• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xscarfacex

should stealth archers invest in the stealth perk and muffled movement perk? and if so how far should they invest in stealth?

Clau

The Fateless One
(This should be in the Skyrim HELP section....)

Yes. You will need atleast one perk invested in Stealth and work your way to the right side of the sneak tree. Your goal is the Deadly Aim perk that multiplies X3 sneak shots.

In the left side of the tree, it is up to you. From my game as an archer assassin, I invested in Muffled Movement due to my inexperience with the game's sneaking mechanics. A 50% noise reduction when you're still leveling up your sneak skills makes the game easier. Useful for those dungeon crawls, but not a necessity.

I used to invest FIVE into the Sneak perk, but since joining the forum and trying out the testimonies of the posters about you only need one, I went and tried it for myself. How true it was when you only need to invest in stealth once. When you reach Level 100 in sneak, you are pretty much invisible, making no noise and can at times run without being discovered.

neonworm

Skyrim stealth archers are way overpowered. im not saying thats bad... or good...

ah3nos

Skyrim stealth archers are way overpowered. im not saying thats bad... or good...

I have to agree, but they are fun. Especially if you put limits on yourself like 'can only carry 20 arrows at any given time' and such. Makes those dragon fights a little more challenging knowing you can run out of ammo.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I use a crossbow ( just packs way more of a punch) and always carry over 300 bolts... I use as few as I can but always like to have a "security blanket." With a bow however, if I bring one, I carry a lot less arrows. Why? No idea :D It just always turns out that way...

DJDragonflame

call me "DJ" or "Dragonflame"
I have to agree, but they are fun. Especially if you put limits on yourself like 'can only carry 20 arrows at any given time' and such. Makes those dragon fights a little more challenging knowing you can run out of ammo.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Or to make it even more of a challenge, never use the perks Steath Ranks 2-5, Silence, Deadly Aim and Hunter's Discipline with carrying 20 arrows. Why? Because Stealth Ranks 2-5 makes it harder for them to detect you, Hunter's Discipline which gives you twice the arrows when you loot, Silence which gives you no detection while walking and running and you can only sneak attack twice the damage instead of triple, which makes you use more arrows.

In my stealth archer game, to make it harder I tried to aim for the head, which is more realistic for an instant kill... I did invest in almost everything in the Sneak skill perk tree, I especially loved the silent roll perk.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
In my stealth archer game, to make it harder I tried to aim for the head, which is more realistic for an instant kill... I did invest in almost everything in the Sneak skill perk tree, I especially loved the silent roll perk.

Whenever I'm in a dungeon, I ONLY stay in stealth and use Stealth Roll to move faster. One of the best perks to have; it got me out of trouble more than once!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts