• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Hey guys, i've been thinking some more about the character i'm going to keep a log on, and i'm not too sure about backstory and playstyle. I've been reading through the forums and I definetly like the idea of his main weapon being posion, alchemy and posion spells, that seems like fun. I want him to be a mage, thats for sure, but it leaves a lot to the mind I guess. I'm tossing up between light and mage armor, maybe a mixture of the two? Hood with light armor? But that would defeat the mage armor perk sort of. I will credit the posion idea to Hildolfr's thread on his Argonian.

Then theres the backstory, i've never been good with it, any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Genocide.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
My Argonian does Alchemy and enchanting with an interest in magic as well. Feel free to take any ideas from his Character Card :) I made up an interesting Bio for him involving the Shadowscales.
Tiberius Black-Scales

Thanks! One of the big attractions back to the Argonian race was whenever I did the Darkbrotherhood and I saw how badass Veezara was, he always made me think about how cool Shadowscales and Argonians were.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
My Argonian does Alchemy and enchanting with an interest in magic as well. Feel free to take any ideas from his Character Card :) I made up an interesting Bio for him involving the Shadowscales.
Tiberius Black-Scales

Thanks! One of the big attractions back to the Argonian race was whenever I did the Darkbrotherhood and I saw how badass Veezara was, he always made me think about how cool Shadowscales and Argonians were.

The same reason why I wanted to create one. And my pleasure :) Thanks for the rep points.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I don't know how I missed this thread! I hope it's not too late.

A former pirate would be an awesome RP idea. Argonians make good pirates.

Another could be going the shaman route which I have been talking a lot about lately. The hard part is figuring out why you leave Black Marsh, assuming you start out there. I fleshed out the story for my character and ended up with the idea that he is one of three children, his siblings be epic in a respective field. He is moderately good at most things. He doesn't live up to his siblings (one's a warrior, the other a healer) so he leaves Black Marsh to find his own way. Then it gets silly because he became a pirate, did bad plops, and then goes to Skyrim to help and atone for his awfulness.

Also... I find a pure mage really difficult. So, I always vote to wear armor. But if you can pull it off, why not. If you play on a low difficulty and us Histskin efficiently, I'm sure you could get by. Restoration is your friend for a mage, I'm slowly figuring that out. I imagine a pure mage would be like... Resto, Alteration (for armor), conjuration, and destruction. Either conjuration or destruction could probably be swapped for illusion. But restoration and alteration are probably clutch.

You could always do a stealthy assassin type. Light armor, stealth, poison, one-handed, illusion, and enchantment or something. But that's not very magic-centric.

Again, I hope I wasn't too late for this conversation.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Would a pure mage lean heavily on Conjuration.. like conjuring familiars and the like to help them?
I tried pure mage with a redguard once and it was difficult. I ended up putting her in light armour, I think she was wearing enchanted Vampire armour. But she exclusively used duel wield bound swords, which was fun, and raised her conjuration levels up very quickly. Only time it got a little scary was low level and fighting a dragon when it was in the air. She had to switch to destruction, or find someone else to help her.. like the time she ran back to a stormcloak camp and let them deal with it, while hiding in one of their tents.. lol.

argonian12

If you want a good back story, you can use my character sheet as a starter.=============
================
Sky-rim character sheet:

Name: Jeer-Shei Maeve |||
Race: argonian
Height: 6,4
Physical: well built.
Decs: two horns from the side and a smaller pair behind and as eyebrow hair. And also as bristles for the chin. Skin is a green and grey brown scales. Has grey reptilian eyes. And has a fin-like back spine at the back of the head.

Class: all around warrior

Bio: his mother has served as a witch doctor in the village of Tamriel. while his father was working as a blacksmith for the imperials. Jeer-Shei had always been an asset to the companion and to the imperials.
He had always been an enemy to the stormcloaks and had even been black listed by them. But he has the companions to help his back.

Likes: rain,combat,swimming, imperial guards,alchemy and gems.

Dislikes: height,bears,injuries,sweet wine,horses and mud crabs.

Personality: kind,optimistic,sarcastic,smart,role model and open minded.

Fighting styles: bare knuckle boxing,Wrestling and mixed martial arts.

Apparel: steel armor with a chain-mail and leather hood and thieves guild boots.

Weapons: elvish bow (with iron arrows) , orcish dagger and elvish shield with steel sword.

Just be sure to to tell me what you are going to use from here for your background story, ok? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts