• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok so wanted to make a build that specialized in crossbows, but since the best crossbow is Dwarvern I'm gonna give it a Dwarvern theme. So here we go.
Skills
Heavy armor.
My ballista has gotta be sturdy, strong and reliable. Able to take damage and stand its ground when confronted with melee attackers.
I'm gonna take all the perks on the right-hand side of this tree so I can save perks for other skills, but at higher levels I may do the other side afterwards.

Archery.
Well...duh. It goes without saying that this is a must have skill. I'd take all the perks in this and get it as high as I can, early as possible.
Take the left-hand side of the perk tree first, then maybe in later levels, take the right hand side.

Smithing.
Ok, only the Dwarven Smithing perk and the Arcane Blacksmith perk are needed for this, you can go higher if you want but, I just feel weird using a Dwarvern crossbow with any other type of armor. Also, legendary Dwarvern Crossbows are (shot per shot) the most powerful ranged weapons in the game.

Enchant.
As the ONLY weapon available for this build is going to be crossbows, I'm going to have at least 3 of them and enchant them differently, for different opponent types. Also, enchanting equipment with Fortify Archery is essential for increasing your crossbow power as high as possible. Don't forget to use this skill in conjunction with the Smithing and Alchemy skill to make them even more potent. Take all the perks up the centre of the tree then I'm gonna leave it at that, fire, frost and shock enchanter would be nice, but I'm gonna need the perks for other things.

Alchemy
What is more powerful than a legendary Dwarvern crossbow with 2 enchantments, firing enchanted bolts? Well that would have to be a legendary Dwarvern crossbow with 2 enchantments, firing POISONED enchanted bolts. This extra damage will not only up your killing efficiency, but also slow targets down, paralyze them, reduce there stamina/magicka, frenzy them and basically make the rest of there short lives, even more miserable. Plus making potions that buff your ballista with extran health, health regeneration speed and, let's not forget, Fortify Archery, to make those shots even more deadly.

I'm going to give you guys my own enchantment list, but you can decide for yourself.

Weapons
Topaz (Dwarvern crossbow) with: Shock Damage & Damage Magicka

Zircon (Dwarvern crossbow) with: Frost Damage & Damage Stanmina

Jacinth (Dwarvern crossbow) with Fire Damage & Absorb Health

Amethyst (Dwarvern crossbow) with Soul Trap & Paralyze

Fyi: Topaz, Zircon, Jacinth and Amethyst are all types of minerals.

Armor

Dwarvern Armor: Fortify Health, Resist Magic
Dwarvern Boots: Fortify Stamina, Muffle
Dwarvern Gloves: Fortify Archery, Fortify Alchemy
Dwarvern Helmet: Fortify Archery, Fortify Alchemy
Jewelry
Ring: Fortify Archery, Resist Magic
Necklace: Fortify Archery, Resist Magic

Ok, that's my opinion of what would make a good ballista. I would say keep some smithing and alchemy gear on you for upgrades and remember to bash and take enemies one by one if possible, you should be able to deal with most enemies with a single bolt and don't forget to stock up on enchanted bolts whenever your in Fort Dawnguard.

Tell me what you think guys.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts