• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    バランスの求職者
    Seekers of Balance
    Members are: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The letter only said meet a new partner at the Silver Blood Inn.
    The stamps in the wax though were both the Knights of Nine and Blades seals. So Bruynzeel, is to meet a Knight of the Nine paladin for a adventure that he hoped wasn't like his last partner.

What was that now... sometime before the cataclysm. Clevenger WhiteBlade, stuck up, stick up his ass, unable to live in the moment... But when combat came down he was the end all be all of knights. Pity he passed, and not as a warrior but a aged and happy smithy and farmer. Even with a limp he could plow a field, rows straight as arrows, his attention to detail and pride in workmanship transferring to his fields. Sure the skill would be appreciated but there is a lot to be said for the intuition of a situation with a touch of fun.

So here he is on the trail again headed from his Manor house southeast of Solitude on the quiet coast of the bay, where the hunting is good. With a limp of his own now Headed to Markarth again....

The story premise is like Warehouse 13, from the Sy-Fy channel. a small group of people charged with retrieving items of power, and storing them away safely. Only here in Skyrim, with all Lore of TES being observed if possible. Maybe some stretching to accomodate story elements. What I am looking for is a character driven story, mixing elements of all walks of life in. The credit to the original idea and premise for this story is Gemini Sierra.. all others wishing to join in should be prepared to discuss their character ideas and give some example of writing. I will be limiting it to around 4 to 5 people. To be able to have rapid turn over of story. Please be prepared to contribute at least every 2 days. Preferably daily. I use these stories to unwind, de-stress and explore writing. Not being able to write because others aren't ... Well that adds to my stress. So If you know that you will get bored, or just not have the time to keep up then please don't apply.

Group rules:
    • 1. Have fun.
    • 2. No godding, no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.
    • 3. No profanity. No exceptions.
    • 4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for Out Of Character which is occ: And should be posted here in this OCC thread.
    • 5. if somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
    • 6. This RP will be monitored by CornerPocket as story leader will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from bandits or stuff like that. But the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.
    • 7. Only one "playable" character. you can script your own Npc's they are to be simple and only to be there to help the story. Major NPC's will be scripted by CornerPocket as leader of the thread.
    • 8. "Duels" are not allowed in this thread
    • 9. Members must check and post once every 2 days, a seven day absence puts your character as inactive. You will be parked and considered out till we can work a way to catch your character back up to the group.
    • 10. This time line will act as if the Helgen Attack and the Dragonborn questlines don't exist yet. All posts will be in TES universe Lore/skills/races.
    • 11. There are to be no one liners and all story posts should attempt to delve into your characters nature and thoughts.
    Things to come.... A name for the story. I have a few thought up just can't yet decide on a good one.

Seekers of Balance
    (Artifact Hunters)
    Chapter 1
    The Conquerers Heart
    Update (11-13-12)
    An explaination of what I am looking for in the other characters... think Samurai, each with their own skill specialty. With some of that being in personality. I am gonna be playing Bruynzeel as a experienced and logical Ronin warrior.

I think like in the show, this needs to be paired with a intuitive character, who's guesses are usually right, to my sherlock style deductions. with a perky, innocent or mischiefmaker one, A uptight and snarky from the corner one, and the two that pull our asses out of the @#$%. A healer and Tank. Or best if possible a mixture of more than one trait.

The "Guiding Hand" NPC's for this will be faceless notes from afar cause who doesn't love recieving mail.

The main focus of the story will be the character interactions with each other. Combat taking a distant 2nd. So be prepared to be interacted with. Have a good idea of what your motivations are if not a full character story type outline.

My motivation here would be to actually have a whole story start to finish happen.
    With new stories to follow episodic.

Where we get to write the book. How many chapters is up to you... :)

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    I would love to join, but then you said you couldn't be in anymore than three, but I could still post daily as most my rp's have stopped exept from three so could I join I would understand if I couldn't I just want to join so much as this rp looks so amazing!

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    I agree with Death Raider. I'm only in two RPs, so I could still join, but I don't want to limit myself.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Bruynzeels character sheet
    BruynzeelSig.png

Race: Khajiit / Ka Po'Tun
    Player type:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    standalone
    standalone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swordsman, Bard/Rogue (Lockpicking and traps but not a thief) Sings like Johnny Cash. But plays a really good flute, and has been known to pluck a decent tune on a lute.
    Looks:
    Siberian tiger like with purple eyes, light build and graceful, with a light step.
    Bio:
    • Runaway prince of a Elswyerian tribe of nomads.
    • Has a fortune in money, but was at a loss for friends. As he's been running from responsibilities a lot of his life.
    • A natural leader but afraid of governmental responsibilities
    • Loves to adventure and loyal to his friends, only in it for the glory and honor of his group. Has been a spy for the blades since they began.
    • Honorable in his dealings, with all levels of society
    • Bit of a nihilist in politics doesn't care about either the Empire or the Rebellion. Dislikes and distrusts the Thalmor
    • His velvet tongue is music to a merchants ear and he travels under the cover of being a bard. Over time that became more than a cover, its a second life for him
    Combat prefs:
    • Light restoration magic
    • Heavy into stealth
    • Expert Bowman with a custom bow enchanted with Stamina Drain and Stamina steal.
    • A skilled swordsman that uses a Akaveri Kantana with stamina drain and stamina steal
    Preferences/Skills
    • Custom Blades Style but leather armor for its lightness, ease of movement
    • Skilled like no other in Enchantments and Smithing.
    • A great cook because of a stint as a chef.
    • Very well read, Loves books and any info he can find he absorbs like cream to a kitten. Actually can be heard to purr while reading.
    • Major handicap... walks with a sever limp. but still manages full stealth.
    Born in another age, Older brother to Maiq, gifted/cursed with long life, He can be killed he has just managed never to die. In his long life has lived and done almost everything, spending sometimes decades perfecting one skill before moving on. Experienced life and death, Loss and gain. And in his personal motivations he wishes for connection to others but realizes that in any relationship that their time together will be temporary so he is hesitant but hopeful. His loves are his skill with forge and cooking. There is not much in life that Bruynzeel has not done or experienced, he is extremely well read and has a memory of almost every moment he has lived which is both a benefit and a curse. The benefit being in skills he always knows, the curse in friends and companions lost, are in his mind like it was yesterday. This power of long life is granted to him by a cursed music box that he thinks is actually helping to do something else.

Bruynzeel the real history behind the history:--------------------------------------------------

I have been a gamer since 1978 when arcades were in their start-up, and then heyday, then decline in my lifetime playing them.
    All the while computers were becoming available to the home user. But I remember weekends spent with my grandfather punching cards and stacking "stacks" of those cards. With that I was hooked I have programmed in Basic, ADA, Fortran, and Pascal... a fair knowledge of newer languages.

My Father in 1979 came home with a Timex Sinclair 1000. Something like 8k memory with a 200.00 option for a additional 8k module. Tape drive... by that I mean a audio tape drive... take about 1 hour to load a program. But that first computer was a gateway drug to my tech addiction. I played Frogger on it in black and white. Then other computers I got other games. Oregon trail, SimCity, Doom, Marathon, Diablo, Balders Gate, and my first TES game Daggerfall.
    Which is where Bruynzeel was born. I have played him as a character in every Elder Scroll game since, in one form or another. Hence the reason I pay homage to him and how he has grown since those early pixelated days.

Edited 10/1/2012

- - - - - - - - - - - - :)
    I am not trying to harp just looking for people who will stick with it and put forth a real effort and dedicate themselves to telling a great story here. If they have to leave we craft a exit that makes sence with the story and move on. I would prefer to be able for once to tell the whole story and not have it just fade away.

So I would say I would be happy to look over your other stuff. Things you've written and characters you'd like to bring. And figure out if A promise to give this a honorable dedication is enough.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Hello Shew. Glad to see you've reformed yourself.

I'm interested in this RP. I'm technically in four RP's but I'm only active in two of them (Into the Dark and To be Equal). The Arena Games has gone quiet and I've decided not to join A Daedric Reunion. You can find good examples of my writing in any of the three former RP's and I usually post every day. I check the forums several times a day and I've got e-mail alearts for all the rp's so I'm not likely to miss anything.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Simus, Your in I just want to see who you are gonna bring. And of course get the promise you will dedicate enough time to make this story great.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Story name ideas:
    Honorbound
    Honor Road
    Seekers of Balance
    Via ad honora (Road to honor in latin)

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Bump for notice... :)

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    I would be interested in joining, but I am in exactly 4 Rp's (I'm a temporary character in one RP) but currently 2 Rp's are very inactive, and I would have enough time to post everyday with ease, apart from of course if I have a valid reason for being away from this forum. So if you'll accept, I will happily post my character card now.
    For the name I vote Seekers of Balance, it has a nice tone to it, and seems to fit the story we have here very well.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Seekers of Balance.... mmm I do like it. I was really leaning to the latin. perhaps if I translated this to latin.
    Looking forward to your character sheet.

Mini Mongo

Name: Geran Dexti (Geran the scarred)
    Race: Nord
    Class: Professional undead killer.
    Title: An Ex-Bandit and sell sword
    Personality: Quiet during battles. Only talks when spoken to. Likes to stay hidden. Likes solitude. Merciless and cold hearted to his enemies. Usually cuts straight to the point.
    Apperance: Yellow eyes. Scar across his left eye. White hair and white skin. Average build. 6'2. Covered in many brutal scars all over his body.
    Clothing & Weaponary: Wears full leather armor (does not wear helmet) and a brown hood to stay hidden. Two greatswords, one steel curved great sword on his back and one silver great sword on the right to his other. Sometimes during battle he removes his hood and leather jacket, showing his scars as a sign to inflict fear.
    Bio: Born in Skyrim, Geran was raised in a bandit fort in Treva's watch. Taught how to battle since the age of 6 he was taught how to use a greatsword, kill mercilessly and resist pain. He was brought up much like the legendary spartans of old, but with a group of the most dangerous bandits in all Tamriel. He grew how to resist pain, and killed his first victim in fair combat in the Bandits arena at only 14. His family has had a blood tradition, to always live by combat and death. Over time his family began to inherit yellow eyes, fierce at battle the Dexti's are known bandits. After his first kill in the arena he and his brothers left the clan, moving from one to another telling no one. They left late in the night and were accepted in the new clan as Brothers. During years of being in the clan the Brothers plotted a savage slaughter of the bandits, to spread word of their legend and skill in combat.
    And then when Geran finally set out the plan at just 16, he grouped with his real brothers who trained with him, gathered weapons and armor and left, killing all and leaving no trace, burning the fort to dust. They set to head to Markarth, a fine city led by the Silver bloods, and surely safe for the Dexti's to hide. They gained their mark in Markarth, but eventually the Silver bloods forced their hand upons the Dexti's backs, and forced them to work in their mine forever in safety. Geran then worked for 15 years in the mine until finally the Forsworn escaped the mine, along with Geran and one of his brothers with him. Unforgettably his other brother died by the guards hand, and then during the escape his other brother died. Geran not looking back he carried on, and then traveled to Dawnstar, a quiet town, ruled by only the Jarl and his guards at hand. Geran now earns a living by being a sell sword, commonly traveling along with adventurers seeking fame and glory...........and treasure. He is usually hired as a mere sell sword, a bodyguard or a captain of a few men. Now Geran seeks his own fame and glory, restoring the Dexti's name once and for all.
    Strengths: Skilled in great swords. Very strong. Can resist pain. Has no emotion nor mercy. Causes fear in battle when showing his scars and roaring his families war cry. Skilled in bandit raids, murder and all bandit tactics due to how he was brought up.
    Weaknesses: Hard to trust at times. Leaving men behind usually gives him a disadvantage against enemies. Has many enemies and few friends. Can be accused of being a Vampire.
    wallpaper_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_01-jpg.1944

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Found my quiet but snarky Tank. His knowledge of bandit tactics will be of great use. Did you ever read Harbinger's Path? I am gonna have the intro be a mysterious letter to meet a Khajiit and a few other adventurers in a tavern most likely Solitude this time. Then when all are assembled there will be a few revelations. And then a trip to my manor for training, and tactics for the first mission.

Mini Mongo

Hehe I knew he would play that role well, I'm glad he will fit the story well.
    Unfortunately I never got the chance of reading Harbinger's Path, but I do indeed like how this story will begin. Which brings me to another question, when does this begin?

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Well I would normally wait until there was a full writing staff... all the cast set. But I think that more to a true novel I am willing to introduce characters as they come. to develop them more at those times they do and to have a more natural feel to how the story begins. So I will work up a Intro to Bruynzeel and set up the first encounter. And a lot of the back story better explaining the deeper mission and eluding to some secrets. Look for it before the night is out.

Mini Mongo

I don't think I'm going to get a chance to even read it tonight as I'm in England and it's 11:30pm here, and annoyingly I have school tomorrow so I mustn't stay up to late.
    As soon as I arrive from school (3pm) I will have a look at the intro, and introduce my character. So definitely bring him in, good idea by the way :)

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    If there are still open spots, I think I would really like to give this a try. The Warehouse 13 aspect really intrigues me, so if you don't mind I'd like to try and create a character that could fit in here. :)

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Melee, I would be happy to include you just post your character. I look forward to getting a peek.
    Did you read the recruitment requirements, and the story posting requirements?

Then just like Mongo have your character receive a letter, sending them to Solitude. Make it where the note seems to be someone very familiar to you or where they know more about you than you are comfortable with.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts