1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Spoiler Bardic Knowledge, Secret Servant, or Black Market

Discussion in 'Dragonborn DLC' started by TheQuietCommentatorUTube, Dec 5, 2012.

?

What is the best choice, out of the three

1. Bardic Knowledge

3.6%
  2. Secret Servant

14.3%
  3. Black Market

82.1%
  1. TheQuietCommentatorUTube

TheQuietCommentatorUTube Busy Being A Boss

Lakeview Manor, Falkreath, Skyrim, Tamriel, Nirn
    After reading one of the black books you get the option to have the Bardic Knowledge, Secret Servant, or Black Market power. Which one, in your opinion, is the best?
  2. Austin Chaos

Austin Chaos Member

I went with Black Market, that way if I'm ever out in the middle of nowhere and need to get rid of stuff, I have someone to sell it to.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vraek

Vraek Member

I went for secret servant, on the grounds that the only thing I missed about having a follower was having someone to unload all my junk onto :L
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Professor Skalvar

Professor Skalvar General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club

It depends on the playstyle you go by. My character is a Battlemage, so I decided to go with Bardic Knowledge to help pull out more power attacks with the Bloodskal Blade. Had I been a completely different character, I would have probably gone with Secret Servant since I'm a bit of a hoarder.
  5. Beelzemonic

Beelzemonic New Member

I'd choose Black Market, its nice to be able to have your own personal servant to sell your junk to, and its nice that he has 2000 gold to spare so if your wanting to sell your stuff for as much gold as you can get out of it. He is a great option because then you can sell your stuff without having to go to like 10 merchants to sell all your stuff. However if you want a personal container that you can carry with you, choose Secret Servant. Bardic Knowledge seems pointless because its just stamina regeneration.
  6. CaptMorgan72

CaptMorgan72 Active Member

Black market is fantastic. Now if Bethesda named the dremora merchant Vulgrim, it would have been absolutely perfect.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Naginata: 3 Points (Yes. Just yes.) Apr 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TheQuietCommentatorUTube

bump
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    RY14NCE: 2 Points (Your profile pic is hilarious :)) Jun 21, 2013
  8. Sarcron

Sarcron New Member

Black market. The Dremora servant only has 149 capacity I believe, which isn't all that much. I prefer just cashing in a quick 2 grand and gradually emptying my inventory on an adventure. The bard drums don't have much use if you have high stamina and stamina regen bonuses.
  9. SJ Commander

SJ Commander New Member

I prefer the Dremora servant, because when I go over my (substantial) carry limit, it's usually due to picking up something like a leveled unique weapon or armor, which I do want to take along but which I don't want to be slowed down by.
  10. TheQuietCommentatorUTube

bump
  11. Gowsh

Gowsh Old Fart

I took the butler.

My char is unconcerned about gold, but has developed a collector's personality.

One, he'd like to fully stock his library with ALL the books.

Additionally, all the residences he uses for Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy should be fully stocked with "ingorty", dragon parts and alchemical ingredients.

It's hard to carry all that crap, even with a bunch of carry weight enchantments.
  12. drem yol lok

drem yol lok Member

Bardic knowledge does help if your a vampire as during the day stamina does not regenerate.
  13. Clau

Clau The Fateless One

I chose Black Market. Bought an awful lot of Daedric armor and weapons for all my followers.
  14. Oren74

Oren74 Active Member

I just like a ghostly drum following me around...I only pick up the most expensive items now-a-days anyway, and selling them can wait.
  15. junta

junta Member

Bardic KNowledge for me because its the closest I can get to actually play an instrument in the game. Yes, I like to role-play.
  16. TheQuietCommentatorUTube

bump?