• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
There is a colon in his name. A colon. WTF

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Kind of weird, I know. They do that a lot though.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Just beat the game. I loved the game but the ending was utter bullplops.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
AC1-- didn't really like it, but the combat has a satisfyingly real feel to it. Only reason I didn't forget AC existed was because the story at the end and outside the Animus sucked me in.
AC2-- need to replay it, but I definitely don't like how Ezio is just some kid who was thrust into a dark family secret and was mostly fueled by revenge.
Haven't played ACR or ACB yet.

AC3 though... I'm on the fence with this one. There's a lot I like but more I don't, yet I'm so enthralled with the story and ending by it.

You're right, this game does seem to have introduced a lot of new action mechanisms, but I can't say that I've seen much in the way of stealthy gameplay or new stealth techniques. This is the unfortunate path that so many developers seem to be taking these days. I can't say I'm surprised, or that I didn't expect it, but I'm still disappointed. I suppose we'll have to wait and see. It could just be that it's up to the player how to play the game, like you were given the chance to do sometimes in the previous games; assassinate by stealth like a badass Indian/Irish ninja, or roll through like a one man army of Indian/Irish infantry.

I do have to say: AC3 does seem rather action heavy. It doesn't have the feel to it that I got with AC1 and AC2. Connor is a REALLY in-your-face sort of guy, and that just isn't what I expect with AC.

I'm not all that excited about the setting in general. I'm a big history buff, so you would think I'd be all sorts of amped for the American revolutionary period, but... it's just not there for me. I've no doubt it could be cool, but I was expecting another city setting. The previous games handled the environments so well, it was breath taking to climb to the highest tower in Damascus and look around at everything. I'm really going to miss that. Trees and rocky cliffs aren't really my thing, and certainly not my idea of "grand", which is the only way I can really describe the scenes from the previous installments. This view of mine may be biased, though, as I was really, really, really hoping for another Arabian setting similar to the first Assassin's Creed, or even another Altair game. An Irish/Native American dude named Ratonhnhakéton, also known as Connor Kenway? Compare that to the cities of the ancient middle east and badasses like Altair or Ezio, it's just not doing it for me.

Took the words out of my mouth.

It doesn't help that at the end of some missions you have to head back home and then head back into a city. It will literally take ten god damn minutes just to start a new mission because of that and all the load times (assuming you use the fast travel).

The multiplayer is going to be awesome, I would imagine. With all the new combat mechanics and everything that they've shown us so far, there's no way there can't be an improvement with the online gameplay. It would have to be, unless they just royally screw this game sideways.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems that all multiplayer is is a deathmatch where you spam the attack button... Not all that great IMO. It's fun, but leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But still, the new action looks sick. Of course, I'd mention the graphics. Looks nice :] And the new animations. How he peeks around the corners for his target or when he mimics the people he's blending in with. Love it.

Though am I the only one slightly put off by Connor's jump? It seems less graceful than his predecessors, what with arms flailing about. But it's no biggie @-)

The new animations and little things like that are wonderful. I really adore them because they add some immersion. I did notice that blending wasn't explained to the player though, so I was left feeling a bit odd with it. It's very satisfying to get a cool cinematic kill, especially on more than one target.

Connor's jumping and running doesn't feel natural at all in the game. I'm not entirely sure why, but it just doesn't feel right.

But this game has been in development since the release of AC2, so they've had more time for this one than they did with AC1. So it should be at least as long as AC2.

... if that's true, then... I don't know. AC3 doesn't feel like a game that's been in such a long development time.

Hm, wonder if remaking AC1 to match Bro/Rev would be good idea. I know I'd buy it.
I would, too. I hated how repetitive and boring AC1's gameplay was, not to mention glitchy and unresponsive when fighting, but the story sucked me in.

mamali

and then suffocates him with a plastic bag. shame, if he had a tomahawk or hidden blade he could have cut his way out

i dont know if you played hitman before , but agent 47 usually has a knife , i always add it to my equipment when i want to start a mission in hitman .

i dont know if you played hitman before , but agent 47 usually has a knife , i always add it to my equipment when i want to start a mission in hitman .
Can we maybe, I dunno, not devolve into a pointless flamewar where we argue about personal preference?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
AC1-- didn't really like it, but the combat has a satisfyingly real feel to it. Only reason I didn't forget AC existed was because the story at the end and outside the Animus sucked me in.
AC2-- need to replay it, but I definitely don't like how Ezio is just some kid who was thrust into a dark family secret and was mostly fueled by revenge.
Haven't played ACR or ACB yet.

I found Brotherhood to be incredibly fun, but Revelations... eh...

It really felt like a step back for me. Basically like going back to AC1 with constantinople.

The story was good from what I remember, but the gameplay didn't really suck me in.

stagnant94

yeah, but he doesn't get to cut it with a tomahawk does he? hmm? didn't see that one coming did ya?

nah i'm rolling with you. i've played blood money and it was one of my favourite game's. i just prefer the assassins creed franchise

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I found Brotherhood to be incredibly fun, but Revelations... eh...

