Anybody willing to look at a full mod list and give some advice on conflicts or load order?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
As above, really. If you're willing to give up some of your time to help out, it'd be hugely appreciated. You'd also get a massive thankyou on any Let's Plays I create.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you what I've got so far.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm new to modding Skyrim, but I could look. Best thing you can do for yourself is carefully read the requirements of each mod to ensure you a) have all the required files, and b) put them in the correct load order.

Downloading LOOT (Load Order Organization Tool) does a lot to help with that, but can't get everything right, so make sure to check the order after you apply the LOOT changes to make sure any files necessary for certain effects (for instance, Amazing Follower Tweaks should be placed after (lower than) any standalone followers, or mods adding followers to the world, not because it provides conflict, but because any follower that loads after AFT will not be affected by it).

It couldn't hurt to make sure you have TES5Edit, which helps clean up file scripts, I believe, which some mods need, or could very greatly benefit from (such as the unofficial patches).

I have no idea if you've tried it all and it just hasn't worked, or if you ddidn't know about LOOT and TESEdit, but I've had to resolve some mod conflicts recently, and these took care of everything. Except the crafting overhaul -- I'm still not sure what it was about the weapons and armor fix that was causing a CTD, but I intend to find out.

Lastly, if all else fails, you just have to disable everything up to the last stable configuration and do the things that cause CTD's (or whatever other issues you're seeing), to identify the specific culprit.

That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject to date. I hope it clears up the issue, though.

AS88

Staff member
Thanks, Cords.

I have had a mod list running about 40 mods with little to no issue. Perfectionist that I am, though, I completely wiped everything to start again. I threw myself into creating my perfect mod list, trying to make sure there would be no conflicts or anything to cause issue, but to have the perfect game for my needs. I've ended up with a list of about 100 or more mods, some of which are very small, some much larger. I'm really trying to get it under that mark, though.

I can't say I've ever tried LOOT or tes5edit. It looked quite technical for a rookie modder, but once I narrow my mod list down and start downloading stuff I might give them a try.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
LOOT is super noob friendly. You just click the middle button and apply the changes it makes to the load order. It will tell you which files could use a TES5Edit touchup, but you're not required to do any of that to make it work.

Then just go back into your mod manager and double check for files that need to load in a certain order (as illustrated in my previous post), and you'll be good to go.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts