• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

So I have like 250+ hours into the game now on my first playthrough and for the first time .. ever .. a fox ran up to me and attacked me. It was unprovoked. Anyone else had this happen? Really odd as foxes always just run away from my experience.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I think it only happened to me once. Obviously a misunderstanding. I recently watched some hunters shooting at deer, one of the deer attacked back! So maybe the fox was just running away from some hunters.

I've been using a mod for a while now that pacifies animals towards the player, as I got bored of having to stop every 5 minutes to kill a pestering wolf/mudcrab.... Makes a few quests a bit too easy though.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
So I have like 250+ hours into the game now on my first playthrough and for the first time .. ever .. a fox ran up to me and attacked me. It was unprovoked. Anyone else had this happen? Really odd as foxes always just run away from my experience.
For your sake I hope it was because of a Spriggan because if it isn't it could be an early sign of a rather nasty bug where everything normally peaceful to you becomes hostile (guards, villagers, deer, elk, foxes etc.).

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's a known but fairly rare bug. I've never read any solution for it (at least none that I could comprehend - there was one solution I read about somewhere that supposedly linked it to a particular follower you had to re-recruit but it made no sense to me because it was missing a lot of context).

Ironclad

Yeh, Spriggans. I've been attacked by deer and goats who seem to have a faint green glow. I assume they are influenced by the Sprigs. Maybe the smaller fox didn't exhibit the green so well?

BIGwooly

Yeh, Spriggans. I've been attacked by deer and goats who seem to have a faint green glow. I assume they are influenced by the Sprigs. Maybe the smaller fox didn't exhibit the green so well?

Dude, now that you mention it, I think it did have a faint glow to it. I'll bet you're right about the spriggan.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I've had this happen a few times, too. It's them Sprigguns I tells ye! This has made me jumpy around foxes and at the very least suspicious around goats. :p

Halkin

pzzzztt
i've had random wildlife (rabbits, deer etc) go on the offensive but only once, a relog sorted it. while it was going on all and any wildlife in view distance would want a piece

XbSuper

Never had this happen to me. I have however seen a deer try to fight a dragon, I say try because the fight lasted about 5 seconds before the dragon torched the deer. Then I went in, slayed the dragon and had a nice meal of charred venison.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
While riding Shadowmere, a fox came right at us and ran along the horse's side, keeping pace until I hit the turbo boost and Shadowmere left the fox in the dust. No pesky Spriggans in sight either. Go figure.

KITTEH

Khajiit
I found a dead spriggan with a green troll and a green saber cat and I just died of laughter

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts