Arch-Mage guide (guide to being 50 archer 50 mage)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I know i know arch-mage is the leader of the college but it sounds cool and i love the class so DEAL with it. RACE: High elf/Wood elf. High elf if your focusing mostly on mage but want a little archery tips. Wood elf the complete opposite. You need to work a little extra with both to get that sweet 50/50 master arch-mage. SKILLS: Archery (obviously) Destruction Restoration Light armor. Its pretty obvious why these skills are needed (you can have illusion and alteration mayber even one handed if you want a arch-battlemage but thats a different thread to post.) SHOUT: Slow-time, unrelenting force. You might be surprised on how efficient slow time is if your a arch-mage it helps IMMENSELY with your archery. Fus ro dah (unrelenting force) is needed in case they come closer that you want and start hacking away at your light defense. MOST IMPORTANT ARMOR: I say spellbreaker defentily, this artifact is very well used in case of dragons or other mages come by, yes you can say that the Actual Arch-mage robes are better or Krosis/ Morokie/Nakhrim is better but i like spellbreaker and it helps more than you think. MOST IMPORTANT WEAPON: Bow/magic nuff said (if you really want to get down to it id say Blizzard/Nightingale bow/Daedric bow and maybe even Conjure Dremora lord for those tight battles but hey whatever you like.) Well guys thats it for the Arc-mage build please comment on what you think and ask me if you want to see another build CYA

wakka

damn nature you scary
so you use a bow and Destruction ? i might be missing the point here but having 2 ranged skills that cant be used together e.g have to change to fireball back to bow seems a bit pointless to me. is this for RP ? or is the bow for back up if you run out of mana ? if i'm missing the hole picture here, feel free explain why i have got it wrong :D

yes. key is to really focus more on conjuration and illusion and if you run into trouble you use your bow. Destruction helps but only if you feel like using it sorry i left that out

defenitly morer of the conjuration summoner prospect. the BEST thing to do is either get conjure familiar (i know bad summon but when your a low level you can easily help the hound while it goes to try to kill them with your bow, it could also be done with a follower. bet the BEST BEST thing is get a specteral assassain and just sick himm uppon them and use your bow to help. Illusion (forgot to say conjure dremora lord is also really really good) is of use to strike fear or calm down them and then use your bow to catch them offguard

wakka

damn nature you scary
i can def see that a conjuration/Illusion archer would be a very viable spec :D my newest char is a illusion archer what i'm finding pretty fun, might put some perks in to conjuration to mix it up.

Necromis

not sure I understand your build based on your title. I might suggest using Breton, for the high conjuration skill, juse the bound sword and bound bow spells, and conjure your self some fire/frost/storm anties for back up. I agree using the sneak skill and light armour would be good, and illusion will be helpful, but otherwise you really have not make a arch-mage, but a mage that has a bow for back up. at least based on your comments. Really speaking if you are using destruction a bow is the last thing you would need, a melee weapon would be, as destruction is your distance weapon. But this is only my opinion and yours might differ.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts