• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Also, in the Drafting Table, what does "Remodel House into Entryway" mean?

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Can you create a child's room inside a house you built? If so how? I can't find anything.

andrew9300

When you were building the West Wing of the House, there was an option for bedrooms where the children would share a room with you.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Is there a quest marker that tells you to go to the orphanage, because I saw one in a video, but when I went to the orphanage, Constance just runs around shouting "I cannot best you" and stuff like that.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I fixed it by just adopting the begging girl in Whiterun. Somehow I can't get the orphanage woman to stop hating me... :/

DeathbyDD

Where the hell do I find straw for building my house :sadface: I found everything except straw...
Straw, along with glass and horns are sold at general trader stores. That stuff isn't something you can mine, unlike clay and stone. ^_^

DeathbyDD

Hey guyz! Um, I just went over to Half Moon Mill to buy some lumber and just for kicks asked if I could cut my own lumber. Hert said 'sure thing friend! i could use a break!'. Which is interesting since every other npc I've asked that of was like 'Naw! Iz mah lumber! You pay me monies!"
So I went over and loaded up a log and pulled the lever and it sawed it in half and dropped it in the pile...but...um. Now what? Is there really a way to get around paying for the lumber if the mill owner is a friend? Or is she just messing with me? ^_^

Adam Warlock

you cut logs for fun , you take sawn logs for gold.
mill owners gotta make a living too , you know

RavenWing

I have hired a lovely bard to fill my new home with music. Great for the children. She has not as yet learned how to play "Stairway To Heaven" but i shall keep pumping her full of Skooma and will see if i can find the sheet music. Till then. Do you know "the dragonborn comes"?

stagnant94

I have hired a lovely bard to fill my new home with music. Great for the children. She has not as yet learned how to play "Stairway To Heaven" but i shall keep pumping her full of Skooma and will see if i can find the sheet music. Till then. Do you know "the dragonborn comes"?
there must be a mod. there must be a mod. if there isn't, SOMEONE MAKE A GODDAMN MOD

Wicked

yes , all crafting stations are available without necessarily choosing a special wing for it. don`t need wings at all if u like because alchemy and enchanting tables can be placed in main hall and full smithing stations with smelter can be installed outside or in the cellar(or both).

Attacks randomly occur when you are at your home but I`ve never seen evidence of anything happening while you`re away.
Livestock is a primary target for your enemies and so far I have lost 2 horses , 2 chickens , and a cow to a giant , a dragon , and a couple of bandits(2 homes)

Best location ?
All the new country houses are out in the sticks and walking to market(s) not very practical.
Falkreath , Morthal , and Dawnstar don`t offer everything at one location like the walled cities do.
If you don`t fast-travel , I`d pick Heljarchen because it`s on the extreme southern edge of the Pale and within view(distant) of Whiterun
I married a mage and geared him up good, Lydia is my steward and she is geared up fantastic...Also Shadowmere in the yard.....nothing stands a chance...dragons only come when Im around i believe...i even have Daedric daggers on the kids....after i lost my chickens to the first batch of bandits i said "this is bull**ops" and armed everyone to the teeth....Now when i come out the door i get to pick through the carcasses littering the yard...they seem to hold their own when im gone

M. Nicodemus

Hi, I stumbled into this article and it said that your adopted children could have pets?

Feature: Skyrim Hearthfire guide: 7 essential tips and secrets (Page 3) - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

What kind of animals do they want to keep as pets?

I had a dog follower (bought from a guy outside of Markarth) and when I walked into my house one of the kids came up to me and asked if she could keep it as a pet. Now, whenever I tell the dog to go home he goes and hangs out with the kids. I don't know about any other animals.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts