Are there any features you like from Morrowind that were not in the successors?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
PC Elder Scrolls is always technically better, however I do not have the money to shell out for a top of the line pc for skyrim, b/c games like this MUST BE PLAYED in max if capable, hence why I got it for ps3, still . . . worth it! p.s: Played Morrowind on CPU / Oblivion on Xbox 360 / Skyrim on Ps3, Problem?

NoVa

Bossmer
I miss throwing weapons the most. Spears.. maybe but I prefer Goldbrand from morrowind (and Oblivion) to come back rather than any spear. I am a fan of ninja weapons ^_^

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I miss throwing weapons the most. Spears.. maybe but I prefer Goldbrand from morrowind (and Oblivion) to come back rather than any spear. I am a fan of ninja weapons ^_^

Seconded.

demujin

IN regards to ninja weapons there were generic Katanas and Dai-katanas. The only one i'm aware of is the Blades sword. Throwing stars and knives were great because they were very quick. You could toss three or four in the time it takes to fire an arrow. It would be a nice addition, requiring the archery skill to revert to being called ranged and having an extra branch on the perk tree.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Right, there's always expansions for every TES game, maybe they'll do something among them.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
i think, as a seperate entity, not included in the skills column, that acrobatics should have been included. so as in the more you're acrobatic then your stamina would go up cuz thats how it is in real life. but again, acrobatics should be an entirely different entity than the 18 skills, as an outlier more or less. basicly the more you jump the more it increases, with a cap of course, and the longer you dont use it the faster it degrades, as in real life.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
. Throwing stars and knives were great because they were very quick. You could toss three or four in the time it takes to fire an arrow. It would be a nice addition, requiring the archery skill to revert to being called ranged and having an extra branch on the perk tree.
ALSO friggin ridiculous dwarven darts and Almelexia's guard's darts. Like 100dmg a dart!

Luft

The only thing I'd like to see that was included in Morrowind, the travel spell. I don't know what it was called per se, been a few years, but you could basically set a spawn point and instantly fast travel to that spot. Anywhere in the world. (From what I recall) Fast travel in Skyrim is pretty efficient for the most part, everything is somewhat close. But it was definately nice to just cast a spell and instantly travel directly to your home/storage point. Loved that concept.

diazm7

The only thing I'd like to see that was included in Morrowind, the travel spell. I don't know what it was called per se, been a few years, but you could basically set a spawn point and instantly fast travel to that spot. Anywhere in the world. (From what I recall) Fast travel in Skyrim is pretty efficient for the most part, everything is somewhat close. But it was definately nice to just cast a spell and instantly travel directly to your home/storage point. Loved that concept.
Mark and recall, and I agree, it was very useful, only one mark though, makes sense

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
It was carried into Oblivion, but not Skyrim - Spellcrafting. I loved creating my own dastardly combinations of magical effects to really screw up my enemies. Sad to see it go. :sadface:

diazm7

It was carried into Oblivion, but not Skyrim - Spellcrafting. I loved creating my own dastardly combinations of magical effects to really screw up my enemies. Sad to see it go. :sadface:
I was very upset with this as well.

Onimushua

Spears should be added in, following how the weapons work in Skyrim (Daggers fast, no stagger chance -> one handed -> twohanded -> Slowest weapon, greatest stagger chance).

Also I missed alot of spells from Oblivion and a few from Morrowind, especially spells like fortify and spellmaking.

The SIlent Man

It may be stupid but I miss the "right-left" pieces of armor lol I enjoyed going around dressed like a clown, with all different armor pieces...and when you found a single pauldron! That was so nice to me, a lot of pieces for all the armors, and you could combine them with a lot of nice pants lol I really miss that thing...

i liked in morrowind tht u could create your own spells tht in which the created spell had a low mana cost and awesome effects, like permently boosting atts and skills, where oblivion made it harder to be a mage in tht asspect of mana costs and harder for a battlemage, in the aspect of mana cost, but morrowind sucked trying to be a strict mage cause the aiming capable for spells sucked and u NEEDED armour to survive, u just did.

demujin

i liked in morrowind tht u could create your own spells tht in which the created spell had a low mana cost and awesome effects, like permently boosting atts and skills, where oblivion made it harder to be a mage in tht asspect of mana costs and harder for a battlemage, in the aspect of mana cost, but morrowind sucked trying to be a strict mage cause the aiming capable for spells sucked and u NEEDED armour to survive, u just did.
The combat in Morrowind was very cumbersome. It was based on attack "rolls" versus the enemy armor, like in many RPGs, which meant if you are at a low skill in level with your weapon, you would miss quite often. This is fine for a turn based game, but in a first person game, it meant you would watch your weapon swing right at the enemy, and make no contact. I remember some players didn't quite understand why this would happen, and they hated the game for it.

Where the game really shined was in it's depth and customization. More weapons, more armor, more spell possibilities. Using custom potions and alteration I could make my character jump over mountains, for example. that was a lot of fun. Because of the cumbersome fighting though, it was much more difficult to play as a full unarmored mage, you really had to avoid getting hit.

The combat in Morrowind was very cumbersome. It was based on attack "rolls" versus the enemy armor, like in many RPGs, which meant if you are at a low skill in level with your weapon, you would miss quite often. This is fine for a turn based game, but in a first person game, it meant you would watch your weapon swing right at the enemy, and make no contact. I remember some players didn't quite understand why this would happen, and they hated the game for it.

Where the game really shined was in it's depth and customization. More weapons, more armor, more spell possibilities. Using custom potions and alteration I could make my character jump over mountains, for example. that was a lot of fun. Because of the cumbersome fighting though, it was much more difficult to play as a full unarmored mage, you really had to avoid getting hit.
spoken like a true veteran :)

Lycan

Forest Crawler
It may be stupid but I miss the "right-left" pieces of armor lol I enjoyed going around dressed like a clown, with all different armor pieces...and when you found a single pauldron! That was so nice to me, a lot of pieces for all the armors, and you could combine them with a lot of nice pants lol I really miss that thing...

Completely agree, I'm someone who just loves to have a heap of options and if I wanted unmatching armor I could. I especially miss the many different bonemold helmets and pauldrons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts