Any developers here?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I want to try learning. I looked over oblivion modding tutorial and it doesn't seem all that bad. I know how to program so scripting shouldn't be all that bad.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
If you were in need of my (mostly untested) skills as a story writer I’d be up for it. That is, if you are talking about doing quest mods and not just some added gameplay mechanics, texture packs and the like.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I have no experience at this at all, sadly. I want to learn, though. :)

I think something like a realism mod would be awesome. I mean, stuff that removes the whole HUD as well as having to eat and drink every few days otherwise you start losing health etc. That would be hard to develop if you're new, though, so you're better starting off small.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
No problemo. I usually keep a “criticism diary” of sorts when playing a game where I denote what I enjoyed, what I disliked and what I think could be improved or added.

Flamingtaco

Once I find anything I dislike I may teach myself to mod so I can fix it in the beginnign when there are few modders. I might do some quest mods. I'd really like to remake parts of cyrodil or other provinces as they would appear in that time period, but I don't know if I'd have the means to accomplsih that/

Travis

I'm like most here, I haven't done it before, but it is something I would be really interseted in trying. If you guys decide to try you hand at a mod, I would love to take part. I have a little programming xp, and a little xp with UDK.

@Demut, Only you would keep a criticism diary Demut :)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, it sounds like more than it really is. Usually it just consists of a sheet of DIN A4 paper on which I scribble some notes regarding improvements/downsides/upsides of the game so that if I share my impressions later on I can instantly recall everything that crossed my mind during the game. And it’s not like I am doing this nonstop. Maybe once per session I write something down, possibly even less frequent.

Travis

Well, it sounds like more than it really is. Usually it just consists of a sheet of DIN A4 paper on which I scribble some notes regarding improvements/downsides/upsides of the game so that if I share my impressions later on I can instantly recall everything that crossed my mind during the game. And it’s not like I am doing this nonstop. Maybe once per session I write something down, possibly even less frequent.
That makes sense. You should be a critic or reviewer for a gaming magazine/website. Do you have a site you like best for reviews?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I rarely read reviews myself to be honest.

You should be a critic or reviewer for a gaming magazine/website.
This is actually what I am striving for (among other possibilities).

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I wrote “striving” but so far it is only a plan. I haven’t done anything to achieve it so far. But I think I might start writing some articles and send them to magazines during my internship which I recently took up. Some of the people there already offered me some contacts to relevant ones.

Travis

I wrote “striving” but so far it is only a plan. I haven’t done anything to achieve it so far. But I think I might start writing some articles and send them to magazines during my internship which I recently took up. Some of the people there already offered me some contacts to relevant ones.
Nice. I hope you have good luck. Video game journalism has always really appealed to me as a career, but I'm not a very good writer, so... I have never really pursued the dream.

LordTalos

I would love to be able to mod. I'm definitely going to start learning some basics in my free time and hopefully make something of it.
These couple of weeks i've been experimenting with 3D moddeling and building characters and it's far from easy......

PunWisp

War Mage
I would love to mod, its just knowing how, and putting the time and commitment into it. I could help with ideas? Mod wise the best for learning is to start small on simple stuff, and as people learn, go bigger and bigger.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts