• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
What are the benefits to using one over the other? I was considering making a Death Knight of sorts, and thus might just go down the zombie line of summons. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just far and away worse than the atronach line. I know that atronachs give elemental damage. What are some benefits of using zombies, or permanent zombie thralls? Also, do the dremora lord thralls count as atronachs as far as perks are concerned?

Elvus

to have a good zombie,you have to have the dead body of someone who was strong. Personally I like atronachs better but a good dead thrall is awesome for storing your stuff as long as they dont get re-killed and then you lose your thrall plus whatever it was carrying unless you can find their corpse again,which isn't always easy,Lol.

You can perpetually resummon zombie thralls though, right? Is it only the non-permanent summons that turn to ash?

Elvus

Oh yeah you can re-animate a thrall as many times as you want,I just like my storm,frost and fire atronachs better because they're more consistent.

Elvus

BUT if you can get your hands on the corpse of a vampire master or other powerful NPC you can have a very Undead-ly (see what I did thar ;)) companion. I just find it easier to conjure up my atronachs.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I'm all about the Atronachs. Just got the Storm one; it's hilarious fun.

I think atronachs are good if you want a reliable minion for a specific purpose (ranged / tanking), whereas zombies are potentially more or less powerful depending on the target.

Jaeger

BUT if you can get your hands on the corpse of a vampire master or other powerful NPC you can have a very Undead-ly (see what I did thar ;)) companion. I just find it easier to conjure up my atronachs.

And you can give them items, like staffs. Staffs of summoning, anybody. Not only do you have 2 dead thralls (with twin souls) that are very capable but they also carry summoning staffs to bring in the atronachs. BADA-BOOM. You, follower (that cannibal girl in Marketh; who summons), 2 dead thralls armed with 2 summoning staffs and any other stuff you want to give them, a group of atronachs (from the summoning staffs, so probably 3), a dog (vigilance who lore wise chow down on people), shadowmere (what death knight ain't going to be riding that), and Ritual stone = kick ass undead army that any death knight commander would be proud of.

Sporting Ebony Mail, Ebony Blade, Ring of Nircine (for giggles), Amulet of Necromancy...?

And be a vampire...

Quick, somebody make a YouTube play through video...

SaveVsBedWet

What is a dead thrall? All I've seen to summon is random fools whose dental work I did "for less". those dudes only stand around until I finish the first minute of laughter, then they fall down in an ash pile. How can they carry anything?

Elvus

"Dead Thrall" is a spell you use on the corpse of an npc to reanimate them permanently or until their health runs out and they "die" but you can re-animate them again and again and again using the dead thrall spell. The other re-animate spells that are only temporary turn the corpse to ash when its duration runs out. Theres an exploit of sorts that lets you put all the items you want onto your thrall,animate them and they will carry it around without a weight limit,then when you want your stuff back you simply kill the thrall and take your stuff back. I hope I helped.:)

Grieves

Zombies are way better than antronachs, so long as you're zombie was powerful in life. Antronach's aren't all that tough even with the potency perk, and all of them but the fire antronach have a great deal of difficulty fitting through doorways and narrow cave passages, meaning they'll often prove pretty useless when moving from room to room. Zombies on the other hand have no significant pathing issues, and are far more versatile, especially the casters. Also its possible to gear out a permanent zombie, meaning you can essentially have three constant and powerfully geared out followers. Don't worry if your perma-zombie dies, so long as they aren't beheaded/vaporized, you can bring them right back to life.

The Black Rider

Atronach's are the best, depending on what your up against. For example: Fire Atronach's are the weakest Atronach, but they do work for you if you are a more melee type player (2x damage from fire)

bring Frost Atronach's to the fight if you are an archer ( they distract and weaken the target while you rain hell from above.)

Storm Atronach's (my personal Favorite) are the best for any type of fight, Ranged (powerful chain lightning attack), melee (shock wave attack).

Zombies just screw off and miss their shots. ONLY use a zombie if your thrall is a POWERFUL NPC (I killed Vilkas in the companions, he know does my bidding for all eternity.)

Kablewee

"Dead Thrall" is a spell you use on the corpse of an npc to reanimate them permanently or until their health runs out and they "die" but you can re-animate them again and again and again using the dead thrall spell. The other re-animate spells that are only temporary turn the corpse to ash when its duration runs out. Theres an exploit of sorts that lets you put all the items you want onto your thrall,animate them and they will carry it around without a weight limit,then when you want your stuff back you simply kill the thrall and take your stuff back. I hope I helped.:)
Did not know about the dead thrall, thanks Never gave it a try, just messed with the fire and frost Atronachs so far.

J'rejii-Dar

Oz'trayhliahitt
Any guide for best NPC's to Thrall? Im making a Necro-Blade (Its like a spellsword but with a different name)

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
What is a dead thrall? All I've seen to summon is random fools whose dental work I did "for less". those dudes only stand around until I finish the first minute of laughter, then they fall down in an ash pile. How can they carry anything?

DENTAL APPOINTMENT!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts