OOC Become Legend - A Destiny Roleplay

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    WE ARE NO LONGER RECRUITING​
    Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, following its arrival in our galaxy, it breathed new life into our system. Rain washed over Mars. Fresh air cleansed the sky over Venus. Soon after, humanity raced into the black, colonizing these newly remade worlds. A new surge of technological advances led to the greatest age in human history - a true Golden Age. Technology went far beyond the wildest imagination of even the most eccentric of people. Personal space craft allowed travel between worlds at will. Hover bikes and vehicles became a common sight. Weaponry and armor, however, reached levels that many had never even dreamed possible.​
    Every Golden Age, however, must come to an end. The Traveler, the mysterious being that rushed humanity millions of years into their future in the blink of an eye, had an enemy. The Darkness, another mystery in the eyes of mankind, found the Traveler sooner than humanity had thought possible. It laid waste to our colonies, slaughtering and destroying, pushing us back further and further to our home planet. From the ashes of our shattered colonies came new forms of life. The Fallen, a four-armed race of bandits and pirates. The Vex, an ancient and merciless race of alien robots. The Cabal, a well-armed race of gargantuan guerrilla soldiers. The Hive, a race of zombie-like aliens, controlled by a single hive mind.​
    Humanity stood no chance. We were pushed back to Earth, until the traveler released a power unlike the universe had ever seen. The Darkness was stopped dead in its tracks, and the Traveler thrust into dormancy, resting over the last city on Earth. There it remains as we struggle to discover its origin, and a way to harness its power. The Collapse, as it came to be known, has left our solar system in pieces, as every day becomes a struggle. This is where you come in, Guardian.​
    The Tower, a grand structure at the center of the last city, is the hub of the Guardians that guard humanity. These great and noble warriors are humanity's literal last hope in unraveling the mysteries of the universe and destroying the Darkness. This tale follows six Guardians, heroes and defenders of the Last City, in their epic quest to destroy the Darkness, save Humanity and Become Legend.​
    +++​
    For those who haven't guessed it yet, this RP is based entirely in the universe of Bungie's new Shared-World First Person RPG Shooter, Destiny. Although not yet on the shelves, there is a Beta coming soon and we can all begin telling our own story this September.​
    I've always done Skyrim RPs and this game looks more than incredible, so I thought I'd give it a go at trying this. Seeing as how the game isn't out yet, we have a lot of room for imagination whilst no solid Lore exists, only basic information and locations. So, this should a really fun and imaginative RP.​
    This won't be a happy heroes-and-villains type RP. This is the post-apocalyptic future, people. I'll post a full guide on enemies, classes, planets and significant locations, weapons, vehicles etc. soon after this post, but it will take a long time to compile.​
    RULES​
    1) No god-modding.​
    2) Be respectful of your fellow players; you're all here for the same reason.​
    3) This is 18+, so expect adult themes, coarse language etc. With all due respect, if you can't handle it, I recommend you don't apply here.​
    4) I know there's no solid lore in place, but try to stay reasonably realistic please. Well, as realistic as the post-apocalyptic future can be.​
    5) Have fun, for god's sake! :)
    CC​
    Name:​
    Age: (Life expectancy has increased dramatically by the way...)​
    Race: (Exo, Human or Awoken, info to come)​
    Class: (Titan, Hunter or Warlock, info to come)​
    Birthplace: (Just the planet/moon should be fine)​
    Sexuality:​
    Laterality:​
    Height/Weight:​
    Dialogue Color:​
    Eyes:​
    Hair:​
    Facial details:​
    Scars:​
    Build:​
    Attire: (Images welcome, if you can find them)​
    Positive traits:​
    Negative Traits:​
    Dislikes:​
    Fears:​
    Most Hated Enemy Race:​
    Primary Weapon: (Auto-Rifle, Scout Rifle, Pulse Rifle)​
    Special Weapon: (Fusion Rifle, Hand Cannon, Shotgun)​
    Heavy Weapon: (Heavy Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle)​
    Skillset:​
    Super:​
    Feel free to name, describe and customize your weapons - there are supposedly more guns in Destiny than "the number of guns in every Halo game, squared, then squared again," so if you want to create your own weapon feel free - some have really cool extra effects if you want to add some to your personal weapon, i.e explosive ammo and turning invisible when ADS. Note, however, that it is unlikely that a Guardian should start with such high-end equipment, so if you do think of a really cool and powerful idea, then save it and discover it during the RP :)
    I won't ask for a full back-story like most RPs, just knowing where your Guardian was, and how he/she ended up at the Tower on Earth is enough.​
    My own CC will come shortly, along with a guide to the guns and enemies and locations if necessary.​
    +++​
    Blitzz as Dante Vornoyya
    EpicVakarian as Katey Skjaervo
    Valin Oakthorn as Aaron James
    Navare as Azarias Drexel
    Specter of Death as Ashetari Zohnen
    ShadowMage as Dax 7-0C3

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    CLASSES
    THE TITAN
    The armored engine of war, the Titan is armored, powerful and disciplined. Heavy armor and shields make them nearly invincible, and their power and resolve give them the air of rising Gods. Incredibly strong, Titans are good at both dealing and taking heavy damage, often drawing the attention from their fellow Guardians. Titans are tanks in every sense of the word, and are the main targets of most enemy attacks.
    Titans are the class that will be seen in heavy, bulky armor. They define themselves with a belt, with a cloth draped from it. Each cloth and belt is different for each hunter, and tends to be their defining feature. They are the main class that will lend themselves to Heavy Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers, and are not frightened to get up close and personal with the enemy.
    In terms of skill-sets, Titans take their abilities from a particular Codex. Normally the Striker or Defender Codexes, each changing his abilities on the battlefield. The Striker Codex lends itself to dealing lots of damage in a short space of time, and the super ability is known as the Fist of Havoc, a devastating ground pound that disintegrates enemies in its radius. The Defender Codex aims to turn the Titan into an invincible walking Tank. The Super for this Codex is the Ward of Dawn, an impenetrable dome of light that shields those inside it from all possible damage.
    titans.jpg
    THE HUNTER
    Master of the Frontier, the Hunter is quick on the trigger and deadly with a blade. Hunters stalk battlefield as if they were hunting prey. Cunning and ruthless, Hunters prize the undiscovered and are always prepared for the unexpected, channeling their powers through intuition and gut instinct. Armored to a medium level, Hunters always seem to wear a mask and cloak, with varying amounts of armor underneath, depending on the Hunter's combat role. Their capes and masks tend to be their defining feature, like the Titan's cloth.
    The Hunter is adept at both picking off enemies from afar, and stealthily working their way among the foes to attack from among them. Whilst possessing no immediate cloaking abilities, the Hunter's stealthy movement and often slight build allows them to sneak around quickly and effectively. As such, they are most commonly found using a sniper rifle, or a hand cannon when in close quarters, although they are the only class that carries a knife at all times for melee combat.
    The Hunter's skills determine their combat abilities the same as all both other classes. The Gunslinger specialization makes the Hunter an in-your-face fighter, capable of dealing out massive damage from both near and far. Their super is the Golden Gun, a handgun powered with solar energy to decimate everything it touches. The Bladedancer specialization focuses on allowing the Hunter to move around undetected and deal damage from the shadows. Their super ability charges their knife with Void energy, allowing them to quickly chain a series of devastating melee blows to eliminate multiple enemies quickly.
    destiny-hunters-530x331.jpg
    THE WARLOCK
    Warlocks are masters of Arcane power. Seemingly having found a way to weaponize their curiosity, Warlocks are masters of power granted by the Traveler. These are no passive scholars of the unknown; Warlocks are mystic and powerful beings, capable of harnessing the power of the Traveler to perform incredible acts of sheer devastation.
    Warlocks rely mainly on their devastating arcane power, but they are no pushovers when it comes to weaponry. Having no main expertise in weaponry, Warlocks are average with all types of firearm. They wear mainly robes with odd bits of armor, including a distinctive rounded helmet. They have a band around their upper arm that defines their order, a unique feature on each Warlock.
    Warlocks draw their power from the Traveler. A Voidwalker Warlock harnesses the power of the Void to devastate foes. Their super allows them to jump high into the air and fire a massive blast of Void energy into foes, known as a Nova Bomb, disintegrating those unlucky enough to be caught in its blast. The Firesinger calls on the power of the Sun to fuel its powers. Its Super, known only as Radiance, pumps Solar energy through the Warlock's veins, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of the user's abilities.
    warlock_armor_desktop.jpg

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    RACES
    HUMANS
    Humans have seen very little change to their physiology since the Traveler arrived. The life expectancy of a Human has increased by hundreds and in cases thousands of years, but we remain the soft, squishy beings that we were before the Golden Age bought about by the Traveler.
    destiny_human.jpg
    THE AWOKEN
    The Awoken are a blue-skinned humanoid race that surfaced on distant planets during the Golden Age. They quickly became accepted into the fold and respected as equals to the humans. The only difference between Humans and Awoken seems to be appearance, although the Awoken seem to be slightly more hardy.
    300px-Awokengame.png
    THE EXO
    The Exo are a humanoid race of machines, fully sentient beings, from before the Collapse. They have been left on and their previous purpose and memories have disappeared, leaving them to survive among the other races on Earth. The Exo are tireless, sinister and powerful.
    destiny-exo.jpg

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    ENEMIES
    THE FALLEN
    The Fallen are hardy, humanoid creatures with four arms. They can survive in a wide range of environments without heavy armor or complex physiological modification. They travel light, hit hard, and are gone before you know it. Although they may look like mere scavengers, there is evidence of a splendid and sophisticated past, with hints and markings of proud ancestral Houses. Dregs are the typical grunts of Fallen society. Vandals are their slight superiors. Both are led by Fallen Captains. Devil Walkers act as heavy firepower for the Fallen. We are certain that there is a larger hierarchy within Fallen society, but we are yet to discover what it is in its entirety.
    destiny_fallen.jpg
    THE VEX
    Little is known about this race of humanoid machines. Reports indicate that the Vex are mass-produced machine units made of an alloy somewhat resembling hammered brass, but much, much stronger. All attempts to communicate or reason with the Vex have failed. They are unrelenting, merciless and deadly, and we have yet to find a way of stopping them.
    vex.png
    THE CABAL
    Very few Guardians have faced the Cabal and lived to tell the tale. They appear to be a professional military operation. On every front that we have found them on the march, they have already dug in and ringed their installations with razor wire. They boast incredible size and strength, along with impressive firepower and technology. The only way to stop them seems to be with a lot of lead.
    cabal-destiny.png
    THE HIVE
    The Hive manipulate the physical world in ways we can only begin to imagine. They carved an entire Kingdom deep into the lifeless core of the Moon, where it is believed they still remain to this day. They are a horde race of zombie-like aliens, lifeless and merciless killing machines governed by powerful beings in possession of great arcane gits, commonly referred to as Hive Wizards.
    IMG_3281_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    WEAPONS
    PRIMARY
    Auto Rifle: A fully automatic, medium damage assault rifle, effective at close range.
    Scout Rifle: A semi automatic, medium damage assault rifle, effective at long range.
    Pulse Rifle: A burst fire, medium damage assault rifle, effective at medium range.
    SPECIAL
    Shotgun: A devastating close-range weapon with very high damage per round. Ineffective at medium and long range.
    Hand Cannon: A handgun with very high damage per round, handy at close quarters and medium range.
    Fusion Rifle: A rifle that charges before each shot to unleash a high damage energy bolt. Effective at long and medium range.
    HEAVY
    Rocket Launcher: A shoulder-mounted explosive projectile launcher, useful against groups and armored targets.
    Sniper Rifle: A very powerful long range rifle, ineffective at close range.
    Heavy Machine Gun: A belt-fed MG with high damage per round, and a hell of a lot of rounds.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    LOCATIONS:
    EARTH
    Our home. The Last City was built in the Traveler's protective aura, dormant after it made its last stand against the Darkness. Earth is now a desolate planet, mainly wastelands and the remnants of once-great cities. It is home to the Traveler, the Last City, and most importantly, the Tower; your home. We are plagued primarily by the Fallen.
    Destiny-Alien-ship-over-earth-IGN.jpg
    EARTH'S MOON
    Since the collapse, all attempts to return to the moon have been repulsed, reporting increased enemy activity. Before the collapse we discovered a massive Hive Kingdom at the core of the Moon, and we have left them there, where they could not hurt us. Since the collapse the Moon has been dubbed a forbidden zone, where only the most skilled and prestigious of Guardians are allowed to tread.
    Destiny-Moon1.jpg
    VENUS
    Venus is a monument to all we have lost. Terra-formed into a vast jungle land by the Traveler, Venus served as the greatest discovery for man-kind: paradise. It is said that we built a school dedicated to learning and research on the shores of a great sea, but during the Collapse the waters boiled up and the coasts shattered, and all that we had created was destroyed, leaving behind just ruins. Venus serves as the home-world of the Vex, but they are not alone.
    Destiny-venus-academy.jpg
    MARS
    During the Golden Age we built a vast metropolis in the red sands of Mars, but the Darkness swept almost all of it away. All that remains was claimed by the sand itself, and no brave adventurer has ever made it past the Cabal that call the planet home to see what remains of our legacy buried beneath the dunes.
    mars_desktop.jpg

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Hmm. To be honest, I'm not really all that bothered about Destiny itself, but seeing as my exams end in about 5 days, and seeing as this RP seems 1-extremely well thought out, and 2-extremely interesting if done well, I think I might apply. Sort of accidentally already planned out the skeleton of a character :p In any case, I think I probably will apply. Could you save me a spot please; I won't have time to make a CC until next Friday. I've got exams every day until then, but after that I'm free to go.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I'll keep you one, Epic. Destiny itself is more of a shell for this RP, just set in the universe to be perfectly honest, but I liked the idea of writing my own story in the Destiny universe without the limits of the video game itself, so here it is :p Any hints of the idea for a character? Variety is important so I can steer my character clear of yours in terms of build :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

EpicVakarian

Update; I might be able to make a CC tonight, at a push. I'll be staying up to watch the England-Italy match, so I'll be online longer than normal, giving me a chance to work on it.

EpicVakarian

NAME Katey Skjaervo
    AGE 26
    RACE Human
    GENDER Female
    CLASS Hunter
    BIRTHPLACE Earth
    SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    LATERALITY Right-handed
    HEIGHT 5'5"
    WEIGHT 8st, 13lbs (125lbs)
    DIALOGUE COLOUR Red

Elizabeth-Olsen.jpg

EYES Green
    HAIR Blonde-brown, fairly long but tied into a ponytail, worn to the side, to keep it tidy
    FACIAL DETAILS A small amount of freckles
    SCARS White burn marks wrapping around both her wrists, and a small cut on her left shoulder
    BUILD Small but powerful; can easily hide due to her size, but doesn't lose any of the attitude.
    ATTIRE Brown leather trousers, with a red top and belt, and a black cape with red colourings. Sometimes wears a black face-mask to conceal her identity.
    b9ccwp.jpg
    2u596bn.jpg

POSITIVE TRAITS Intelligent, humble, kind, can be merciful
    NEGATIVE TRAITS Sometimes stubborn, harbors a special prejudice toward the Exo and the Vex
    LIKES Relaxing, being with friends, completing personal objectives
    DISLIKES The Exo, bandits and pirates, etc
    FEARS The Traveller, the Fallen, the Cabal, dying alone
    MOST HATED RACE The Vex and the Hive, both for their uncaring, ruthless nature.

PRIMARY WEAPON A black scout rifle with red accents, with a black strap. Includes a medium-long range scope for accuracy and sometimes a silencer to remain inconspicuous.
    Destiny-MonitorS11ScoutRifle-Side.png
    SPECIAL WEAPON Hand cannon that she calls the Magnum, with a fairly long barrel.
    Screen-Shot-2013-03-09-at-3.14.04-PM.png
    HEAVY WEAPON Sniper rifle, camouflaged, with a bipod setup on the underside for stability.
    Closing_time.jpg
    SKILLSET Extremely agile and quick, and light-footed enough to avoid detection by the majority of enemies. Very steady hands, allowing for far more accurate shots.

SUPER Golden Gun

BACKSTORY Katey's mother was a surgeon in the Last City, and often Katey helped her with procedures. Hence, Katey grew to be a kind, caring woman; and also grew to have some of the steadiest hands her few friends had ever seen. She always had a wish to become a Guardian though; especially after seeing the Tower from the distance for the first time. She entered into a makeshift combat school, and learned how to shoot. It turned out she had a natural instinct for sneaking and sniping, and was also adept at medium range combat. So, she saved up the money to buy her equipment, and set out beyond the Last City, to practice her skills in real, physical events. It took around five and a half years before she considered herself skilled enough to contend with the Guardians, and so Katey returned to the Tower, hoping to receive some acceptance into their ranks.

EpicVakarian

Edited so you can see the attire pictures more easily. Sorry for the huge pictures dominating the CC, and sorry if there's any inconsistencies with the lore.
    Speaking of the lore, I was originally going to have her born on Venus, but eventually chose Earth for safety; I felt if I chose Venus, there was a chance I might have to change it because of any history saying that Venus was abandoned before Katey was born, or something. Just wondering if that would have been a problem.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    If she's 26 then she would have been able to be born on Venus but would've left early, I'm not sure but I'm assuming it was between 15 and 20 years since the Collapse :) im running an Awoken Titan, Dante Vornoyya, so that will be up tomorrow morning at the latest. This RP does, quite well actually, work with as few as two guardians, so once exams are out of the way this should get going properly, hopefully sooner

EpicVakarian

Oh, okay. Well, I'll just stick with Earth, seeing as how I've wrapped the entire rest of the CC around Earth :p I only wanted Venus in the first place for her to be used to the warm yet cool weather, but if she'd left early she'd be used to the Earth weather anyway, so not much point.

I should hope you get at least one more Guardian included >_> <_< And my exams finish on the 19th, don't know about you. I would have thought you were almost done, considering you're year 12; most year 12s have finished by now. Anyway, not too long until mine are over, so yeah, we could get started quite soon if necessary.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Three is the official number for an in-game fire team and six is the number for high-level strikes and events so that's why I put the cap at 6 :)

EpicVakarian

I would assume that Titans would be the backbone of a squad, right? Then warlocks and hunters are more support roles?

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    In a way; the Titan is the heavy hitter/tank, Warlock is Damage and Buffs and Hunter is long-ranged damage and stealth

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    And we will get vehicles, ships and AI Ghost companions during the RP

EpicVakarian

Oh right. So; vehicles meaning cars/bikes etc, ships meaning interplanetary, right? And what's a Ghost? I've not really been following along with Destiny at all :oops:

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Haha its fine, I've been following it for a year and a bit now :p a ghost is a little companion that floats around with you, literally tennis ball sized, feesa you info and shows maps etc, the basic one is voiced by peter dinklage in game! :D and by vehicles... Google Destiny Sparrow, then Destiny Pike :)

EpicVakarian

Oh okay, so those things that look like Guilty Spark from Halo >_> <_< And so the vehicles are kind of like the Endor speeders :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts