PC Appcrash randomly during gameplay

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NoxNoctura

I've only had the game for about 5 days, and it plays beautifully. But every once in a while (very randomly it seems) the game crashes with an "Appcrash" error in TESV.EXE. Anyone know why this could be happening? Sometimes it'll go for 2-3 hours without a problem. Other times, it'll crash 10 minutes after I start the game up.

NoxNoctura

Here's some details...

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: TESV.exe

Application Version: 1.2.12.0

Application Timestamp: 4ec6cb55

Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111bf

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000c678c

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 8210

Additional Information 2: 82109204b3973566ace818217390e302

Additional Information 3: 8210

Additional Information 4: 82109204b3973566ace818217390e302

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
There's two KNOWN things that could cause this:
1. You don't have the game legally and an update failed.
2. You're trying to run the game using the crapola 3D drivers that are currently out.

3. (Maybe) Dude, the game is buggy as hell. I get random crashes all the time, however ever since I went into properties for the game and ticked "Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable Desktop Composition", I haven't gotten a crash since. I'm not sure why this worked for me, but I say give it a try.

NoxNoctura

Legal copy, latest catalyst drivers...I was just wondering if it was a widespread issue that other people were having or if it was just me. Everything I've searched online has usually come up in another language and appears to be catered toward pirated copies of the game.

I'll try the suggestions in your post and see if it changes anything.

NoxNoctura

Well, it still randomly crashes. Also, I get a guaranteed lockup/crash when I try to exit the game. It just freezes up, and when I ctrl+alt+del to open up task manager it shows that TESV.EXE has stopped responding. This one isn't a huge problem...but still kinda annoying. Is there somewhere to submit these bugs and crashes to Bethesda's programmers?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Only an unofficial place that I know of, so I don't think it'll do you any good. I forgot to ask if you had any mods or if you've tried using the 4GB mod?

Usually when you get an appcrash based on kernel32.dll it's because you have a corrupt driver somewhere, corrupt data, or some anomaly that is hard to figure out. Which makes me think you should try re-installing your video driver.

NoxNoctura

Yeah, I have the 4gb patch installed...it actually caused the error to go from a BEX error to an APPCRASH error whenever it happens. I tried reinstalling my display drivers. Still the same response. I've tried using the vanilla .ini as well as modified entries. I've found that (for some reason) alt-tabbing out of the game occasionally seems to allow me to prolong my gameplay without crashing.

It's so weird...lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts