• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jon.fra.sim

I'm at level 33 wearing all glass armor. Use my bow predominately and if anyone comes up close I use shield/sword combo or flames/sword combo. I also use a flame atronach for close combat and dragons.

Seem to be doing really well and really enjoying it.

But I kind of feel like I'm missing out on all the magic available, although I am aware I don't want to spread myself too thin.

Any suggestions or comments.
Thanks

Onyx

It seems like you are doing alright! :)

You might want to have a look at the illusion school as that can be pretty entertaining. Frenzy spells are good (makes the target go bazerk and attack the closest thing, usually one of his buddies).

Since you are in conjuration, re-animate dead is also alot of fun. Not only do you bring the dead back to life (need bodes) they make the complimentary "zombie" noises. Quite effective against bosses surrounded by weaker minions...kill them off then re-animate them for additional meatshields. You can also get an area of effect version of this from a stone, just east of whiterun I think.

Starr

I am level 60 as of today and have maxed the Destruction line and Maxed Bow/1 handed skills. I like both and keep gear on my person to switch instantly when ever i wish to mix it up. Both are fun. 1 shotting with a bow in sneak is very nice option. I currently am using my Deadric mace that hits for 650ish and just rolling thru anything on expert game settings.
As far as armor is concerned - Glass is what i used about your level as well. I currently use Dragon Scale light armor and have a rating of 711 armor. Nice for casting too if thats what you need to do. Nothing will beat the Traits of MASTER Robes of Destruction tho. But once you can dual enchant your own gear, you will never run out of mana. I can cast expert/master spells continuosly and have enough regen to never drop below 75% magika. but until then you can always use home made potions to boost.
So far - you cannot spread yourself too thin as you mentioned. It seems you can be awesome at BOWS/MAGIC/MELEE at the same time. Be wise in how you use your perks. I am still getting perks at every level even at 60.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts