Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ritterkreuz

I had no idea this announcement was even coming. I loved AC 1 through Revelations. 3 was just way too frustrating (Stupid horse!), but one thing I did enjoy was the Naval Missions. Hopefully Ubisoft took the hint. Very excited about this one

65511_10151350358513068_81749594_n.jpg

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Man I need to play these games! I hear so many good things and haven't tried any of them.

Clau

The Fateless One
Edward Kenway!

Moving on, Ubi went full steam with the naval themes of AC3 and AC: Liberation.

Clau

The Fateless One

I hope it isn't as half-baked as AC3 felt. There is only so many people you can stabmurder before it gets boring. I'm worried about it's release though. It hasn't been all that long since AC3 came out. Yearly installments are always a bad sign.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
ITS TO EARLY!! TOOOO EARLY!! nooooooooooooooooooooooo. :eek:

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
this game looks really cool, i liked 3 but yeah it was frustrating, especially those people that had the big axes, they would really make me mad. but this game just looks epic.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
No, no yearly release guys, it's not happening so this one will be better but it's announcement was kinda early, but they going to be working on it for the next 3 years

mamali

No, no yearly release guys, it's not happening so this one will be better but it's announcement was kinda early, but they going to be working on it for the next 3 years
no way , its coming for xbox 360 and PS3 , and this is the last year of those consoles . so Ac4 is coming this year .

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
Actually it has been in the making the past two years. According to a few sources it was originally intended to be a pirate game of it's own franchise, but part-way through development was converted into an Assassins Creed game.

kyleekay

I'm still working on AC1! Arrrgh. I'm actually feeling overwhelmed that yet another AC is coming out already... I may have to stop playing Skyrim for a while and start focusing on this franchise. So many games, so little time. :rolleyes:

Panthera

Don Gato
I hope it isn't as half-baked as AC3 felt. There is only so many people you can stabmurder before it gets boring. I'm worried about it's release though. It hasn't been all that long since AC3 came out. Yearly installments are always a bad sign.
Maybe that is the reason why was AC3 half-baked... probably started doing AC4 while they were making AC3. When I start to play AC3 and come to the part where you travel to colonies with the ship I was kinda hoping it will be more of naval game. :)

Panthera

Don Gato
I'm still working on AC1! Arrrgh. I'm actually feeling overwhelmed that yet another AC is coming out already... I may have to stop playing Skyrim for a while and start focusing on this franchise. So many games, so little time. :rolleyes:
I feel the same way... I don't know with which one to start... day passes and I haven't play none at the end of a day...

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
As I have yet to play AC3, sadly. But this looks good.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I feel like the only AC fan who's just kind of 'meh' to this. Naval combat was pretty repetitive and time consuming for little reward.
I also don't really have any dimes to give about Haytham's father. Just... never interested.

I do recall someone... saying something about the modern part of the game and what I heard was true then wow, good job crapping on AC fans that pay attention to the modern part, Ubisoft.

Panthera

Don Gato

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
Very excited. I love all Assassins Creed Games. AC3 wasn't the best but still WAY awesome. I think 3's fight and movement engine would have been best used for AC1 (ya know lone wolf) and they had no relations to mercenaries or thieves and in a new world like America, they could have made MASSIVE improvements to building the brotherhood and recruiting assassins features instead it was a dud.

But AC3 has the best fight/movement engine in any Assassins Creed. Best tools and weapons too. Not that i dont like change, but "The New World" would have been the BEST and most EASILY EXPLANABLE place to fight for control like in revelations and brotherhood (Ya know the faction warfare, fight over areas to maintain dominance? i loved that) But they were hoping that the fight engine would sell the game and sadly it didnt.

My Quick Reviews:

Assassins Creed 1: Excellent for its time, brutal, magical, only gets better 9.5/10

Assassins Creed 2: Wonderful follow up game, suave, sexy, maybe a better color pallete couod have been chosen 9.5/10

Assassins Creed; Brotherhood: Another wonderful follow up, Magical color/scenery, love recruiting, customization expected but not supplied 9.5/10

Assassins Creed Revelations: ANOTHER wonderful follow up, Ezio's in game face was creepy, loved the recruiting, master assassin missions and fighting byzantines and bombs, tower defense was a dud but inspired 9.5/10

(I would have liked to seen the defense of a den just be waves of enemies along side Yusuf or another Assassin; as well when you asign a master to a den their slot becomes empty and they cant be used BUT they patrol that region helping you if near by, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EPIC)

Assassins Creed 3: Best movement and fighting in an Assassins Creed EVER, largest play area ever, (maybe too large?) Den capture was replaced with forts which sucked, renovating was replaced with homestead businesses which was also boring, lots of fun new toys and naval missions, more boarding of enemy ships, would have liked plot to be more about revolutionary war and Connor friendly with americans, sadly i felt all on my own, also all recruit abilites are bugged, game feels unfinished 8/10

Anyway theres my rant, I hope Blackflag revolves more around high up climable landscapes and recruiting assassins as well as class warfare against Templars like ACB or ACR. Any plot ideas? My theory on a plot is that Bill Miles is sent into the animus to find a piece of Eden that Edward encountered that has the ability to stop Juno. Thoughts?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts