Are there any features you like from Morrowind that were not in the successors?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I believe so yes...I just mean that I miss that style of armor and the combination choices we had.

thecelticlatino

Very few considering I didn't care much for Morrowind

01. Medium armor- sounds useless but I like the idea of having a balance of protection and speed, also adds to role-playing aspects (medium armored thief, warrior type, etc...)

02. Spears- there's two handed weapons but this alone could get an interested skill tree, perhaps separating trees similar to the Conjuration tree, where one could focus on a defensive fighting style that allows the player to use a shield (hoplite style) and the other is a more offensive

03. Unarmed- Of course this is in previous Elder Scrolls series (and Oblivion as well), but I really don't see why Unarmed was taken out when it could be a viable combat style

04. Requirements to join guilds/level requirements before continuing the main quest- Sort of forces your character to roleplay and experience what the game has to offer rather than just getting it all done quickly and easily

Other than that I think Skyrim's pretty good.

Now if Skyrim could take some pages from DAGGERFALL...
-Knight Orders (for more Knight Errant/Paladin style characters)
-Temples (to ALL eight Divines and not just the three females, adds roleplaying possibilities)
-Templar Orders
-Character Advantages/Disadvantages
-Fun Personality Quizzes (that could add bonuses and possibly a starting perk)
-Reputations (Nobles, Commoners, Underworld)
-Holidays
-Climbing

...that would just make Skyrim IMPOSSIBLE to put down. TES VI hopefully...

sdelivery

Major and Minor skill sets, the level cap (unless you found the master alchemist trainer who could train "Past" 100), the birth signs, the level system with the stat multipliers.

Edit: Weapon/Armor degradation

HEFFAY

THERE'S ALOT FROM MORROWIND I'M DISAPPOINTED WEREN'T IN THE OTHER ELDER SCROLLS GAMES:

1. Mark and Recall
Morrowind in my opinion was the best game in history, there is a lot they should have brought back from it, for example the 'mark' and 'recall' spells, with mark, you could use it anywhere and nothing would happen, hen when you would use recall it would teleport you to the location you had marked... and you could use this in combat if you needed a quick exit, or just a marker so after you completed a quest you could fast travel to exactly where the quest giver was standing for a quicker reward...

2. Intervention
They also had the spells 'divine intervention' and 'almivsi intervetion' which would teleport you at any time (even in battle) to the nearest imperial fort or temple....

3. Transportation
In Morrowind there was no fast travel, you either walked, teleported, or used a mod of transportation (which there was alot of) such a stilth strider, a boat or certain mages could teleport you to certain cities...

4. Training
I also liked how you could a trainer as much as you wanted, there wasn't a 5 training session limit on every level...

5. Harder to lead a guild
Morrowind also had way more quests for the guilds, it would takes weeks, even months to become the head a guild. There was also skill requirements to advance.

6. Temple Questline
Also the temple questlines were awesome... it was going out and killing vampires or necromancers... hunting down false prophets or heretics and executing them...

7. Levetation
They also had a levetation spell, where you could litterally run straight up, if you wanted to you could levetate over mounations or down cliffs...

8. Clothing
You could also customize your armor way more, you could have 2 different gloves, or a different curass and greaves... and you could wear clothes under your armor and a robe over it...

9. Spear
In morrowind the spear was a badass weapon I usually had it as a major skill for my characters, it wasnt like a sword... it had three ways of attcking, you could thrust it, which was very deadly, you could also overhand chop with it, not very effective, or you could swing it like a baseball bat also, not very effective...
The reward for doing Hircine's quest (which was badass in Morrowind) was 'The Spear of the Hunter' that did 50 damage points, paralyzed for 5 second, and did 25 poison damage ... In my opinion best weapon in the game...

10. Your ability to have any house.
Also in Morrowind you could go in anyhouse and kill the owner then just move in, you could put your stuff in their containers and sleep in thier bed and your stuff wouldnt disappear... If you were a member of 'House Telvanni' you recieved a custom build tower that took two months of ingame time to build, and at anytime you could visit and check the progress.

11. Map Icon.
Also there wasnt a little icon that told you where u were going all the time, you actually had to search for things, it was tough, the first time i played it it took me over a year to beat... now if its your active quest it tells you exactly where to go...

12. Journal
In Morrowind there wasn't a 'quest page' in the menu, there was ajournal that you had to keep track of, and you could add in your own entries like 'left treasure outside of a landmark, return and get it when you are carrying less'

13. Creeper
Creeper was the best trader in morrowind, he was a scamp who was the leader of a gang of Orcs who were planning a revolt and they would buy any and all armor, weapons, scrolls and potions AT FACE VALUE. If you had a ebony dagger worth 2400, he would pay you 2400... sometimes he would even pay you more than it was valued at... he had 5000 gold, and it would recharge every day...

HEFFAY

The only thing I'd like to see that was included in Morrowind, the travel spell. I don't know what it was called per se, been a few years, but you could basically set a spawn point and instantly fast travel to that spot. Anywhere in the world. (From what I recall) Fast travel in Skyrim is pretty efficient for the most part, everything is somewhat close. But it was definately nice to just cast a spell and instantly travel directly to your home/storage point. Loved that concept.

haha its ironic you put "(from what i recall)" but you can't remember the spell, it was a two part spell mark and recall

demujin

THERE'S ALOT FROM MORROWIND I'M DISAPPOINTED WEREN'T IN THE OTHER ELDER SCROLLS GAMES:

Creeper was the best trader in morrowind, he was a scamp who was the leader of a gang of Orcs who were planning a revolt and they would buy any and all armor, weapons, scrolls and potions AT FACE VALUE. If you had a ebony dagger worth 2400, he would pay you 2400... sometimes he would even pay you more than it was valued at... he had 5000 gold, and it would recharge every day...

There was the mudcrab merchant too. he had more gold than Creeper but he was inconveniently located on a small rocky island east of Vivec.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts