Bassianus or Klimmek (Who wrote the book of love quest)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I just can't bring myself to match her up with Bassianus. For one, the guy has "anus" in his name. He's an asshole. No really, HE IS AN ASSHOLE. After talking with him, having no idea that I can determine who he spends the rest of his life with, he ends the conversation "Such a boring conversation..."

His voice actor is the same actor for Nazeem "Do you get to the cloud district very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't" Man I'm the Dovahkin, I'm THane of Whiterun, I spend way more time in the Cloud District than I've ever seen your scrawny butt hanging out there.

Klimmek, he's charitable, he climbs 7,000 steps with supplies to get them to the GreyBeards out of his own charitable good will.

I just don't see them having a happy marriage if I match make her with Bassianus, the fact they used a voice actor who voice acts damn near half the villains in the game says a lot. To me it's not a tough decision, but anyone who match made her with Bassianus so they could elope in Riften, did they TRULY seem happier after what we did, or did they do something mundane like hang out in the shop keepers area of Riften all day everyday, only to go sleep in the Beggar's Row where the beggars and Madesi hang out at?

I'm probably going to match her up with Klimmek anyways, but if anyone thinks I'm making the wrong decision with how much she supposedly loves Bassianus, do comment in this thread.

J

Jeremius

I really do not think there was meant to be a right or wrong choice in that quest part.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I've done that quest once and matched her with that pompas ass, Bassianus. It was terrible. He just walked around Riften all day and Fastred spent the entire time looking mournfully down into the river, like she wanted to jump in and end it all.

If I ever do it again I will go for Klimmek.

JoeReese

I just can't bring myself to match her up with Bassianus. For one, the guy has "anus" in his name. He's an asshole. No really, HE IS AN ASSHOLE. After talking with him, having no idea that I can determine who he spends the rest of his life with, he ends the conversation "Such a boring conversation..."

His voice actor is the same actor for Nazeem "Do you get to the cloud district very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't" Man I'm the Dovahkin, I'm THane of Whiterun, I spend way more time in the Cloud District than I've ever seen your scrawny butt hanging out there.

Klimmek, he's charitable, he climbs 7,000 steps with supplies to get them to the GreyBeards out of his own charitable good will.

I just don't see them having a happy marriage if I match make her with Bassianus, the fact they used a voice actor who voice acts damn near half the villains in the game says a lot. To me it's not a tough decision, but anyone who match made her with Bassianus so they could elope in Riften, did they TRULY seem happier after what we did, or did they do something mundane like hang out in the shop keepers area of Riften all day everyday, only to go sleep in the Beggar's Row where the beggars and Madesi hang out at?

I'm probably going to match her up with Klimmek anyways, but if anyone thinks I'm making the wrong decision with how much she supposedly loves Bassianus, do comment in this thread.
I never noticed the "anus" thing, but your 'ass'essment of him is spot on. If there was anything the Dragonborn should do for him, it's slap the spit out of him, until he becomes a bit less of a fetcher.

Wildroses

I've never once matched her up with Bassianus. "You don't look like a pilgrim. Why bother coming to Ivarstead?" and "What a boring conversation" pretty much sealed his fate to be forever alone. Klimmek all the way! Plus that way Fastred doesn't leave Ivarstead which will make her parents happy.

I used YouTube to see what the dialogue with Bassianus speaks to Fastred was and felt even more confident I'd made the right decision. "What good is catching fish if you have to eat them alone?" beats "Your father will never approve so we must leave this place" every day.

And as an added bonus, when Bassianus moves back to Riften alone he spends the entire day looking mournfully down into the river like he wants to end it all.

JoeReese

Quest: The Book of Love Just Ain't Enough

Stage:

10 - I've been summoned to Riften, to the temple of Mara, on an urgent matter. I should talk to Dinya.

20 - Dinya has told me that Mara warns her of trouble brewing in Ivarstead, where the first couple was helped to love. I should go to Ivarstead and speak to Klimmek.

30 - I've arrived in Ivarstead, to find Klimmek's home surrounded by several angry men. Only a few town guards stand between the men and Klimmek, barricaded inside.
I should speak to the guard captain.

40 - The guard captain has told me that Klimmek has been found in the company of several village ladies, raising the ire of the local men. I should speak with Fastred.

50 - I've found Fastred at her home, in sadness. Fastred has told me that, ever since Klimmek's abrupt change, his confidence has steadily grown stronger. At first,
this served to make them closer, but over time she began to feel that other women were becoming attracted to him. Fastred said her own mother was among the
most recent women to wander into his arms, and she fears her father will kill Klimmek. I should talk to Jofthor.

60 - I've located Jofthor at Klimmek's home. He appears to be leading a group of village men, and is adamant that Klimmek should be punished for corrupting the village
ladies. Jofthor intends to kill Klimmek for both his daughter's and his wife's honor. I should speak with Klimmek.

70 - After some persuasion, I convinced a guard to let me into Klimmek's home...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts