• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
After playing hundreds of hours of oblivion and skyrim is it really worth my time to try arena or daggerfall? or will I think it sucks because I'm fighing block goblins in a block forest?

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
You might as well give them a shot, since they're free. I've had difficulty getting into them myself, but I can definitely see the appeal. If anything, it's nice to see what's the same and what's different about TES.

I love having trials in Daggerfall, though, especially since if your Speech is high enough, you can debate your way out of being imprisoned for openly murdering several people.

Pyrodranox

The king of <insert title here>
I haven't personally tried Arena, but I have played Daggerfell (not sure I spelled that right...). After playing Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, it was interesting to watch others play, but I couldn't do it. The controls were too difficult, and I could figure out the weapon and inventory system at all.

But that's just me, maybe you'll enjoy it.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Go for it! I still love and play Daggerfall. I may one day go back to Arena but not anytime soon. But Daggerfall... yes... still installed on my hard drive.

anossXVIII

I think they are both great and recommend both of them to anyone. However, I do STRONGLY suggest you play Daggerfall first. It's free at the elder scrolls website, but you do need the DOSbox to play it, which you can download from dosbox.com. It's the most difficult game but it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Google can answer all the questions you have, and you will have many. Just please, don't play a Khajiit. In the first 2 games, they are really butt ugly...

KritikalPT

If anything, I would say that Arena and Daggerfall are the best of the older ones, but that's my personal opinion.
You can get them both for free in the Elder Scrolls official website, however, there are better ways of installing them, especially Daggerfall (at least as far as I know, haven't really searched that much for Arena).
If you want, just go here:

Daggerfall:Files - UESPWiki

Click the first link for the installer of the game. They've made it so that any Windows OS can install and play it, and you don't even need to know anything about DOS commands. Just install and play. They even added optional files that fix a lot of things in the game, which I highly recommend.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
I personally prefer Morrowind over Daggerfall, as much as I like Daggerfall, Morrowind is just the best of the Pre-Oblivion games IMHO

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts