PC Back after two years with a few noobish qestions...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tomaja

Hi all again,

It's been two years sine I quit mostly because I started to hate the look of the tooon I chose - elf. I realized too late race did not matter at all and I should have gone for the looks not the abilities...well maybe saide form this elvish 50% fire res but...

I am back with a vengance :)

Dead set on an assassin / thief; no magic; strong support from alchemy - i can remember I loved it especially with a few points in alchemy and some +%alchemy masks and jewelllery :)

Back to the issue at hand:

I remember I did some quest that I should not have done that brough about dragons all over the place and at low levels these dragons really complicated tthings for me.

What can I do / What I should not do to avoid spawning all thoses dragons early on?

Cheers guys!

tomaja

Thank you!

This was really fast - which is why this used to (and still is) my favourite Skyrim forum! You do not have to wait days for an answer...

Btw, I will start a new toon tonight and power level my sneak in the cave just at the begnign of the game - the cave with a bear :)

And one more thing - In the very beginning you can follow either of two guys (iirc an imperial or a stormcloak) - is there any REAL difference in who I follow? I want to join Stormcloaks later on.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
There is no difference of who you follow.
You can chose to go with Ralof, and then join Imperials, then Hadvar will appear in Imperial ranks, Ralof will dissapear. And vica-versa.

stillyd

You can follow the main story line up to the quest Blade in the Dark. That's the quest where you follow Delphine to Kynesgrove and watch Alduin summon a dragon.
As long as you don't finish that quest you will encounter dragons rarely. The nice thing about this is you still get the full unrelenting force shout and if used in certain tricky
ways, is the most powerful shout in the game. Also if you want to unlock more shouts, you can always hunt down dragons who live on mountain peaks.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
The only difference between the two is money and freebies you can get. If you follow Ralof, you'll be able to get a bunch of the expensive Imperial Armor, and then you'll be able to take most of what you find in Gerder's house. If you follow Hadvar, you'll have to make do with a bunch of inexpensive Stormcloak gear, but you'll get to take a lot of free blacksmithing items from Alvor's home.

tomaja

Thanks guys!

I am already rolling with my Assassin, this time I am going pure health/stamina; no magic. Double daggers, with a bow; sneaking whenever and wherever possible :) Strong emphasis on alchemy. Hence a few more questions:

1. first - sneak - 1 point in stealth; backstab, deadly aim, assassin aim
next - 1H - armsman 1 point
next - archery - overdraw 1 point
This shall constitute tha basis; 1st stage of development. But where to go next - light armour, alchemy (I can still remember how increadible it was...)? Not sure about smithing and enchanting. or go and max sneak, 1h and archery?

2. limited carrying capacity already got to me big time :/ Extra pocket are worth it? I hate constantly thowing away staff...

3. Health to stamina ratio? I want to take stamina to 200 (I like round numbers) and rest hit points. Basicaly I think it will be helth, stamina, health, stamina etc untill stamina hits 200.

4. what about speech and pickpocket? posion and merchant looks tempting, and merchant looks loke a good utility skill.

cheers!

stillyd

Sounds like a fun build and it has a very solid framework. I would say light armor (or any armor for that matter) is a must. Unless this is a stealth or die build. The health to stamina ratio is pretty much what a lot of my builds are and It works quite well. From my experience speech and pickpocket are a waste of perks. Especially speech. Early on money is so scarce and then all of a sudden, around level 23 or so, you magically don't have to worry about it anymore.

The deep pockets one though can be nice. If I remember right you only need to burn 3 perks to get it. One trick for leveling pickpocket is once you've joined the thieves guild there is a trainer in the
cistern named viper. Pay for the 5 levels of training, hit him with full unrelenting force, then, when he is laying on the ground, go into sneak and pickpocket your money back. He wont retaliate.

Side note, if you do join the thieves guild (with this build I imagine you will), fail the first task given to you, just go into the Bee and Barb or something. There is no point having a general goods store
owner(Brand Shei) taken away from the courtyard. You can still join the guild, and Riften becomes the best place to sell goods, four stores right next to each other with no load times.

tomaja

And how much do you think i shall (power) level before starting the game as such, beating the stormcloak guy in the cave with a bear?

Sneak and 1h so that i can hit lets say clvl 10ish , just to get assassin aim and one point in each starting perk of : archery, 1h, light armour, alchemy and pickpocket.

stillyd

Not exactly sure what your asking on the first question, but as for the second part, looks like you have a great plan in place. One of my usual habits is to take turns between offensive
and defensive perks. In your case sneak (defensive) then 1h (offensive), then archery, then light armor, etc. etc.

Out of curiosity what standing stone this character use?

tomaja

Ok - in the beginning its gonna b thief stone. Later - i am still on the fence: lady, lover or steed. but im beginning to lean towards lady or stead in that order. And for levelling purposes at times lover.

Now the first part - at the very beginning of the game right after toon creation u rscape from a dragon attack and save your head. You can follow either emperial or stormcloak guy. I follow Ralof. When you enter the cave with him, right before the bear you can use him as punching / training bag for sneak and 1H. Powerlevelling these 2 skills with him like this is esdy and basically i can hit clvl 15+ with levelling sneak only to the point u can legendarize it. The question is : to what point can i take this powerlevelling process? I thought about 10 - 15 and then leave the cave and effectively start the game.

stillyd

Ah, gotcha. I am not a big fan of power leveling. It seems to make the game a little off and unbalanced. Of course it's up to you but I wouldn't recommend going beyond level 10.

Good choice on the stones, wouldn't recommend the steed stone unless your running heavy armor.

tomaja

A few years ago i started my assassin with combat and a little magic. Now its basic combat (30xsneak dmg from elven dagger on master has done wanders so far) and pickpocket / speech / lockpicking so more of a thieve then assassin but the fun for me is great this way. I joined DB and TG for fence Tonila but she cannot keep up with my stealing cash wise ;) so i will also invest in fence in speech. I stole BoW from Astrid and from tonila i got elven bow with 25 frost dmg to health and stamina :) powerlevelled light armour to 60 in a dungeon and i will see how it goes on later and grab / not grab perks accordingly. And now its time for alchemy. I will proceed to db quest to get this ring with 15% alchemy to disenchant it. I also got lucky and got soul trap sword from tonila so now i need to get a hefty amount of gems and start filling them and enchanting gear for alchemy. And i will grab greenthumb perk asap as i really like alch and potions or poisons 2 b more precise ;)

Btw, is there any trick to get unlimited alchemy ingredients from merchants, or am i confusing games...again?

Cheers!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts