• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

1BadNord

So i was at kolbjorn barrow and i saw a ring behind a metal gate, but i couldnt open the gate. So if you know how, please give me some suggestions.
Not sure if you completed this or not, but you have to get all the floor tiles lit up and the gate will open. I just did it 5 minutes ago. I tried telekenesis but I dropped the ring in the water.

Caideus

A friend is claiming that he used Telekinesis to bypass those floor puzzle and grab the ring. I haven't tried that as I don't have that spell. Has anyone tried that route?

Yeah the telekinesis spell works great bypassing whatever puzzle is on the floor. I've done this trick at least four or five times, I still can't figure out the damn puzzle. As for the ring itself, the enchantments it has are crap.

Caideus

So i was at kolbjorn barrow and i saw a ring behind a metal gate, but i couldnt open the gate. So if you know how, please give me some suggestions.

Yes, running around like a idiot is how you get the damn gate to open lol, just start at one corner and sprint up one column and down the next and repeat the process until you hear the gate opening up. If it doesn't happen just try again but I was able to get it open just like that on the first attempt.

Cheers

Dusty999999

Not sure if this would work but could you place items on the button to hold them down like in the dawnguard puzzle

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Caideus

Not sure if this would work but could you place items on the button to hold them down like in the dawnguard puzzle

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I really have no idea but I do know that having a companion with you doesn't help, the tiles don't even acknowledge there steps. Well, I didn't actually have a follower per say, but a dead thrall following me around

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
A friend is claiming that he used Telekinesis to bypass those floor puzzle and grab the ring. I haven't tried that as I don't have that spell. Has anyone tried that route?

Yeah the telekinesis spell works great bypassing whatever puzzle is on the floor. I've done this trick at least four or five times, I still can't figure out the damn puzzle. As for the ring itself, the enchantments it has are crap.

Lol... Ignite is crap... ok.

It's the only ring I'll wear on legendary difficulty. Right now my current build has Augmented Flames 2/2 and Intense Flames along with Aspect of Terror in the Illusion tree, which pushes the damage of Ignite to 21 per second for 15 seconds. With only Apprentice perked in Destruction, that's 315 damage total for 15 Magicka. That's significant. Far from crap. Plus it stacks and none of my math took into account Dual Casting.

Pepe Le Pew

To Adam Warlock:

LMAO: Here it is, December and ("DUHHH"), I just now caught on to what you meant when you said:

"Good luck on getting that gate open , I finally just gave up on it.

You should do better . As your namesake says , " I am ze locksmith of love , no ?"

Skyrim is a way of life . - Morgan Webb
Adam Warlock, Feb 26, 2013 "

I just re-read this today and I laughed so bad when I realized what you said there. Okay, I'm a bit slow by several months, but at least I FINALLY got it!! (Should I even be admitting to being this dunce? lol)

Caideus

It's the only ring I'll wear on legendary difficulty. Right now my current build has Augmented Flames 2/2 and Intense Flames along with Aspect of Terror in the Illusion tree, which pushes the damage of Ignite to 21 per second for 15 seconds. With only Apprentice perked in Destruction, that's 315 damage total for 15 Magicka. That's significant. Far from crap. Plus it stacks and none of my math took into account Dual Casting.

Yea, with I have found, Flames is far more effective then Ignite. I also don't understand how you got 21PTS per second when I have 16PTS per second, I have 2/2 in Aug. Flames and Intense Flame, with Aspect of Terror.

LotusEater

Yea, with I have found, Flames is far more effective then Ignite. I also don't understand how you got 21PTS per second when I have 16PTS per second, I have 2/2 in Aug. Flames and Intense Flame, with Aspect of Terror.

Dunno, but right now I'm doing 21 points per for Ignite and 27 per for Flames. The only problem with Flames is the range. Most archers, most mages and all dragons are pretty much always out of range. Ignite has comparable damage output and can be shot long distance. Not to mention it's 'fire and forget', whereas Flames is a spray. I just don't see how Flames can be considered "far more effective", but to each their own I suppose.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Dunno, but right now I'm doing 21 points per for Ignite and 27 per for Flames. The only problem with Flames is the range. Most archers, most mages and all dragons are pretty much always out of range. Ignite has comparable damage output and can be shot long distance. Not to mention it's 'fire and forget', whereas Flames is a spray. I just don't see how Flames can be considered "far more effective", but to each their own I suppose.
I luv flames. I'll have to try this. I have a tendency to run up to my opponents (except dragons, of course) and hack away and flames really helps that. Let's see flames 8/sec, 2/2 + 50% = 8+4=12, + dual = 12 +12 = 24? Am I wrong, is dual at 1.5? At 375% regen on magicka I could probably take out 1/2 a town in just a few minutes!

Caideus

The ring is actually better then I had originally given it credit for, LotusEater is right

LotusEater

The ring is actually better then I had originally given it credit for, LotusEater is right

The only thing I like more than that ring is my brokenass, zero Shout cool-down Amulet of Talos. Nothing better than having Shout Combos. Slow Time>>>Cyclone>>>Unrelenting Force is my favorite till I gather more. Light em up with Ignite and they look like meteors flying through the sky. You can launch a Giant straight up using that combo. REVENGE!

Caideus

The only thing I like more than that ring is my brokenass, zero Shout cool-down Amulet of Talos. Nothing better than having Shout Combos. Slow Time>>>Cyclone>>>Unrelenting Force is my favorite till I gather more. Light em up with Ignite and they look like meteors flying through the sky. You can launch a Giant straight up using that combo. REVENGE!

I am going to have fun with this! MUWHAHAHA

:D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts