Armor and Weapon Cap

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Trotter

So far i have searched around on the internet and have found that the armor cap max (at least that takes effect in game) is 567, and anything over would be just a number (can someone clarify if this is true?). I want a strong armor, but do not necessarily want to put the points into alchemy (although id be willing to buy some smithing potions), just enchanting and smithing in order to get this. is this still possible? also can anyone recommend what perks to put in heavy armor? i want to make sure im not wasting any perk points by just throwing it into something that will have no effect, since there is a cap. Also last question: Is there a damage cap for weapons, and what would i need to know about that?
Any help at all would be awesome, Thanks

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yes. I don't use alchemy (but I do use store bought Enchanter's Elixirs and Blacksmith's Elixirs) and I can cap leather armor.

There is no hard damage cap on weapons like there is for armor rating but as a practical matter you're limited by how high you can get your Smithing with fortifications so there is a practical limit unless you use exploits.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts