• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
After successfully dominating Skyrim through backstabs and sniping from the shadows, I decided to take my next character on a slightly more aggressive path. I went with a battlemage mainly because a straightforward warrior tends to bore. I enjoy having the mix of magic to accompany one-handed; that, and the fact that I'm not very good at all with a shield. I decided to go heavy armor even though I know I could reach the armor cap with upgraded dragon scale. It will help out in the earlier stages and it matches the roleplaying aspect of my character better. I decided to use destruction, restoration, and alteration to couple with one-handed, armor, and smith and enchanting. Anyway tell me what you think, I'm level 15 and having fun so far this is my planned out build Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! Oh, also I'm a breton.

now i ask only bc im trying the same....LEGENDARY difficulty or what??

Good luck :D

destruction spells on legendary are piss weak so you have to get creative to cause damage. im doing a pure mage (Elenwen) on legendary difficulty and all im saying is get ready for some epic long fights and be prepared to die often. physical armour does help though... i keep forgetting to recast my mage armour!

Lord Vaako

pure mage going it alone without anyback up requires some heavy skill. my battlemage needs careful planning before any encounter for me to survive but a big chunk of health is normally gone. every encounter.

Craig_K

Hi Everyone,

I'm totally new to Skyrim, but have been looking up a few tips/watching YT vids etc,. I have heard that you don't need Armour for the Battlemage, as a Mage Robe can be used, and can give up to 240 Armour, is there any truth in this? I don't want to waste perks on this if it's not been heard of/used.

Thanks.

Hey Craig, welcome to the forums :D

Typically a battlemage is a mage that wears physical armour. gennerally heay armour.

To answer your question though, there are alteration spells that allow you to have a temporary armour rating (depends on the spell as to how high the rating is).

The mage armour perks on the alteration tree raises this rating as well, as long as you are not wearing any physical armour.

Thanks Irishman, for the welcome and the advice too :)

I just wondered if it was worth using the Mage Robe, but I think I'll go with Heavy Armour instead.

Cheers,

CK

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm totally new to Skyrim, but have been looking up a few tips/watching YT vids etc,. I have heard that you don't need Armour for the Battlemage, as a Mage Robe can be used, and can give up to 240 Armour, is there any truth in this? I don't want to waste perks on this if it's not been heard of/used.

Thanks.

Hey Craig, welcome to the forums :D

Typically a battlemage is a mage that wears physical armour. gennerally heay armour.

To answer your question though, there are alteration spells that allow you to have a temporary armour rating (depends on the spell as to how high the rating is).

The mage armour perks on the alteration tree raises this rating as well, as long as you are not wearing any physical armour.

Thanks Irishman, for the welcome and the advice too :)

I just wondered if it was worth using the Mage Robe, but I think I'll go with Heavy Armour instead.

Cheers,

CK

Being new to Skyrim, i would have to agree with you!

Have fun :D

Latest posts