• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Well, I am back. I finally succumbed and bought Skyrim SE and an Xbox One. While the enhanced graphics are okay, it is the mods that I am loving. However, being able to have a random start really changed the early game. I hadn't really appreciated how much hand-holding there was: getting out of Helgen provides you with lots of arms/armor/goodies, Faendal provides a follower and training if you cheat, learn to smith, magical robes, early access to carts for travel etc. Now, shipwrecked off the coast, with almost no assets, I am feeling far more challenged.
While I am still in early days I am also impressed by the look of some of the larger mods available. So far I have only seen the effect of the Cutting Room Floor, with a variety of new places and items showing up. In time I will get around to the Forgotten City and other DLC-like mods.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Well, I am back. I finally succumbed and bought Skyrim SE and an Xbox One. While the enhanced graphics are okay, it is the mods that I am loving. However, being able to have a random start really changed the early game. I hadn't really appreciated how much hand-holding there was: getting out of Helgen provides you with lots of arms/armor/goodies, Faendal provides a follower and training if you cheat, learn to smith, magical robes, early access to carts for travel etc. Now, shipwrecked off the coast, with almost no assets, I am feeling far more challenged.
While I am still in early days I am also impressed by the look of some of the larger mods available. So far I have only seen the effect of the Cutting Room Floor, with a variety of new places and items showing up. In time I will get around to the Forgotten City and other DLC-like mods.

I used the same start for my current char. Stumbling around Dawnstar trying to figure out how to get to Helgen without getting killed was pretty entertaining. The problem I found was that, by the time I got there, I was a bit over leveled. I'm still having fun, though/ Hope you are, too.

Best.

Mwhals

How does the dragon quests start with the alternate start mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Gowsh

Old Fart
How does the dragon quests start with the alternate start mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
You get a quest to travel to Helgen, There, you get an abbreviated run though the caverns, after the dragon destroyed the town. Not the flashiness of the original, but how many times can you endure that carriage ride?

Best.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I like the sound of this. Still have yet to purchase my new console, though by and by it seems I'll be "selling my soul to Microsoft."

Welcome back :beermug:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts