Barbas - where is the dog?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
He *should* come running up to you when you walk out of Falkreath carrying the meat (you don't need to drop it). If just carrying it around for a while doesn't produce the dog then something's going wrong. If you're using a PC you can try moving him to yourself with the console. I'm not sure what else is to be done.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Mind you, you may regret finding him. He is a total pain as a follower, constantly bumping you when you are trying to take aim, pushing you off ledges, incessant inane conversation and general annoyance. I bet he would stink as well, if we could tell.

Chadonraz

Did you ever find him? Because I have the same problem.

The guard stopped me, I talked to Lod, he gave me the meat, and Barbas failed to show up.
I believe it might have been because I had an active treasure hunting misc mission in Haemar's Shame (I was trying to kill two birds with one stone). When I couldn't find Barbas, I decided to get the stupid treasure hoping it'd make him appear. But no.
Vile had his companion with him when I cleared Haemar's Shame.

I'm not going for the achievement with this character, but I'd like to get rid of the "Find the Dog outside Falkreath" misc mission.
Reloading was not an option, because I don't keep saves very far back.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts