• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

edge

So i was at kolbjorn barrow and i saw a ring behind a metal gate, but i couldnt open the gate. So if you know how, please give me some suggestions.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I saw that too. I tried pulling any levers and stuff I found and it didn't open. I know there is a lever outside that has a puzzle lock, and I don't know where the answer is :/

raven63

The floor panel you need them all on at one time

Pepe Le Pew

I'm a bit confused. I think I may have done something wrong because I've walked and walked all over the tiles.

I'm pretty sure they were all on at the same time, but not completely sure. I'm a bit dyslexic, so it's really hard for me to run all over the tiles and look to make sure they're all on at once. Will it help if I get my follower (Lydia) to follow me, to keep them lit up?

I also noticed one tile looks sort of purple and the rest blue: is there anything to that?

I tried walking/running in different patterns. I RAN, jumped, hopped and did everything I could think of, except backward flips. I finally got angry and did an "Unrelenting Force" shout on the gate and blew the ring away! I've spent at least two hours straight just on this one part. With my luck, I'll finally get the gate open and won't be able to find out where I blew the ring to!

I appreciate any help because I am really going nuts trying to get that ring. I have the other Ahzidal things, just not the ring. I know I don't NEED the ring, but it would be nice if I could just open that gate. I may even start the whole quest over, but that's a lot of lost time.

By the way, I'm really new and I couldn't find the spell check, which is probably right in front of my face. I just couldn't find it. Is there one here?

Adam Warlock

Position self off corner of tile grid when no tiles lighted.
Use Slow Time shout if you have it.
Quickly walk the rows of tiles touching each tile ONLY ONCE.(no follower`s help)
All tiles should be same color

This is how it`s SUPPOSED to be done but I`m like you and haven`t been able to do it after multiple tries.

Pepe Le Pew

Position self off corner of tile grid when no tiles lighted.
Use Slow Time shout if you have it.
Quickly walk the rows of tiles touching each tile ONLY ONCE.(no follower`s help)
All tiles should be same color

This is how it`s SUPPOSED to be done but I`m like you and haven`t been able to do it after multiple tries.

This is my first time using the reply so I hope I did this right. I don't have the slow time shout so I guess I'll back up before the quest, do whatever it takes to get the slow time shout and try it with that. I did run as fast as I could and covered all the squares, but maybe I'm not fast enough. I even got so desperate that I dragged all of the dead bodies nearby onto the squares. Then I dragged all of the stuff laying around, like pots, bows, etc. and put them on the squares too. I thought it would help, but then when I tried to run, I kept kicking the pots so I gave up. Hopefully when I get my slow time shout it will help, but I'm thinking it may be a bug.

I'm wondering what I did wrong that I didn't have a slow time shout because I've replayed the game a few times and I didn't realize it until just now, but I never did get ALL of the shouts. Sometimes it wouldn't let me because it said I needed dragon souls, yet I had SEVERAL dragon souls, but I'm slow so it will take some time. Thank you for your help.

Adam Warlock

This is my first time using the reply so I hope I did this right. I don't have the slow time shout so I guess I'll back up before the quest, do whatever it takes to get the slow time shout and try it with that. I did run as fast as I could and covered all the squares, but maybe I'm not fast enough. I even got so desperate that I dragged all of the dead bodies nearby onto the squares. Then I dragged all of the stuff laying around, like pots, bows, etc. and put them on the squares too. I thought it would help, but then when I tried to run, I kept kicking the pots so I gave up. Hopefully when I get my slow time shout it will help, but I'm thinking it may be a bug.

I'm wondering what I did wrong that I didn't have a slow time shout because I've replayed the game a few times and I didn't realize it until just now, but I never did get ALL of the shouts. Sometimes it wouldn't let me because it said I needed dragon souls, yet I had SEVERAL dragon souls, but I'm slow so it will take some time. Thank you for your help.
Good luck on getting that gate open , I finally just gave up on it.

You should do better . As your namesake says , " I am ze locksmith of love , no ?"

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Good luck on getting that gate open , I finally just gave up on it.

You should do better . As your namesake says , " I am ze locksmith of love , no ?"

I finally gave up on it too. I tried and I was like, "F*** this, all over a silly little ring?!" and walked the hell out of there all angry lol. But I was not about to waste my time over something that small :sadface:

Adam Warlock

As far as the Ring of Arcana itself , the enchants are just variations of typical fire/frost spells that most players will already have unless they are a complete warrior build.
I would think it better to use that equipment enchant slot(s) in another way.

You can still get 4 other of Ahzidal`s pieces without the Arcana ring if the "equip 4 and get boost to your enchanting" power is what you seek.

Must admit to loving my floaty boots tho

Clau

The Fateless One
A friend is claiming that he used Telekinesis to bypass those floor puzzle and grab the ring. I haven't tried that as I don't have that spell. Has anyone tried that route?

KattSand

Premium Member
That part seems to be bugged for me, I got it to work just fine on xbox by sprinting over all the tiles so they lit up, but on PC I just couldn't get it to work so I console commanded my way through that gate using the TCL command :D Imo, the ring isn't that awesome anyways so it's not one is missing out on some super sweet item if one can't get that gate to open.

Pepe Le Pew

I thought of telekinesis too, but I don't have it. I finally went back to try and get slowtime shout, and then I got stuck between two boulders and fell asleep (in real life). When I woke up I was dead and spinning (in the game, lol). It's not the ring that bugs me, it's getting the gate to open. It has to be a glitch. Thanks for all of the info. I haven't given up yet. I just need to get the timeslow and maybe even the telekinesis. I hate leaving something undone, but if those two spells don't work then I will give up. Thank you again. (If I were really a skunk, I could turn and spray the ring, but I already blew it off of the thing it was on with my shout).

A friend is claiming that he used Telekinesis to bypass those floor puzzle and grab the ring. I haven't tried that as I don't have that spell. Has anyone tried that route?
I play a mage character and used telekinesis. It worked perfectly but that is the only use I had for it in the WHOLE GAME. Tolfdir(alteration spell guy in the college of winterhold) sells it and you can find it inside the labyrinthian.

MrDSL

My first run through I tried telekinesis and it ended up in the water and I never found it..So I must suck at using telekinesis.

Odd - I've done this quest with three characters and haven't had any issues with getting the door open. o_O
If you rush it while the Draugr are still running around, possibly with a follower, and summons, then there's a possibility that all the pressure plates are triggered by the melee.

Pepe Le Pew

I am happy to announce that I FINALLY got that gate to open, and I got my ring. THIS TIME, I did NOT kill (I forgot his name, the one who kept taking all of my gold for his expedition). The past few times, I did kill him. In fact, I was SO MAD at him for taking all of my gold, that I told him it was okay, then shot an arrow in his back on the way out!

I don't know what I did differently, because even though I went all the way back to get the time slow shout, by the time I got back to the dungeon, I realized that it wasn't working, so I just ran in circles and when I stopped, the gate was open. I hope that helps, but I doubt that it worked just because I didn't kill him, but it's worth a try if you are as persistant as I am.

I also learned a *NEW* thing today: how to unlock dragon souls! I just wish I had found this out a LONG time ago, lol. Better late than never! So, now I have several *new* shouts to use and I'm a happy, dancing little skunk, doing flips all over the house!!

Adam Warlock

By Talos , this ring is the Khajiit`s meow !
Finally got mine out with Telekinesis.

Gave it to Ralis Sedarys to wear and he became a total beast in battle with it even though he never casts Freeze.
Check out his deep magicka pool and destruction perks here.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Ralis_Sedarys

Hard to say why Ralis has no spells of his own but now he sets his foes on fire with Ignite, then chops them up with his dual-wield blades !

Ahzidal`s Ring of Arcana also effective in improving the fighting style of other followers like Aranea Ienith , Erandur , or even Athis of the Companions(with extra magicka on gear).

A great artifact !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts