Quest Bend Will Help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Suru-Pai

Hi everyone!
I'm doing the "Dragonbord" quest, currently "The fate of the Skaal". I know that I'm supposed to learn "Bend Will" and use it on the Wind Stone, but that didn't go so well.
I defeated the blood dragon up in Searing's Watch, but when I was supposed to take it's soul, Miraak came there and took the soul instead, saying something like "Not this time, Dragonborn". (I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something like that) And then he disappeared.
And I needed that dragon soul to be able to use Bend Will, for now I can't use it.
I thought it was meant to be that way, but on all the tutorials I read that didn't happen to anyone, and you're supposed to be able to use Bend Will right after.
Is it a bug? Should I re-load and try again?

Suru-Pai

Update: I did it again, and the same thing happened. What he said was "This dragon soul is mine", and when the soul was absorbed, he said "Thank you for your help, I'll see you soon".

Gigawatts

Yep the first dragon I killed on that land, he took the soul and I was outraged. I spent all that time just for him to take it. I believe (and this is just from me playing) that it is random. Sometimes he steals the soul, sometimes he doesn't and makes no appearance. Although, I've hear of a few people having a glitch where every time they kill a dragon, he steals it. So, I would go back to Skyrim and kill a bunch of dragons. Be patient. But if you have killed like 10 dragons or something, and he steals all of them, then you might have been unlucky and got the glitch. In that case, you need to load an earlier save and either try again, or before you get to that point in the quest go to Skyrim and kill dragons to save up souls for down the road to learn Bend Will.

But Bethesda, I would think, wouldn't purposely make it so he steals every dragon soul, or else I lot of people would be getting stuck. And considering mine and others don't do this. I personally have always saved dragon souls until I have learned all three words of a shout, or at least 2, that way I always have some extra souls just in case. But anyhow, go slay a bunch of dragons over in Skyrim and see. If no luck, load an earlier save and try. Good luck!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts