• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
We are looking for content in the form of articles about the Skyrim experience. They need to be well written (proofreading help is offered) and with a specific point of view and interest in mind. These are not just general forum posts, they will be showcased at this page (which will soon be the home-page of our forums).

If you are interested in joining a writing team, coming up with topic ideas and creating signature content for SkyrimForums, please post below on what kind of things you'll write and send a message to Rayven and Renegader by clicking here.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I would like in. I also posted a convo.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Articles, like stories? Fan Fiction stories or just ones about YOUR skyrim experience?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Think of it like a magazine article. If the forums were Skyrim Magazine, what kind of content would you want to read? I think there will be the occasional fan fic but it would have to be in short story format or else a teaser to the rest of the content already posted in the fanfic section.

I think a series on "The Ultimate: <Build or Concept>" might be a good entry, for example. We have a ton of build conversations so people are interested in that. That sort of series can be expanded in many directions depending on the authors and interest.

I also think that the personal experience of the members is a good thing to have here. Not In Character stuff, necessarily. That's more like the blog. I think articles on the game mechanics would be very interesting. Since the Creation Kit is out, I'd also like to see some tutorials on various aspects pertaining to that as people dive into it.

I think there's more than enough room for opinion pieces as well, perhaps pitting one build against another or comparing storyline choices and such.

Beran

Official Writing Team
I'm interested, and would do things like Builds and my own thoughts on Skyrim & it's mechanics etc.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
No, I believe it to be better than just submitting your tutorial or guide, they would have to be more reader friendly. A magazine type article with more narrative and newbie friendly guide as it is implied that this would be front page. More research, and description. And because its front page it should included linked examples of other related work here in the forum, from funny stories, to other guides, to active debates, and etc. Sort of a breakdown on the subject as discussed here in the forums.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
So basically, just submit our best guides or tutorials?

You are welcome to submit work you've already done for guides but as it was stated above, there will be some tweaking done. Also, I don't think we're looking for the 'glitch guides'. For some guides, it will be appropriate to add charts, graphics and other art to emphasize the points made in the article too. Rather than the work being presented in a thread post format, think of it more in terms of a web page. I haven't yet played with the fully installed portal but what I'm hoping is that we can format the content to spread it out and have it just as illustrative with graphics as we are with words. If writers want to work in pairs or groups, that's fine too. The submissions will have to go through an approval process as well since this will turn into anchor content for the entire site.

Guides and Tutorials are a great facet of this site already and we would be absolutely remiss not to include them in what we're doing. But we want content that is different than this as well.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
I love that skyrimforum.com is taking this creative step to affirm itself as the best fan forum for TES 5: Skyrim. I think it is great when websites take their users' input and post it front and center, it helps produce more of a community feel. Sadly I do not think I can produce the quality of article required on a regular basis but I will surely be reading them!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I love that skyrimforum.com is taking this creative step to affirm itself as the best fan forum for TES 5: Skyrim. I think it is great when websites take their users' input and post it front and center, it helps produce more of a community feel. Sadly I do not think I can produce the quality of article required on a regular basis but I will surely be reading them!

Thanks for the high praise, Couthful. My hope is with many writers, no one person is going to feel burdened by this project. I also made sure to state that proofing help is offered because I know a lot of people have great ideas but perhaps not the strongest writing skills. I also know we have writers who don't design graphics and artists who don't care to write. The console player can team up with the PC player and Creation Kit folks when deep stats and screenshots are needed. I think this can be a great collaborative effort. We are willing to work with anyone with an idea to help them turn it into content. All we ask is that you bring us the idea and are willing to work with us.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Sounds like an interesting idea, something I'd definitely be interested in contributing to should an idea strike me.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
I would do interesting articles, 'out of the ordinary' things, and other things. deffinatly would like to do it Rayven

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
Sounds like a great idea! Not sure if I'll really have anything to write about - being a TES newbie and still pretty new in terms of gaming. But really look forward to this project! And I'd be happy to help with proofing and such, should whoever is organizing the project, as it were, need a hand.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Yeah, I'm in. I feel like writing a general review from the POV of somebody unfamiliar with TES games, and a parody or two.

Count me in for proof reading, I am an educated savage and can devour text all day. :)

I will be up for writing a tutorial and guide, including recommended tweaks and mods, but I want to finish the main quest first, so that'll be later.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
For the reviews, I was thinking about maybe having a series that reviewed from the perspective of a certain build. Reviews for Skyrim as a whole are all over the place. To set ourselves apart, I think maybe "Review of Skyrim as a Robe-only Mage" might be interesting, as an example. We all have our favorite playstyles and we tailor our experiences in game. There are a ton of build threads, but nothing really about going through the game as one of the builds other than 'if you do this, you kick butt' sort of comments. I think some of the folks who do the self-imposed restrictions could add to this concept as well.

brandon

i would love to help but i honestly dont think im people friendly enough. and my schedule only gives me a limited time to be here. once i get out of the army im gonna be working two weeks on two weeks off. but i would like to help when i can.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
i would love to help but i honestly dont think im people friendly enough. and my schedule only gives me a limited time to be here. once i get out of the army im gonna be working two weeks on two weeks off. but i would like to help when i can.

Thanks for your interest, brandon. Just let us know what you can do and when you can do it and we'll make sure you get to contribute.

brandon

Thanks for your interest, brandon. Just let us know what you can do and when you can do it and we'll make sure you get to contribute.
awesome right now im busy getting the freak out of the army and packing up my family to move. and in between that when i dont have much going on at work i am on here

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
We are looking for content in the form of articles about the Skyrim experience. They need to be well written (proofreading help is offered) and with a specific point of view and interest in mind. These are not just general forum posts, they will be showcased at this page (which will soon be the home-page of our forums).

If you are interested in joining a writing team, coming up with topic ideas and creating signature content for SkyrimForums, please post below on what kind of things you'll write and send a message to Rayven and Renegader by clicking here.

I would like to see a forum on the topic of Best PC's for Skyrim performance, if that has not already been done.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts