• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Calibratez

Hey guys welcome to my basic assassin guide I decided to make this guide because assassins are my favorite class u can play as in Skyrim. Feel free to leave suggestions :)

To start off I will be telling you what guilds to join and how to join them. What weapons and armor you should be using, and also where to spend your perks.

Guilds
I really recommend joining the Dark brotherhood and Thieves guild.

How to join the Dark brotherhood

How to join the Thieves Guild

The reason I recommend joining these guilds is because they give you a TON of gold and also give you the weapons and armor you need.

As an assassin you should be using light armor, daggers, and bows.

Light armor: For light armor I recommend Nightingale or Dark Brotherhood armor u can mix and match the armors together for best performance but I like to have that full armor set look.
These armors give bonuses like double back stab damage, 20 percent better archery, better sneaking and resit to frost and poison which all are very useful for assassin. U can obtain the Nightingale armor from the thieves guild and of course the Dark brotherhood armor from the Dark brotherhood guild. Always remember that you are using light armor so you can die easily. Thats why it is crucial to get every sneak attack.

Weapons:As for bows I would say Nightingale which is obtained from the Thieves guild quest line, Ebony bow can be found or smithed, and the best bow imo the Daedric bow which is only available if you have 90 smithing. As for daggers id say Blade of woe Obtained from the Dark brotherhood questline, Mehrunes razor obtained from the quest Pieces of the past, and my personal favorite daedric daggers. There are debates between blade of woe mehrunes razor duel wield vs Daedric daggers dual wield.

Build order: For an assassin build you will be focusing on these skills
Sneak
Archery
One Handed
Light armor
Pickpocket
Lockpicking
Enchanting
Smithing

U want to start of by leveling up your sneak and archery evenly as you can. Once you get a solid level of those skills start leveling up your one handed. I recommend you try to use your one handed and archery evenly so they both level up and one is not falling behind. Then you wanna start puting perks into light armor. After all of those it is now kind of an option if you want to be more of assassin/thief or you can level your Enchanting and Smithing. I personally got my smithing to 100 so I could make Daedric bows and daggers which I love alot.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Are daggers considered swords for the purpose of Bladesman? Or they're in their own separate category?

They are not considered swords so do not benefit from Bladesman.

Daggers also do not benefit from Fortify One-Handed damage.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to guides/tutorials section.

They are not considered swords so do not benefit from Bladesman.

Daggers also do not benefit from Fortify One-Handed damage.

But they benefit from the other one-handed perks? Like the damage increase and faster dual wielding attacks?

Icy Seeker

(spoiler) My assassin started off light armor but then i did Boithiens (spelling) quest i decided to switch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts