• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
So we just got done with Beowulf in British Literature at school and as we were reading it, I can't stop thinking about Skyrim. Everything is in it! So for extra credit, I wanted to make a video of Beowulf video using Skyrim...help?

Well, I havent read Beowulf, and the things he fights may not be school apropriate. The thing about Skyrim is that its different every time. What was your basic plan? Where are you going to go? Who are you going to fight?

You should also buy fraps, well worth it.

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
Well I'm gonna be playing as Beowulf as my Nord Scar, I'm thinking of maybe using a troll for Grendal and a Hravegan, or however you spell the name of that bird woman witch thing, for Grendals mother. Where to go and how to do it or mods would also help.

Well I'm gonna be playing as Beowulf as my Nord Scar, I'm thinking of maybe using a troll for Grendal and a Hravegan, or however you spell the name of that bird woman witch thing, for Grendals mother. Where to go and how to do it or mods would also help.
If your on PC, which I assume you are, console commands are you friend. A video may be too hard or be unwieldy, maybe a slideshow with captions.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

So we just got done with Beowulf in British Literature at school and as we were reading it, I can't stop thinking about Skyrim. Everything is in it! So for extra credit, I wanted to make a video of Beowulf video using Skyrim...help?

Excellent idea, Beowulf is the oldest recorded tale in what can be described as English. I'm not sure which version you read but I highly recommend reading this version. Beowulf: A New Translation: Amazon.co.uk: Seamus Heaney: Books It is widely regarded as the best translation of the source material and also has the original Old English text.

Modding the tale would of course be amazing, but you wouldn't actually have to do that. Presuming you have a PC you could make a video using only vanilla Skyrim, Jorvasker makes a perfect Heorot, you could make three Nord characters to represent Beowulf himself as he ages.

Good luck sir!

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
I'm actually on PS3 guys and I was gonna use an emulator

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I'm actually on PS3 guys and I was gonna use an emulator

An emulator? Not sure I understand... you're going to use an emulator to play your PS3 version on your PC? Wonder if your PC needs a blu-ray player/reader... hmm.

I'd agree with the rest, it would be real interesting to see this done with mods, even the use of the setscale command would work for a more intimidating, and larger troll-Grendel (1.5 makes them large enough). Great call on Jorvaskar as the mead hall Heorot Gore gro-Gijakudob! I actually saw a show on History channel a couple of months ago that covered Beowulf and in the description of Heorot, Jorvaskar came to my mind as well.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Personally for Grendel, I'd want to see something more impressive than a troll.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Armored troll?

Honestly on a console it'd be rough to really capture the character of Grendel. Kind of a mix between a Troll/Werewolf/Gargoyle would be nasty, but impossible on consoles and near impossible on PC. But, it was just my two cents and I tend to go overboard with these kinds of things, so I digress.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts