• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheElderRob

Just thought there should be a place where people can share, test, and discuss certain Archetypes they came up with. Personally I'm obsessed with making new and challenging Archetypes that turn out to be very powerful when finished and hopefully there's a few more people out there who also enjoy constantly making Archetypes. So if you have an Archetype you've made that you'd like to share, discuss, and test out then please don't hesitate to post it.

Just a simple one to get the fire burning.
Akaviri Monk
Race: Breton/Dark Elf
Statistic Focus: 30% Health, 50% Magicka, 20% Stamina
Primary Skills: Destruction, One handed
Secondary Skills: Light Armor, Conjuration, Wards
Stone Ability: Atronach Stone
Essential Perks: Armsman(5), Specific Weapon Proficiency(3), Destruction Rank Perks, Augmented Elements, Impact, Necromancy, Dark Souls, Twin Souls, Restoration Rank Perks, Ward Absorb
Weapons: Melee Weapon of choice, Spells
Armor: Robes, Hoods or circlets, and jewelry benefiting Destruction, Restoration, and Magicka. Boots and Glove of higher Light Armor level, (i.e. Glass or Dragonscale), benefiting resistance or one-handed weapons.
Archetype Advice: Not much to say for this Archetype seeing as it's pretty simple. Use wards in the place of shields, use powerful destructive spells of all elements seeing as their are resistances, use a melee weapon combined with a ward spell in combat situations where one is either overpowered or majorly outnumbered, use a melee weapon and a destruction spell in combat situations where one requires more damage then resilience. Make use of reanimation at all levels, early on it will aide in combat seeing as the player will begin rather weak, later on use it with dead thralls to create a powerful ally for major dungeon running and difficult bosses.

Golgo_SPB

The Miner
Preferred Race: Orc or Redguard.
Just enough magicka to cast essential Alteration spells, then the rest should go into Health and Stamina
Primary Skills: One-handed and Alteration.
Secondary Skills: Depends how hard you want it to be, but for the sake of making it less difficult - Sneak, Enchanting, Restoration or Alchemy, and maybe Speech for all the stuff you mine.
Stone Ability: Atronach would be a good choice.
Essential Perks: the Dual Wield perks and basically all of the Alteration ones.
Weapons: only Pickaxes baby! I'm a damn miner!
Armor: None, just need your miner's clothes.
Advice: Without enchanting it's a hard road ahead of you because of the weak damage output of pickaxes since they can't be put to the grindstone, except for the original notched pickaxe, and the damage is stuck at 10 without fortify one-handed enchant or potion. Also pickaxes count as war axes so the bleeding damage perk applies to pickaxes. Alteration is apart of the miner class solely because of the lack or armor and it has the transmute spells (great for when you find an Iron Ore vein). I guess it's possible to not invest in Alteration and wear some light armor, but you still gotta wear that miner's outfit or else you ain't no miner. Pickaxes also benefit from Sneak's backstab perk, that's if you want to be a sneaky miner.

Golgo_SPB

Love the difficulty of the Archetype itself. Ill definitely need to try it out.
yeah it's tough once you get to higher levels without enchanting. even with the bleeding damage and a good ol sneak backstab I barely did anything to a draugr wight. I chose orc or redguard because of their racial powers, goes well with power dual wield attacks. also you tend to care more about the random ore vein you find in the wild since you actually have pickaxes in hand, when I played my non miner characters I was like whatever and ran past em. But yeah without enchanting it's tough, but with enchanting you get more variety with weapon enchants since I carry around multiple ones for specific enemies like mages, creatures weak to fire, etc. Also with just wearing clothes and lots of stamina I can afford to carry around lots of different pickaxes.

The Spectre of Skyrim

An Evil-turned-good guy
If you're interested in this build, see my guide:
Illusion, Evasion, and the Art of Mastering Stealth in Skyrim | Skyrim Forums

My current legit build (the one I made for the guide had some console commands to help him out so I could test things):

Archetype: Nightblade (stealth wizard)
Level:54
Name: The Spectre of Skyrim
Race: Dunmer
Primary Skills: Illusion, Destruction, Sneak, Light Armour
Secondary Skills: One-Handed, Alteration, Alchemy, Smithing (doesn't even need to mentioned, does it?)
Primary Spells: Expert Destruction Spells, Frenzy, Invisibility
Primary Weapon: Mehrunes' Razor
Secondary Spells: Pacify, Rout, Transmute, Paralysis, EbonyFlesh
Secondary Weapon:None
Primary Armour: Nightingale
Secondary Armour: Glass, Arch-Mage Robes
Companion: None
Pet: Shadowmere

TheElderRob

I like I like. I was thinking of making a form of the Assassin Archetype but the use of a dunmer is quite surprising to me. Also the idea of using alteration intrigues me, Its quite a good class and I will definitely be trying it out tonight.

The Spectre of Skyrim

An Evil-turned-good guy
I like I like. I was thinking of making a form of the Assassin Archetype but the use of a dunmer is quite surprising to me. Also the idea of using alteration intrigues me, Its quite a good class and I will definitely be trying it out tonight.
It was mostly because the Dark Elves, in the context of the game's universe, fit such an archetype. Their starting skill bonuses also fit the skills needed for a Nightblade. An Altmer would be a great if not better choice. Though, my race bonus of 50% fire resistance and my Nightingale Armour 50% frost resistance are nice - only Shock spells really hurt me anymore.

Quite honestly, any archetype can make use of Alteration. They're utility spells, not dedicated class-specific ones like Illusion, which really only reaches full potential in a Nightblade character, or conjuration which doesn't reach full power unless you're a dedicated Conjurer/Necromancer(same thing).

TheElderRob

I know alteration is a skills usable by all but with the limit of 50 Perks in game I've never thought about using a few on the skill itself.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
... but with the limit of 50 Perks in game I've never thought about using a few on the skill itself.

FYI: Perk Points don't stop at 50.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
You could make a comprehensive list in the first post and perhaps get a sticky? People ask for this info all the time.

I'll contribute a few, not all at once. Here is a start:

An old one, but a good one, is the Monk as it has been presented in past elder scrolls games.

CLASS: MONK

"Monks are hardy and clever people with wisdom and experience gained from roaming the land. World wise and personable, monks are expert problem solvers and have the advantage of being underestimated in a fight. Though many prefer to close a situation with words, they are equally capable of getting their point across using their fists. Many monks have suprising magical ability and are proficient at hunting with a bow."

SKILLS: RESTORATION, ALTERATION, ALCHEMY, ARCHERY, SNEAK, SPEECHCRAFT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golgo_SPB

Not very unique, but I love unarmed (well the idea of it, too bad bethesda doesn't care)

Blood Fist aka Vampire Pugilist.
Preferred Race: Khajiit
Stats: mostly into Health and Stamina, maybe some magicka for healing and certain spells.
Primary Skills: Heavy Armor, Enchanting, Smithing, and Alchemy.
Secondary Skills: Restoration, Destruction (will explain later), and Sneak if you like.
Stone Ability: whatever suits your needs.
Essential Perks: Fists of Steel, Necromage, and the middle perks that lead to the top of enchanting.
Weapons: your divine given fists!
Armor: Daedric Gauntlets is basically all you wanna get. Ebony Mail if you wanna be sneaky and get that poison area effect damage.
The basic unarmed character... but he/she is a vampire. The reason for this is for the Necromage perk in restoration which will increase the effect of the enchants of the armor you're wearing, this means that fortify unarmed enchant is increased slightly. But here's some rules I go by when it comes to unarmed: No other weapons and no spells unless they are cast on you. Your fist is the truth and it is your life! But some things are allowed like cloak spells (you cast it on yourself so it follows the rules) I just like to think I'm so badass that my aura hurts people around me, this goes for the ebony mail poison area effect damage. It's ok if you want to be sneaky too, as long as you pummel your opponents face into their ass and their ass into the ground with your fists.

Jaer

Paladin
Race: Breton (Doesn't matter)
Statistic Focus: 10% Health, 50% Magicka, 40% Stamina
Primary Skills: One handed, Block, Restoration
Secondary Skills: Heavy Armor, Alteration, Wards
Stone Ability: Lover Stone (Anything really, just not evil, like raising the dead)
Essential Perks: All block perks, Heavy Armor to taste, under speech - persuasion, merchant (but in no way fence or intimidate), Restoration - Respite, Regeneration, Necromage, Recovery, Avoid Death, Alteration - Magic Resistance
Primary Weapon: One-handed maces, shield
Primary Spells: Healing spells, anything against undead, armor boosts, paralysis
Armor: Dwarven Armor
Enchantments: Paralysis, turn undead, restoration boosts. No soul siphon spells, or perks.
Restrictions: No destruction, conjuration, illusion, archery, light armor, sneak, pickpocket, lockpicking
Advice: Only do quest lines that are of good nature, so you can't do theives guild, DB, or finish companions. No drinking in bars, always protect a person's virtue, and assist people for good. Lead a simple life, so you don't have to worry much about loot, as you will keep very little as money is not a concern for you. Do not use poisons, or do anything dishonest. If you accidentally commit a crime, own up to it, and serve your time. Only take honorable companions with you if you travel with someone. Keep Lydia alive!

Golgo_SPB

The Kaiser Wolf!
Race: Doesn't matter all too much, a Race that gets a head start in the skills needed is always good. I prefer a High Elf for the extra magicka.
Stats: Just enough magicka to cast essential spells. The rest in Health and Stamina.
Primary Skills: Alteration, Destruction, and Alchemy.
Seconday Skills: these are optional depending how you want to play. Sneak and Illusion (mainly for the silent spell casting) for if you want to be sneaky with spells.
Stone Ability: Atronach, Lady, or Lord.
Essential Perks: Mage Armor, Atronach, and Avoid Death.
Primary Weapon: none, although you can use a weapon depending what you see fit.
Armor: mage robes or whatever you like.

Looks like a simple mage build but there's a twist you have to use your werewolf form in the majority of battles. Destruction is there for backup just in case. Basically some perks cross over into wolf form such as Atronach, Avoid Death, etc. Also Standing stone effects that don't need to be cast i.e. constant effect ones stay with wolf form like the Atronach Stone.

The reason conjuration is not one of this build's primary skills is because of the Atronach powers and it's ability to absorb spells which includes your own conjuration spells. There's been times when I had a thrall or a summon but then they "die" when I transform much like when you activate a elemental cloak and that negates your summon.

Anyway the basic breakdown: Werewolf form has zero armor so Alteration flesh spells with the Mage armor perk is preferred to armor you while being a Werewolf, activate it before then transform. You can go with Dragonhide but it takes a while to cast and has a short duration, especially when transforming takes up some of that time. You can also cast a destruction elemental cloak before transformation, this gives you a little extra damage when mauling and it damages opponents when they attack you while you transform.

If you'd like you can cast a rune in a specific spot then transform, this will cause the NPC to run towards you and hopefully into your rune. There's also the sneaky route with the silent spellcasting perk, which actually helps alot. sneak up cast flesh spells and cloak then transform, or go in the middle of a big group and cast mass paralysis then transform and maul em.

Standing Stone choice is also important, although there's basically only three choices. Atronach stone is my choice, paired with the Atronach perk in alteration there won't be too much of a problem against mages. Lady stone increases your health and stamina regen which is great in wolf form since health regenerates very slowly, but then again you can always take a health regen potion. Then my least wanted choice, the lord stone, gives you 50 armor and 25% magic resist. The lord would be a great choice if it didn't interfere with the mage armor perks. The most armor you can get with the lord and ebony flesh would be 150 armor but the trade off is more magic resist if paired with the magic resist perks in alteration.

Like said previously potion effects will cross over into wolf form too. Mainly the health regen is the most important, nothing much else. Also use wolf fear shouts alot especially when getting surrounded or else you get killed by the mob. Happy Hunting for Hircine!

EDIT: supposedly the recent patch fixed lord stone to work with mage armor. nice!

Golgo_SPB

Haven't actually tested this build out, but I wanted to make a warrior type centered around the Ebony Blade. Not sure if the patch fixed the mismatched perks for the weapon, so this build is based on the mismatched perk Ebony Blade. Also does backstab apply to the Ebony Blade?

The Ebony Bladesmen
Race: any one you want!
Stats: health and stamina.
Primary Skills: Heavy or Light armor, One-handed, Two-handed, and Block.
Secondary skills: whatever you like basically, as long as the Ebony Blade is the main way of offense.
Stone Ability: whatever suits your needs.
Essential Perks: Basically these < link
Primary weapon: Only the Ebony Blade!
Armor: can go light or heavy, personally I'd go with a Ebony Armor set or Ebony Mail with Ebony Guants/Boots/Helm just to go with the theme of this build.

The Breakdown: Haven't actually made this character yet but I plan too. Just the basic two handed warrior but based around the Ebony Blade (wanted to give this weapon love because of the mismatched perks that apply to it). Sure I could make a better weapon with a better enchant but that's no fun (in my opinion, not trying to hate!). With the Ebony Mail you can probably be a sneaky type. You can probably be a vampire to increase your sneakiness and the Ebony Blade will help with that no health regen for vamps during the day.

Golgo_SPB

The Trap Master
Race: Doesn't matter much. Having a head start with the skills required for this build is always a nice thing to have though.
Stats: mostly magicka.
Primary Skills: Destruction, Sneak, Illusion, and Alteration.
Secondary Skills: anything really.
Stone Ability: whatever you like.
Essential Perks: Silent Casting, Rune Master, Adept and Expert Destruct, and Sneak perks other than the back stab ones.
Primary Weapon: Elemental Runes and Walls, and Telekinesis.
Armor: Light or Clothing, but heavy is fine if you can make it work.

The Breakdown: Will be using the Runes and Wall of Element spells as traps, of course you will be sneaking, then Telekinesis will be used to pick up objects and flung at enemies to lure them into your traps. Ideally you don't want to be caught because damage can only be made with Runes or Walls. You're a trap master you know nothing else! I guess you can use Fear spells to make enemies run into your traps as well.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
This is an Old Char of mine , I may go back to at some point:-

Class: Goldsmith/Armourer
Race: Nord
Stats: 40% Mag/40% H/20% St
Primary Skills: Speech, Smithing, Conjuration
Secondary Skills: Alteration, Destruction
Stone Ability: Lord Stone
Essential Perks: All of the Speech and Smithing Trees, Medium Conj, Basic Alteration and Destruction
Primary Weapon: None
Armor: Only Fine Clothes, the best he can buy (no enchantments). Always carries at least 2 full changes of clothing when away from his home(s).

The Breakdown: He's basically a Jeweler (mine was called Jakob Gullsmed- Goldsmith in Norwegian-), who will also profit considerably from the Civil War. He travels everywhere with hired help, constant summoned Atronach in effect. He searches the land for gems to make Jewelry. He turns base metals into Silver and Gold. He has heard of a Legendary Crown of Barenziah, and wishes very much to obtain it somehow. He profits from the war by crafting and selling arms to Quartermasters in the various Stormcloak and Imperial Camps.

Notes:- He's allowed to make arms for his followers, but doesn't use armor or weapons himself. He summons Atronachs (never raises undead), and casts destruction spells in combat, but mostly he tries to put his follower in between himself and the hostiles. No fast travel whatsoever, no sneaking, no Illusion, no alchemy, no enchanting.

He's a tough build to play......

snoobs2000

Here is my Custom Archetype, I have created to go with the dawnguards, I have also included some good followers that go along with this charter as sort of, "partners" with the same sorts of abilities as the custom archetype, I have inserted the archetype as a picture as I did not want to type it all out and I wanted everyone to have a chance to see it, the images are wha I got off the intene (armor/weapons) but there exactly what I wrot so I don't see why it matters much really, I have also incuded 3 different NPC's to marry to make it easier to find NPC's to role play with, ad as it suggests you can say the NC's are anything, from ister to brothers, from uncles to aunties, to step brothers o step sisters, or whatever you decide, I would appreciate it if anyone that reads ths could leave me fedback as am thiking of mag a small webste with lots of custome Archtypes for games like Skyrim/Oblivion etc.Slide1.GIF

snoobs2000

Just thought I would mention that I have not tried this archetype yet, but I am going to try it in about 5 mins, but by the looks of it all it should work fine, but just incase it needs tweaking I am writing this as to stop people B****ing about it if it does not work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts