Anyway to make stolen items unstolen?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyrone

Let's just say I have a blade of woes without doing the dark brotherhood quests, and without killing astrid...

I have already tried reverse-pickpocketing it onto a vagrant in the ratway and then killing him, but it is still marked as stolen. I also have tried selling it to Tonilla and then buying it back, it still tells me it is stolen.

Tyrone

You can't remove a stolen tag from an item.

Actually I found a way to make it where the item appears to be stolen, as in if put in container it will still be red, but will not be taken by guards if you perform a crime. Here's the excerpt from the elder scrolls wiki that worked for me.
  • Wizard's Dresser
​Another method (as of PS3 Patch 1.5) is to take the stolen items to Dragonsreach and enter the doors to the right of the Arcane Enchanter. This is where the court wizard Farengar Secret-Fire sleeps. There is a dresser on the right as the player enters the room. Place all the stolen items into the dresser and have a follower take them. When the items are taken from the follower, the stolen flag is gone. [Confirmed for XBox360] [Confirmed for PC as for latest patch including Dawnguard] My personal note: DO use hired follower. For example Uthgerd. Housecarls did not work for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts