• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Danisimo

Hello guys. I wanted to play the game as an archer using daggers. I want them both to be pretty strong, I don't really prefer one over the other. I'd like to kill my enemies at a distance and when I feel that there are too many or are too close I'd like to switch to daggers to finish them off.
I spent quite a bit of time searching for a decent build and read quite a few contradicting posts from "a build like that is impossible" to "I'm using one now and its awesome."
This is what I came up with. http://skyrimcalculator.com/343334
I'm still not sure if I should go all the way to paralyzing strike or just stop at critical charge. I also haven't decided if I want to get some strong poisons or strong enchants for some crowd control.
What do you guys think? Is this build viable? Any tips from players already using similar builds?

JoeReese

I think it's viable, as much so as an archer with a sword. I don't know, however, how much one-handed affects daggers. I say that because with a high level dagger, say glass, vs an iron sword, I still get more damage out of the sword than with the dagger.

For personal preference, I rarely go past quick shot with archery, and usually stop at savage strike for one-handed. I found that I almost never hit while sprinting, as they suddenly move and soar past them. Points for form, but no hit. With the chance to paralyze, you may consider how small that chance is and what you'll get out of it, that you can't get with canis root + imp stool.

That may open up a couple of points for you to use on your armor or enchanting, alchemy, etc. Even with high smithing and one-handed skills, the daggers can only benefit from some enchantment.

Again, this is only my preferences. Your world is open, and if you want that combo to work, it will.

AS88

Staff member
http://skyrimcalculator.com/343785

Here's one way to do it. Daggers get the most hits in over a period of time, so are the best weapons to use poisons effectively, and if you're not blocking you might need to use a stamina or health potion every now and then. I went into alchemy quite a lot on that build, but you could easily stop at level 35 and not take a lot of the alchemy perks.

Paralysis, slow, lingering health, damage health/stmaina regen are all really useful poisons you can use regularly to really swing fights in your favour.

I've played this build on expert difficulty, and the poisons make it almost unfair when you're alchemy gets up in the levels.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts