Being Attacked In Winterhold College?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dezpy

I just finished going through Saarthal and I found the orb with Tolfdir. He sent me back to speak with Savos Aren, and the conversation went fairly well, until I left the room. As I wandered down the stairs to talk to the next person, I found that I was suddenly enemies with Faralda. Even with my weapons sheathed she continued to cast spells at me until I died. After dying once while attempting to run off, Savos Aren accompanied her in the quest to kill me.

It was bizarre. Everyone else in the building left me alone, it was only the two killing me. I can't get anything done, and I really don't want to go all the way back to a previous save point and probably be forced to go back through Saarthal again. I also don't think I did anything to provoke them to want to kill me. I didn't steal anything or cast any spells while inside of the building.

Has anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Stage IV Vampirism?

Dezpy

Well that fixes it. I took a good look at myself when I had the chance and saw that surely enough it was vampirism. As I was walking into town I was stopped by a guard, who was accusing me of stealing things. After paying 1000 gold, I was set into the middle of town, looking perfectly fine. Huh...

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Well that fixes it. I took a good look at myself when I had the chance and saw that surely enough it was vampirism. As I was walking into town I was stopped by a guard, who was accusing me of stealing things. After paying 1000 gold, I was set into the middle of town, looking perfectly fine. Huh...

Hmm, that's weird. Maybe it was just an active bounty.

If you have Stage IV Vampirism, the guards won't arrest you, just attack until dead, as will most of the other NPCs that see you. Next time, you could check on the Status Effects tab in your Magic menu.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts