Any way to avoid bandits, giants, etc..?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I love the immersion aspect of having to maintain and protect your home. But it's getting a bit stale having to make it a point to save before every attempt to go back to the house, or even walk out the front door.

If the bard could be replaced should he die, it wouldn't be so bad. Children getting killed is still pretty limited since there are so few you can adopt. Stewards I'm not too worried about since there is a huge supply of them.

Is there any mechanic to at least improve the relative safety of the region? I've bought more than my fair share of chickens and cows.

It would be nice if my steward could go out and hire guards to protect the homestead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I haven't found a real solution but do find that, if I do not fast-travel to my homes, there are far fewer giant, bandit, vampire, etc... attacks. I also find that, if I make my housecarl my steward, I see far less. Besides, they only happen about every 30 days and if you stay unmarried and don't have children all you really lose is a cow and some chickens anyhow.

Dovahkiir

The way to avoid Giants etc attacking (other than opening the Creation Kit) is to visit your house often, the quest only kicks in after you've stayed away for a few in-games days, 3 days seems to be the minimum.

Kids can't die under any circumstances (unless you mod it) so don't worry about them.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The way to avoid Giants etc attacking (other than opening the Creation Kit) is to visit your house often, the quest only kicks in after you've stayed away for a few in-games days, 3 days seems to be the minimum.

Kids can't die under any circumstances (unless you mod it) so don't worry about them.
I wonder if the multiple lightning strike/disintegrate trick I use on "essential" NPCs when the get on my nerves works on kids too. Sure they still exist (as a pile of ash) that you can interact with, but at least their just a pile of glowing ash and don't make comments when you walk past. I would especially like to do it to Braith now that both her parents are dead from vampire attacks. Frankly, I do not feel sorry for her in the least. Maybe I need to get on PC so I can make her killable by one of the other kids. I know that Lucia would be more than happy to as I'm sure that Battle-born kid would. Hey, I'll even provide the weapons.

Dovahkiir

Maybe I need to get on PC so I can make her killable by one of the other kids. I know that Lucia would be more than happy to as I'm sure that Battle-born kid would. Hey, I'll even provide the weapons.

Ah, the joy of having a PC. Braith died at the hands of her own father in one play, casting fury is such fun. He just walked away without a backward glance. Some parent.

N.B. if both her parents are dead she should be booted off to Honorhall Orphanage to join the orphans there, or is that only Hearthfire?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts