• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BlackRat

Use a bow. Join the Dark Brotherhood. The end.

If you're looking for a perfect set of perks and stats... can't help you. There are other threads on here already for archers if you search.

Titanburner

Premium Member
I was wondering if people could help me out with a archer/ assasin build :)
http://skyrimcalculator.com/#3480

This would be my own personal opinion as to a solid archer/assassin build. Leveling up smithing and enchanting will allow you to get the added bonuses to your weapons and armor. (A must have in any build seeking viability besides pure mage I believe).

Titanburner

Premium Member
Use a bow. Join the Dark Brotherhood. The end.

If you're looking for a perfect set of perks and stats... can't help you. There are other threads on here already for archers if you search.

Or you can just keep those unhelpful thoughts in your head and go to the next thread....Seriously if your not going to try and help the guy why even post on a thread like this?

BlackRat

A) There are several archer build threads already.
B) it was tongue in cheek... and a nod towards the fact that the game and your character are what you make them.
C) I don't have the perfect set of stats and perks to make the perfect archer/assassin character
D) I felt like being a bit of a smartass, not being aware that I was going to annoy the White Knights of the forum.
But... in the interest of being helpful... here you go...

"Most perk points into archery, some into alchemy (poisoned arrows are awesome, IF your character is ethically and morally slippery). A lot of points into sneak... and a LOT of levelling into stamina... you're going to need to be able to run... and a high stamina means you can outrun most."

Titanburner

Premium Member
A) There are several archer build threads already.
B) it was tongue in cheek... and a nod towards the fact that the game and your character are what you make them.
C) I don't have the perfect set of stats and perks to make the perfect archer/assassin character
D) I felt like being a bit of a smartass, not being aware that I was going to annoy the White Knights of the forum.
But... in the interest of being helpful... here you go...

"Most perk points into archery, some into alchemy (poisoned arrows are awesome, IF your character is ethically and morally slippery). A lot of points into sneak... and a LOT of levelling into stamina... you're going to need to be able to run... and a high stamina means you can outrun most."

Why not just post this part -

to begin with and continue on? And as far as point D) find another forum to be a smartass on because its not welcome here.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Take a breather, re-read Point B, and get over it.
Or maybe next time you take my advice and just move onto the next topic instead of being a smartass? I'd rather have 100 people on here asking the same questions then one douche unwilling to help and throwing unwelcome smartass remarks into threads of people seeking help on the game. Im sure alot of the other members on here feel the same... With that im done arguing with you.

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
Just the build I've been managing! I'm just going to tell you what I've got on my build and maybe you can draw certain aspects from it or just do whatever you want with it really. First of all, some of the Dark Brotherhood Armour has a +30% damage with bows enchantment which is really useful so keep and eye out for that. I've put my smithing up quite high because it means that when it comes to bows which aren't overly powerful when you start off, you can make a few adjustments and make them worth shooting. Putting your sneak high is a complete must, honestly, when you get the perk so that a sneak bow attack does x3 damage, you'll be able to take down most enemies with relative ease. Obviously level up your archery...kind of self explanatory but just so you know xD As far as tactics goes, sneaking is extremely important because in a 1 on 1 unless you have a high level, you wont stand much of a chance against powerful enemy without loosing a lot of health. If you're just starting up, stick with it! It is extremely hard to start archery I found because when you first begin, bows literally do no damage, but in time you'll find it very satisfying and very fun. I'm level 25 and can take down a dragon :) Also, investing in a mercenary would be a good idea. It's just someone else for the enemy to shoot at really so you can whittle them down before they attack you, and it just makes things easier because at close range, you'll be loosing a lot of health. Good luck and if you have any other questions or want me to go into extreme detail, please just PM me :)

King Archer

Level up health and stamina only, with about 2 to 1 ratio in health. Put all your perks into archery, light armor and sneak. Wear as much bows get extra damage gear as you can. Rape everything in your way, even on master.

Its funner without having any followers, its way too easy as it is, having a follower just makes it retardedly easy and no fun.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Level up health and stamina only, with about 2 to 1 ratio in health. Put all your perks into archery, light armor and sneak. Wear as much bows get extra damage gear as you can. Rape everything in your way, even on master.

Its funner without having any followers, its way too easy as it is, having a follower just makes it retardedly easy and no fun.

I agree on putting your level ups into Health and Stamina. Not only will stamina help you run away to get distance on your enemies but it also lets you hold your breath longer when doing your 'Aimed' shot.

I'd level up SNEAK, SMITHING and ARCHERY and can decide between LIGHT ARMOR, ONE HANDED, or SPEECH. Being an Assassin having a high Speech will sometimes allow you to bribe the guards instead of paying a hefty murder fine or going to jail. Sneak is easy to build up as you just have to sneak all the time, trainers make archery rather easy to get up until around level 40. Speech will level up everytime you sucessfully use your Persuade option and through bartering with vendors.

Right now I have the perfect balance for my Level 27 Wood Elf. She has 130 Magicka, 300 Health and 200 Stamina. My Sneak is 75, Speech is 75, Archery is 60, and Smithing is 60 and I roam the vast wilderness of Skyrim without fear. It's those cramped, narrow dungeons that prove to be my undoing.

Shick

I decided to make my second character about that same as you and here's what I did. I made sure I mastered Smithing as fast as possible. It's always a nice bonus to be wearing better armor than anyone you're fightin (However, materials for higher up armors aren't available immediately.) I mainly used a bow at first to level up my sneaking and archery. Once I leveled up a decent amount I started using a dagger, mainly used one so I could also level block at the same time instead of going with a dual setup. Also, with having higher rated armor than your opponents I could afford to only use one dagger. The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will set you up for armor. Eventually when I play these games I end up wearing armor for what I like as to what is best. My preference is the armor from the Thieves Guild. Most of my skill points went into Stamina on a 3-1 Stamina/Health setup. Hope this helps! :)

Starr

I hit level 60 today and use a variety of weapons - especially the BOW. Nothing beats 1 shotting from afar in sneak or killing dragons in 4 shots.
I concur with several other posts above that you need to max smithing/enchanting/alchemy as I have done.
You need to make a Daedric Bow with Health leech and elemental damage of your choice (DUAL enchants) - mine leeches for 31 health and does 49 fire damage.
You need smithing to make it and improve it so its base damage is 180-190 like mine. In order to max smithing you need both enchanting and alchemy maxed. Enchanting to make you 4 pieces of +25% smithing gear (hands,neck,ring,chest) and Alchemy to make you the +98%(what mine is ATM) smithing potions to max out the damage. Enchanting is then needed to max out the bonus damages (Dual enchants) and alchemy is again needed to make the +30% enchant bonus potion.
Then on top of all that you need to make the marksmanship potion +100% damage for 60 secs and to make 4 pieces of Archery gear( all dual enchanted BTW) with each having between 40-50% bonus BOW damage.
Throw a poison on it too if you like.
Then of course you have the various perks to further increase damage/sneak.
I really wish we could see actual damages being done in game but i can 1 shot mammoths and kill dragons in 4 on Expert Level game settings.

King Archer

I hit level 60 today and use a variety of weapons - especially the BOW. Nothing beats 1 shotting from afar in sneak or killing dragons in 4 shots.
I concur with several other posts above that you need to max smithing/enchanting/alchemy as I have done.
You need to make a Daedric Bow with Health leech and elemental damage of your choice (DUAL enchants) - mine leeches for 31 health and does 49 fire damage.
You need smithing to make it and improve it so its base damage is 180-190 like mine. In order to max smithing you need both enchanting and alchemy maxed. Enchanting to make you 4 pieces of +25% smithing gear (hands,neck,ring,chest) and Alchemy to make you the +98%(what mine is ATM) smithing potions to max out the damage. Enchanting is then needed to max out the bonus damages (Dual enchants) and alchemy is again needed to make the +30% enchant bonus potion.
Then on top of all that you need to make the marksmanship potion +100% damage for 60 secs and to make 4 pieces of Archery gear( all dual enchanted BTW) with each having between 40-50% bonus BOW damage.
Throw a poison on it too if you like.
Then of course you have the various perks to further increase damage/sneak.
I really wish we could see actual damages being done in game but i can 1 shot mammoths and kill dragons in 4 on Expert Level game settings.

Good stuff, looks like you pretty much perfected it. Only thing is it cant be very fun playing like that, there would be no challenge at all, still cool though. I doubt i'll still be playing the game anymore by the time it gets to that point.... level 41 now and starting to get a bit bored, probably about a few days from getting completely bored and going back to battlefield 3 or something.

mrdeath5493

Good stuff, looks like you pretty much perfected it. Only thing is it cant be very fun playing like that, there would be no challenge at all, still cool though. I doubt i'll still be playing the game anymore by the time it gets to that point.... level 41 now and starting to get a bit bored, probably about a few days from getting completely bored and going back to battlefield 3 or something.

You can't break the game if u turn the difficulty up. I got my stealth bow shots up to over 1000 damage, but after turning it to master its still really hard to kill things that are supposed to be hard.

King Archer

You can't break the game if u turn the difficulty up. I got my stealth bow shots up to over 1000 damage, but after turning it to master its still really hard to kill things that are supposed to be hard.

Depends what your definition of 'hard' is. I play on master and my stealth bow is probably only doing around 450-500 right now and i think its ridiculously easy. And I havent even messed around with leveling up smithing, enchanting or alchemy very much. If i did that it would be pretty much 1 hit kills on everything besides dragons or the toughest bosses like starr mentioned.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts