• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zF_Reaper

Well I have been asking around this a variant of this question to some of my good friends in real life and one told me that the best for Archer Assassin is the Dark Elf. The other favors the animals for everything (Khajiit and Argonian). But my current and favorite is Wood Elf. Now I am aware that under the bio of wood elf it says that they are the best archers un all of Tamriel but I didn't know if that was just for role play or it is really their stats. Now me being a LoTR fan I had to pick a Wood Elf for Archer Assassin. What do you guys think?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Well I have been asking around this a variant of this question to some of my good friends in real life and one told me that the best for Archer Assassin is the Dark Elf. The other favors the animals for everything (Khajiit and Argonian). But my current and favorite is Wood Elf. Now I am aware that under the bio of wood elf it says that they are the best archers un all of Tamriel but I didn't know if that was just for role play or it is really their stats. Now me being a LoTR fan I had to pick a Wood Elf for Archer Assassin. What do you guys think?
Aside from racial bonuses all races are the same, the wood elves start with +10 archery skill, but any race can be an archer, it just means that they will start 10 or 5 points less, which is probably about 30-40 minutes of bow combat at low level.
If you were going to pick wood elf that just means it's easier for you to begin with because you start with stronger bow damage.
In truth any race can be as good an archer as any other, if anything perhaps khajiits night eye power is most useful for an archer to get an easy shot, but then again any player can become a vampire which gives them the unlimited use of night eye as well, so you can see in the dark as much as you want with any race.
In short all races end up equal in regards to archery but wood elves start with more skill in it.

AS88

Staff member
Just Google "Skyrim Race Starting Stats"

Stuff like this is easy to find out with a little initiative.

But as Wrighty said, Wood Elves have the highest starting skill in Archery.

zF_Reaper

Okay thanks and I know I can just google this stuff but I would rather get opinions from people and as you saw he told me more than I needed to know and it turned out useful.

AS88

Staff member
Okay thanks and I know I can just google this stuff but I would rather get opinions from people and as you saw he told me more than I needed to know and it turned out useful.

Fair enough

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Yeah the Bosmer start out with the best archery skill but truth be told I've overcome starting skill deficits before even leaving Helgan.