It really felt like a step back for me. Basically like going back to AC1 with constantinople.

The story was good from what I remember, but the gameplay didn't really suck me in.

I play these games for the story, so I suppose that doesn't matter too much.

Ritterkreuz

Ok, time for my two cents here. Prepare for a rant.

This is by far the must difficult game I've ever played. I mean, I get challenging and difficult, but this game at times is just outright stressful and frustrating. In fact, I'm now up to a mission involving Sullivan's Expedition, and I just can't do it. In the missions you have to stop a total of 5 messengers before they reach a certain destination. I get 4 of them but I can't even come close to catching the last one, let alone killing him. The closest I've ever gotten is 42 meters away, then he just pulls away and it's mission failed. The missions is just flat out too hard for me to do and I fear I will progress no farther in the game.

Ironically, the land I grew up on was in real life cleared by Sullivan's Expedition. Maybe this mission is some sort of Iroquois revenge.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Ok, time for my two cents here. Prepare for a rant.

This is by far the must difficult game I've ever played. I mean, I get challenging and difficult, but this game at times is just outright stressful and frustrating. In fact, I'm now up to a mission involving Sullivan's Expedition, and I just can't do it. In the missions you have to stop a total of 5 messengers before they reach a certain destination. I get 4 of them but I can't even come close to catching the last one, let alone killing him. The closest I've ever gotten is 42 meters away, then he just pulls away and it's mission failed. The missions is just flat out too hard for me to do and I fear I will progress no farther in the game.

Ironically, the land I grew up on was in real life cleared by Sullivan's Expedition. Maybe this mission is some sort of Iroquois revenge.

That mission was really annoying. Took me several tries. What I did was, on the first guy sitting by his horse, I just shot him. For the 3 (or 4?) guys on horses, I just horse-hopped and continued on. The trick for the last guy is just to get as close as possible and just shoot him. What you don't want to do is cut through the forest for the last guy. Horses in this game hate trees and refuse to go within 5 feet of them.

But yeah, I agree. Especially the chase missions. I just about threw my controller through the wall on the Hickey chase.

Ritterkreuz

That mission was really annoying. Took me several tries. What I did was, on the first guy sitting by his horse, I just shot him. For the 3 (or 4?) guys on horses, I just horse-hopped and continued on. The trick for the last guy is just to get as close as possible and just shoot him. What you don't want to do is cut through the forest for the last guy. Horses in this game hate trees and refuse to go within 5 feet of them.

But yeah, I agree. Especially the chase missions. I just about threw my controller through the wall on the Hickey chase.

I tried for over an hour, I've stuck to the trail, cut through the forest, everything. 42 meters, too far for any sort of shot, is as close as I've ever gotten, then his horse kicks into overdrive, or mine stops because a leaf blew across the path and that's it.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Honestly, the only reason I find any difficulty in it is shoddy programming/layout. Like, chasing Lee took a dozen or so tries because of how damned glitchy the burning building was, and the lack of a difference between run and free running.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Honestly, the only reason I find any difficulty in it is shoddy programming/layout. Like, chasing Lee took a dozen or so tries because of how damned glitchy the burning building was, and the lack of a difference between run and free running.

That burning building was terrible.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
As a whole, I think the AC series is really top tier all the way through. I found AC1 to be very repetetve, but it had so much style and scope that I still liked it. AC2 was a huge upgrade over the first game, and that game was amazing. ACB felt like a highly upgraded and refined version of AC2 with TONS of new content and some new features added, and so far ACB has been my favorite game. ACR was still very good, and I think it was less of an AC game and more of a farewell letter to Ezio and Altair, which felt very bittersweet, but great because it made me realize that the developers really care about their characters.

I still have to wait 2 days for AC3, but from what I've seen its pretty good. The only thing I am not looking forward too is how humorless and black/white the main character is, which I'm really not a fan of in any story, especially in an AC game where having gray morality is almost necessary for characters.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
As a whole, I think the AC series is really top tier all the way through. I found AC1 to be very repetetve, but it had so much style and scope that I still liked it. AC2 was a huge upgrade over the first game, and that game was amazing. ACB felt like a highly upgraded and refined version of AC2 with TONS of new content and some new features added, and so far ACB has been my favorite game. ACR was still very good, and I think it was less of an AC game and more of a farewell letter to Ezio and Altair, which felt very bittersweet, but great because it made me realize that the developers really care about their characters.

I still have to wait 2 days for AC3, but from what I've seen its pretty good. The only thing I am not looking forward too is how humorless and black/white the main character is, which I'm really not a fan of in any story, especially in an AC game where having gray morality is almost necessary for characters.

I'm not sure how I feel about Connor. On one hand, he's an emotionless robot with a monotone voice. On the other hand, he's a badass and his argument with Achilles about halfway through the game is hilarious.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
IGN gave it an incredibly low score, 8.5.

They also gave Mafia 2 a 7. Seriously? Both games were complete works of art. Then the yearly dose of CoD comes around and it gets a 9.2. Either they're bribed by Activision or they have no taste in games. That's why ratings don't mean plops anymore.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts