OOC Begin Again: A Fallout RP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Okay. So... shouldn't you just leave your gear as "a worn jumpsuit" since we'll all be grabbing gear as we go along?
    It depends. You will be grabbing gear as you go, but some have been in the Villa longer than others. Don't worry about it for now, I'll guide you with it as we near the start.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Talking color Soft Pink

Name: Bendito “Blackcoat” Del Rey

Race: Mexican

Build: Medium, slightly toned

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 151 lbs.

Appearance: Has dark tanned skin from wandering out in the Wastes so long. His hair is medium length and sun-bleached and is often tied into a short ponytail, but has black eyebrows.

Personality: When not preaching he is quiet, serene, and thoughtful. Never really raising his voice and possessing an aura of warmth and comfort. When “preaching” or in combat he is loud and shows little concern for his own life. Is known to cough a lot if excited or exerted, lasting effects of his Asthma.

Sexuality: Heterosexual, but for all practical purposes due to his virtues is asexual.

Occupation: Wandering Holy Man, helper of the downtrodden, ex-Paladin

Time in the Sierra Madre: Three days.

Tagged! Skills: Speech, Medicine, Small Guns

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (Start from 1 and you get 21)

Strength 2

Perception 3

Endurance 3

Charisma 5

Intelligence 3

Agility 2

Luck 10

Gear: A pre-war priest outfit from Salida del Sol church, some medical supplies he happened to find. So far seems to be lacking a weapon, but hides a Police Pistol up his sleeve. Also has found a large backpack for holding anything to help those in need.

Background: Bendito was born to a family within the Brotherhood of Steel chapter hidden in NCR territory. He was raised with the intent of instilling absolute loyalty to the Codex, but the strange sickly young man got a different message. He was told of the Good the Codex represented, but instead of fixating on the Codex, he focused on the Good. Working not for the hoarding of technology but for uplifting the other members of the Brotherhood.

Even when he started training as a paladin, he never wavered. He was able to learn that some people were irredeemable, and that he would have to take drastic actions. Funnily enough, what they were trying to teach him was that “non-humans should be destroyed” he instead decided “Monsters have to prove it through actions, no being that willfully lives peacefully deserves to die.”

These beliefs were believed to be a phase, but over time it was apparent that this was not the case. They tried him for heresy and found him guilty, yet they could not execute him. He had helped so many people that if they killed him there would be a riot. So he was given his last standing order: Go into the world and help them any way you can.

Armed with his values and some gifts from others in the Brotherhood of Steel, he took on the name Blackcoat and started helping those who he felt deserved it. Raiders felt his wrath, settlers felt his compassion. He made sure to keep the Brotherhood connections a secret, as they were less than welcome in the NCR territory. As he made his way towards New Vegas he heard a broadcast by a beautiful woman. Hearing an angel, Deacon had to see if there was anyone to save.

Last edited:

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    A Medic in the Madre? There is no such thing... :eek:

Just kidding. Of course you're in Skies.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Okay. So... shouldn't you just leave your gear as "a worn jumpsuit" since we'll all be grabbing gear as we go along?
    It depends. You will be grabbing gear as you go, but some have been in the Villa longer than others. Don't worry about it for now, I'll guide you with it as we near the start.
    Let's just write it in that Gren was found in the Wastes, and was brought into the Villa. There, he woke up, and had no goods on him. That'll dewit.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Let's just write it in that Gren was found in the Wastes, and was brought into the Villa. There, he woke up, and had no goods on him. That'll dewit.
    That should work.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    Who brought him into the villa? Dog isn't there yet

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

HuntScoyBoy

Ok, here is what I came up with. If it won't work, I have another one I can do.

Talking Color: Orange

Name: Harding
    Race: Mister Handy
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 300 lbs
    Appearance: Worn down and rusted, he is a farcry from what he was before the war. He is missing one of his eyes and his arm with the flamethrower attachment, and his judgement processers have serverly deteriorated.
    Personality: Helpful and Kind, he is still programed to serve Rosmary "Hot Mama" Horton as was his job before the war
    Sexuality: Asexual
    Time Spent in the Sierra Madre: 236 years

Tag! Skills: Science, Speech, and Melee Weapons
    S.P.E.C.I.A.L (21 points + 1 in each stat = 28 points)
    Strength - 3
    Perception - 1
    Endurance - 5
    Charisma - 6
    Intelligence - 7
    Agility - 3
    Luck - 3

Gear: Harding has everything a normal Mr. Handy would have, except for the third arm and eye. He also has a small collection of pre-war food, like Gumdrops and Salisbury Steaks, and a first-aid kit of chems: Med-X, Rad-Away, and Buffout. He used all his Stimpacks on his dead owner, with no avail to "Wake her up."

Background: Before the day atomic fire rained down from the sky, Harding was a Mister Handy robot under the service of the popular singer Rosmary "Hot Mama" Horton. As she was one of the showbusiness' elite, she got an invitation to the Grand Opening of the Madre. To allow for a more comfortable stay, she brought aloung her robot butler. In reality, both of them died on that day - Harding simply roams the allyways of the Villa, saying an empty how-do-you-do to the quiet passing locals, and simply living without purpose in life. All of that changed when he met that man...

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    What are the exact limitations on the choices of races?
    Also, did the like button disappear again while I was gone?

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    What are the exact limitations on the choices of races?
    Also, did the like button disappear again while I was gone?
    Anything within the world of Fallout (if it's reasonable) Race can either apply to ethnicity, or to being a ghoul, super mutant, synth, etc.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Thinking along the lines of a intelligent deathclaw, like Goris or Xarn (fallout 2). Maybe a Alpha super mutant.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Thinking along the lines of a intelligent deathclaw, like Goris or Xarn (fallout 2). Maybe a Alpha super mutant.
    I can justify a regular super mutant. But I will not allow an intelligent Deathclaw, especially because Goris and Xarn were the last ones. It would be out of place and OP.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Goris and Xarn could have carried the gene through to their supposed children, being a male dominant gene. Gets rid of the Out of place, not the OP(at least in the sense of the game, and not PnP).
    Alpha mutant can be justified being either a remnant, or one of the ones that sought out peace with humans...
    Else, I would just go with nightkin, basically a alpha mutant(albeit FEV-II induced) with psychological damage.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Goris and Xarn could have carried the gene through to their supposed children, being a male dominant gene. Gets rid of the Out of place, not the OP(at least in the sense of the game, and not PnP).
    Alpha mutant can be justified being either a remnant, or one of the ones that sought out peace with humans...
    Else, I would just go with nightkin, basically a alpha mutant(albeit FEV-II induced) with psychological damage.
    "BTW, the talking deathclaws were destroyed at the end of Fallout 2. Xarn and Goris did not go on to create a new species. They are gone. Kaput. Goodbye. In fact, any mutant animal that talks can safely be assumed to have died at the end at the exact minute that Fallout 2 was over.
    Any last words, talking animals?
    I thought not."
    -Chris Avellone.

You can be a first generation mutant as long as you do it tactfully. Otherwise, stick with humans and ghouls.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    But, in according to that reference Avellone later stated that the fallout bible was considered uncanon... But then again, so is their so named reproduction gene. So ultimately their fate is left out to Bethesda.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    But, in according to that reference Avellone later stated that the fallout bible was considered uncanon... But then again, so is their so named reproduction gene. So ultimately their fate is left out to Bethesda.
    Bethesda hasn't dealt with the West Coast. Avellone was in the NV development team. The bible is the best reference we have.

Besides, I explicitly told you no. If you contest this further, you are telling me you don't value what I say and ultimately will do whatever you want. I don't want to reject CCs. But I will if you don't accept the parameters of the RP.

I am interested in this.
    Excellent. Go ahead and post a CC if you want. You're already experienced with Fallout RPs, so I trust you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts