Anyone know this weapon?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kattus

Hey guys,

I was roaming around Volunruud killing Draugr Wights and whatnot when I came across this strange looking weapon (in the file attached). It was lying on the floor, likely dropped by an opponent I killed, but I wasn't able to pick it up. I searched the dead guys I could find but none of them had any extraordinary weapons on them, just ancient Nord stuff. I could however shout the sword across the room, just not pick it up or even move it with E.
My guess is I probably couldn't find the right corpse and therefor was unable to loot it?
Anyways I'd really like to know what kind of sword this is. Google just showed me the usual glass weapons when I searched for "green sword" / "green glowing sword" and the likes.

See ya!
Kattus

Attachments

• ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 35

Bipolar Nord

Just another fanatical gamer
A little bit more shiny, but it definitely looks like Nightingale to me.

2q1gadz.jpg

Bipolar Nord

Just another fanatical gamer
That's a good question. Possibly a glitch? I've seen stranger things happen in the land of the Nords. One time, I exited a cave only to be greeted by a dead dragon and best of all, I didn't kill him prior to entering the cave.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Hey guys,

I was roaming around Volunruud killing Draugr Wights and whatnot when I came across this strange looking weapon (in the file attached). It was lying on the floor, likely dropped by an opponent I killed, but I wasn't able to pick it up. I searched the dead guys I could find but none of them had any extraordinary weapons on them, just ancient Nord stuff. I could however shout the sword across the room, just not pick it up or even move it with E.
My guess is I probably couldn't find the right corpse and therefor was unable to loot it?
Anyways I'd really like to know what kind of sword this is. Google just showed me the usual glass weapons when I searched for "green sword" / "green glowing sword" and the likes.

See ya!
Kattus

Do you have much mods active, you recently started modding (Saw your intro ;)). Maybe one of those effect weapons.

If that isn't the case, perhaps @JoeReese knows, I know he mods weapons..

Kattus

Do you have much mods active, you recently started modding (Saw your intro ;)). Maybe one of those effect weapons.

Mystery solved!

I don't have any weapon mods so far as I am currently mainly trying to achieve a nice mage gameplay but as you suggested I looked into my mods in search of anything that could have spawned a weird green nightingale blade. I'm using Midas Magic & Midas Magic Evolved and they have a Blade missile spell. I never really used that one, must have accidentally fired it around in the dungeon. Anyways, it indeed fires green glowing nightingale blades that keep laying around everywhere. Too bad, I was hoping to wield that thing as an actual weapon. It's damn pretty.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

Mystery solved!

I don't have any weapon mods so far as I am currently mainly trying to achieve a nice mage gameplay but as you suggested I looked into my mods in search of anything that could have spawned a weird green nightingale blade. I'm using Midas Magic & Midas Magic Evolved and they have a Blade missile spell. I never really used that one, must have accidentally fired it around in the dungeon. Anyways, it indeed fires green glowing nightingale blades that keep laying around everywhere. Too bad, I was hoping to wield that thing as an actual weapon. It's damn pretty.

Glad it got solved :) Blade missile does sound awesome. I only have Skyrim for the 360, so no mods for me..

Reactions: Sah

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Glad it got solved :) Blade missile does sound awesome. I only have Skyrim for the 360, so no mods for me..

It's by far not the most fun spell in that spell pack, but most of them are ridiculously overpowered! :ashstab:
Overpowered can be fun, you can always up the difficulty ;)

Kattus

It's by far not the most fun spell in that spell pack, but most of them are ridiculously overpowered! :ashstab:
Overpowered can be fun, you can always up the difficulty ;)

Yeah, there's always that :D but I'm indeed having loads of fun blowing everything up Goku style, I'm not playing all too seriously right now so I'm totally down for ridiculous spells. Bring down Ragnarok upon Skyrim and have the whole world explode in fire and ashes? Sure, why not! :cool: Also, one spell basically has the Wabbajack effect. Hehe, sure love that one!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Yeah, there's always that :D but I'm indeed having loads of fun blowing everything up Goku style, I'm not playing all too seriously right now so I'm totally down for ridiculous spells. Bring down Ragnarok upon Skyrim and have the whole world explode in fire and ashes? Sure, why not! :cool: Also, one spell basically has the Wabbajack effect. Hehe, sure love that one!

I don't really recall what Wabbajack did again, it has been a long time since I actually played Skyrim, haha.

Kattus

I don't really recall what Wabbajack did again, it has been a long time since I actually played Skyrim, haha.

Basically just random plops. Could turn the victim into a mudcrab, or explode them in a ball of fire :D you never know

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Basically just random pl***. Could turn the victim into a mudcrab, or explode them in a ball of fire :D you never know

Ah, yes! That's fun indeed! I was confused with the Dream staff, Staff of Corruption if I'm right.

Last edited:

Sah

hi this one is glad every one is happy now....problem solved:)

if you use MODS try Immersive Weapons from nexus (massive file) besides all the extra weapons....it lets you make replicas of any weapons the game gives....you can make a replica of the Nightingale blade (as long as you have it in your inventory) .........the weapon you make only has the base damage...but no enchantments....so you can customize it to your own needs (enchanting)
:cool:

Kattus

hi this one is glad every one is happy now....problem solved:)

if you use MODS try Immersive Weapons from nexus (massive file) besides all the extra weapons....it lets you make replicas of any weapons the game gives....you can make a replica of the Nightingale blade (as long as you have it in your inventory) .........the weapon you make only has the base damage...but no enchantments....so you can customize it to your own needs (enchanting)
:cool:

Great tip, thanks a lot!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts