• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

kahuld

If you've ever role played while playing skyrim, you probably came up with a backstory for your character right? I mean thats the whole purpose of why Bethesda always makes the game just "boom" there. No reasoning to why we're in skyrim. Nothing about our families etc.

So my question:

What was your favorite origin story you made up for yourself?

*warning book coming*

For me it's:

I'm a lone khajiit, my parents were merchants who traveled abroad purchasing unique items and selling and moving provinces.

One night while crossing the swamps of Argonia our caravan was ambushes by the Shadowscales. Hired by a angry blacksmith. His son had traded a sword, which was a sword handed down from generations. It was a gift from emperor Septim II. The boy received just one bottle of Sleeping Tree Sap and five bottles of Skooma to feed his addiction.

During the raid, one of the Shadowscales saw me. Snatched me from the burning cart where my parents dead bodies were aflame.

The Argonian took me home with him. He and his wife raised me as if I we're their own son. While my new father was working my mother was teaching me how to one day become a shadowscale myself.

When I was twelve years old the king found out about me. He wanted to make me an honorable shadowscale and join archon, the SS training academy. My father didn't want a life of murder for me.So we fled to Cyridil. After living in poverty for a year. My father went to work for the Dark brotherhood to make ends meet.

I was 16, my father received a contract which every member had tried to fullfil time and time again. Many died, all failed. I begged and begged for him not to go. Finally he simply hugged me and told me all would be okay.

My father never came home.. after two months of waiting a sad looking Breton knocked upon our door. She informed us of his death..

Out of anger I grabbed one of my fathers daggers and swore i would avenge his death. I begged and pleaded for the Breton to tell me who the contract was. Finally he told me... The Arenas grand champion.

So I left despite my mother sobbing behind me. I stole a horse and rode as fast as I could to the imperial city. Just before I slammed open the door to the arena a warm soft hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned to see a man smiling looking at me. Before I spoke the man cut me off.

"Don't you worry boy. My name is Cicero. Ive come to finish this once and for all. No more of our bothers shall fall under his blade" Cicero walked towards the viewing area...

In a fit of anger I marched back home to my mother. To find her laying in a pool of her own blood. While city guard swarmed me.

"You'll pay for your crimes horse thief! Your mother took her own life to protect you! Now come peacefully"

This was the last sraw. I reached up with my dagger and slit his throat and took off to my new stolen horse, and I rode. I rode and rode until my horse fell over due to exhaustion.

Just as I started walking I see two groups of men fighting. One group wearing red suits another wearing blue. Then it's blackness.

Next thing I know I wake up on a carriage with 3 other men. One gagged another speaking to me and another one crying...

And the rest is history.

fish-with-feathers

King of Trash
    For me it probably have to be the backstory of the character I'm currently playing in-game and roleplay as here in the forums.

The story goes something like this:

For nearly as long as she has been alive, Ardarume saw Altmer as the superior race of Nirn. Thus it was no surprise when the Thalmor first began organizing that she was quick to join their ranks, holding their values close. Though originally just an average mage she soon found herself performing many twisted acts for her new benefactors...and enjoying it. It was this twisted love that lead her to quickly become a master of "loosening lips" and raise through the ranks to the position of High Inquisitor.

Free to indulge her warped obsession, she held her seat of power with great pride. However not all was well, as certain political factions among her peers deemed her uncontrollable and thus a threat. As such they accused her of betraying the cause and had her stripped of her position, placing one of their own in seat she once held.

Locked away deep in the hold of the torture hall she once ruled, Ardarume underwent unimaginable pain and humiliation at the hand of her replacement. Using spells of their own creation, her usurper stripped her of her spells, washing years of learning from her mind, believing it would render her harmless. They were wrong, for as she lay rotting in her cell Ardarume's mind was whirling like a machine, plotting and waiting for the right time to act.

When that day finally came she broke herself free and made her way to her former office, fiery vengeance burning in her heart. Bursting into the room, she and her usurper fought a brutal battle, finally ending with Ardarume smashing her foes head into the desk over and over. She then took what supplies she could find and fled so she could tend to her wounds and plan her next steps. Stowing away on a boat, she fled across the mainlands, agents of her foes hot on her heels.

Her luck finally ran out once more as she attempted to cross into Skyrim, hoping to hide among the chaos of the civil war. Loaded onto a cart with rebels and crooks, she was to be beheaded in Helgen. However before the axe could drop on her neck, a great beast, black and terrible appeared, causing her to witness power beyond her wildest dreams. Power with which she could make all her foes pay if obtained!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts