PC Bane of my existence: CTDs

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Hey,

Sooo long story long, I started modding skyrim properly a couple of months back (properly as in doing in a methodical way, before that i was just grabbing whatever I fancy from wherever i felt like and installing it however I wanted). I started studying a bit, understanding and doing stuff properly (things like cleaning).

I wanted to get real vision since I've never had it before (didn't have a good PC till recently and stuff). So I proceeded as was instructed. I got Real Vision for CoT, not the original one. The game was okay for some time, only problem i noted was I couldn't enter red eagle redoubt (CTD). Installed race menu after sometime and boom can't enter dragonsreach now (which was fine before that).

So I thought maybe its something to do with installing race menu after the ENB. Installed skyrim clean, miscellaneous mods first and after everything mods for RV and RV itself last. I was all hopeful :yay:and all and boom, CTD at dragonsreach. :sadface::sadface::sadface:

So I have attached a file with my load order can you go through it and pick any obvious errors that might be the reason for the CTDs? Or should I do the long process of installing one by one to figure which ones giving me trouble?

TLDR? I'm having a CTDs when entering locations. Can you check my load order for obvious errors?

Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• Skyrim.pdf
    182.2 KB · Views: 2

maievoience

For me, when CTDs happen (which happen a lot of times since I download mods left to right lol), I usually go on Steam to verify the local files for SSE. That's the first thing I do before LOOT or xedit. Steam > Game Library > Right click on SSE > Properties > Local Files > Verify. It takes a couple of seconds or minutes depending on the amount of your files to verify, but not too long. If it says there are x files that need to reacquired, LOOT and xEdit is where I go next. Basically check conflicts between mods, make sure that my LO is in correct order to prevent further conflicts. After that, I verify again and when it says all files were verified, the game doesn't CTD every time I try to save.

NOTE: This might not be the proper way of fixing CTDs (since I'm not very well known as to how to properly fix CTDs) but I found that this method has always worked for me. Hope this helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts