Are there any use in Gold besides houses?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

garloo

So far, my major purchases are
1000 gold on Steel heavy armor and weapons
6000 gold on whiterun house and furnishings

I dun think i'll be buying any magic scrolls since I have been playing as a warrior 2h-hander + archer combo.

Beyond this, are there anymore usage for gold?
are there better equipments that can be purchased from shops?

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
They didn't put much thought in setting up the economy system. You can gain most of your equipment from quests and I don't think there are any unique weapons that only a certain shop sells.

garloo

I have visit a few towns but they all sell the same thing... with steel being the best.

It was fun initially in trying to maximize the loot I gain from every dungeons and then find myself going shopping in town.

but if there isint much uses in earning gold... I may as well save my time and not be bothered looting every inch in the dungeons

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Really it just becomes a time saver. I went through every spell merchant at the College and bought every spell, learned what I didn't know, and sold back what I did. Easier than trying to decipher what I didn't know. Then when crafting new items I'll pick up the little bits I need here and there from merchs, ingots, leather strips, etc, since I don't have much of that stuff on hand like I did when leveling the crafting skills. Really just a time saver now. Once I get back up to 100k for the second time I'll go through and buy all the houses.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts