• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
wondering the same thing here

brandon

Im playing an assassin and Im wondering is mehrune's razor and the blade of woe the best 2 daggers I can get?
im gonna say maybe the best you can find but i can make a stronger one smithing even though my enchantments arent as strong i might be able to solve that with an enchanting potion.

Verac

im gonna say maybe the best you can find but i can make a stronger one smithing even though my enchantments arent as strong i might be able to solve that with an enchanting potion.
Im in agreement with brandon mehrunes razor and blade of woe are the only good daggers out there or "artifacts" any better you have to make yourself and enchant, then again you really dont need that great of a dagger to be awesome, i use a glass dagger unenchanted and upgraded to exquisite and i 1 shot, -EVERYTHING- but i use backstab gloves ((20% backstab damage)) and the perk which enhances the ratio to 30X

Swordsmansmith

I have those perks as well but that is what I was guessing. 2 daedric daggers upgraded would have higher damage then enchant them.

brandon

I have those perks as well but that is what I was guessing. 2 daedric daggers upgraded would have higher damage then enchant them.
yeah but you can still enchant them one with soultrap and one with absorb health or stamina which ever you decide.

brandon

Verac

2? why 2? dagger are purely meant for sealth((from my experience)) not wise to use in open combat as the only perk that affects them is the first 1h perk and dual wield perk not to mention they're Very short reach i myself use daggers only for stealth ((they are unique cause they make no sound((unless u power attack)) trust me go dual swords. daggers imo are for stealth only just switch to and from

Verac

Because daggers are the fastest weapons and legendary daedric dagger does 150+ damage not counting enchantments.
Fastest? swing yes, but when you dual strike its surprisingly slow, slower than sword dual wield double attack. not to mention they're extremely short reach as an assassin you want to hit, and jump back avoiding damage, cant do that with daggers.

Swordsmansmith

No, even dual wielding they are faster especially with perks and the have a 5 hit power attack. How about since I paid 60$ for the game I play how I want.

Barakuza

2? why 2? dagger are purely meant for sealth((from my experience)) not wise to use in open combat as the only perk that affects them is the first 1h perk and dual wield perk not to mention they're Very short reach i myself use daggers only for stealth ((they are unique cause they make no sound((unless u power attack)) trust me go dual swords. daggers imo are for stealth only just switch to and from
daggers are most definatly faster, and with that speed your enchants will proc wayyyy faster, hence a decent damage output

Verac

You fail to get what im trying to say, the speed is correct, yes, but its duel wield double attack is embarrassingly slow you shouldent have to use the speed enchant. and as i mentioned you do NOT want to get hit as an assassin you want to minimize damage as much as possible and there is NO way you can hit and run with daggers due to there reach. by the time you jump back he/it will lunge at you and nail you esp with 2h's

Verac

Also not only benefiting from good reach, and speed the sword perk gives crit damage so daggers are purely for stealth imo unless your just plain lazy and dont want to switch weapons. but i hot key all my armor/weapons

Barakuza

i find daggers to be just fine, if you want speed use a normal power attack with the daggers, not the double. i have a double dagger character that i play only on master. and with glass daggers and a 30+ dmg fire enchant on one and a 3 second paralyze on the other makes my opponents quite useless. i hit so fast with my daggers that my paralyze enchant will proc in the first 5 seconds of battle usually (granted my sneak attack attempt fails, or else i wouldnt be in the position of a head on battle)

Panthera

Don Gato

I do the same thing, but i still equip daggers on both hands, just for looks... actually in case if target survives and I don't need much effort to kill him I finish the job just with daggers (I don't like to switch weapons, unless I must). xD

acehearts91

The thing with duel wielding guys is that your attack speed while duel strike depends on your left hand weapon so what I'd like to do is use a sword dagger combo which has the daggers speed and backstabbing perk and if he survives he has to go through my daggers speed and swords damage XD you could get even more damage with a dagger-mace but I don't do it bcuz I like the swords throat slitting animation more

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I tend to agree with Verac. I ran dual daggers for a bit and eventually dumped them because of the range. I like to keep a nice, workable distance when fighting hand to hand. Using daggers in that manner tends to lure you too close to an opponent and actually puts you in a position to get surrounded much more easily. Unless, of course, you've fashioned uber daggers that one hit kill during melee to give you a forward out. A lot of this depends on you difficulty setting. Low settings and uber crafting means you don't have to worry so much about function. Just swing away. I play on high difficulty levels and keep crafting unbroken so if I get surrounded, I could be in big trouble.

For my money, the dual-wield perk was made for axes. Maybe scimitars too. No, definitely scimitars too. In fact, imma make a pirate. :)

EDIT

On topic... the best daggers you can get are the ones you can make if you max out crafting, obviously. As far as artifacts go, I prefer Mehrunes Razor, or whatever. For looks and function.

Nighthiker77

The Blade of Woe has the same base damage as a Dragonbone dagger, and responds to the steel smithing perk. The only way you will make a better dagger is with enchanting or a mod.

It is supposedly bugged to swing at sword speed, but my dual attacks and power attacks with Windshear are fast enough to never get hit first, and the stagger effect on Windshear interrupts their attack and leaves them staggered long enough to attack again.

The speed and damage are perfectly adequate on master difficulty with only 2 smithing perks required, steel and arcane.

Sometimes I miss with the Blade of Woe, but Windshear still reaches the enemies, which still staggers them, and gives me time to advance for a dual power attack.

This is a great setup because you have silent 15/30X in the left hand, and guaranteed stagger in the right, neither requiring power attacks.

Other daggers I like are Mehrunes Razor, Valdyr's lucky dagger, Dragonbone dagger, and the skyforge steel dagger. If you have the immersive weapons mod, there is a Razor of Sithis that is pretty cool. I'm assuming that is the mod it came from.

With the 2X gloves and smithing and 1h fairly high, you'd be getting over 1200 damage with stagger on sneak attacks with Windshear, and over 3000 with the Blade of Woe.

Without a sneak bonus, it take 2-3 dual savagery attacks for a deathlord on master, about 4 for death overlords, and 3-4 for dragon priests.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts