Anyone got some tips for someone new to fanfiction?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I've done fantasy and historical fiction before, and I love Skyrim to freaking death. So I want to get into fanfiction. Anyone got tips for me, things to look for / avoid?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well fanfic is pretty open ended. Some people stick closely to canon while others make up their own stuff to go along with it. It's all really up to you and the story you want to tell. Fanfic is no different than writing unique fantasy or whatnot, you just have stuff already done up for you to draw from.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Well fanfic is pretty open ended. Some people stick closely to canon while others make up their own stuff to go along with it. It's all really up to you and the story you want to tell. Fanfic is no different than writing unique fantasy or whatnot, you just have stuff already done up for you to draw from.

Mhm, I see.
I'm thinking, if I ever do start writing a Skyrim fanfiction, I'll stick to the lore while making up some non-canon factions and locations.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts