• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    I'm deeply entrenched in the whole RTS gaming genre, commanding peasants and knights about, setting taxes and waging them wars, why not make an RP of it?

The reason with this thread is just a pre-check for any interest in an RP based on RTS? Commanding your country about, making alliances or foes, what's not to like?

This will be OUT OF TAMRIEL HOWEVER! The races and history can still be the same, but the locations will all be changed, as this is outside of Tamriel, in another continent/continents that I'll make a custom made map for if the interest is enough!

Warning though: You'll need to be active with this RP, and if you don't personally have a passion for the whole "ruling mindset", I would honestly not propose you to join, since it'll take large posts than the typical "dungeons and dragons" sort of RPs.. Tough love, but I've seen lots of RTS RPs die out from this!

So just hit me up if you're interested at all, or got any questions! I haven't gotten ANY idea whatsoever about what the new world will be, what the history will be, or anything, so any suggestions or help with figuring that out is appreciated as well!

Hip hip cheerio

//iGHorse

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Hmm... I may be interested, especially considering my recent obsession with Civ 5 and XCOM. Though I do have a lot of work to do and a fair few other RPs to deal with... I'll let you know.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Yo, I love RTS games. My absolute favorite game ever, Rise of Legends, is a RTS game.

I would definitely be interested in a RTS-esque RP. While I'm not too crazy about making an original world, as I don't really see the explicit purpose of creating a new world and not just molding Tamriel, it's a worthy idea.

I've been a part of two of what I believe are the founding RTS-esque or kingdom-based RPs on these forums, these being Dawn of Kingdoms and the too-soon-deceased sequel Dawn of Empires. I would like to say I have some experience in RPing in a RTS, kingdom setting from those two RPs and have plenty of tips and advice gathered from RPing in those in order to keep such a RP afloat. There are some fatal mistakes we made in DoK and DoE that I would like to steer another kingdom-based RP away from.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    I have a pretty active Tamriel RTS RP active right now, Kingdoms of Tamriel, that's why I'm sort of considering another world, it's a bit for my writing as well, I'm started on a book similiar to Game of Thrones and stuff, looking for inspiration and events and happenings from how people perform in this RP, if that makes any sense!

I've never heard of Rise of Legends! I'm a Total War player mostly, Civ as well, and most others I've tried .9

EpicVakarian

As I said, I might be interested in joining if its more heavily based on GoT sort of events. It'd be nice to see a Red Wedding-esque event happen in an RP, and a good change as well :p

EpicVakarian

Yeah. Two things I'd love to see in this RP if it gets going; mind-blowing events like the Red and Purple Weddings, and:
    Epic battles taking place over one city like in Civ. For instance, once as England, I had a city-state ally up near the Zulu. The Zulu, being warmongering SOBs, didn't like this. They denounced me. So I accepted it, grudgingly. Then I proposed embargo the Zulus to World Congress because they kept bullying my city-state ally and other Civs, and they declared war. They began to take my ally down, so I had to do something. Luckily, I'd just adopted Freedom, and I got 6 foreign legions free of charge. I sent them over, reinforced by a fleet of privateers and ships of the line. What ensued was a battle taking place inside a city-state's borders; Zulu soldiers and artillery fighting off my naval artillery and mercenary army. I eventually pushed the Zulu back, protecting my ally and taking one of the Zulu's cities in the process, resulting in Shaka suing for peace and granting me another city. It was possibly the most fun I've ever had in Civ, and I would absolutely love to see something like that in this :p

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    That sounds seriously awesome, so hell yeah we'll try do that, if there's more people interested that is!

Delusional

If it will be in an original world, I'm probably going to have to opt out. While original worlds are fun, I don't believe they're necessary unless you are completely deviating from Elder Scrolls roleplaying. Tamriel is a very versatile continent and you can mold the geopolitical boundaries, climates, landscapes, etc. all you want as long as you provide some reasonable backstory and lore to it.

Also, I would recommend to not draw too heavily from A Song of Ice and Fire. Sure, use some concepts present in the series as inspiration for your own events, but don't draw straight from the series. Original ideas are so much more fun to brainstorm and play out than a replica of an event from an already written series of novels that have evidently become quite popular since the TV show debuted.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    I don't plan on making a "china-version Seven Kingdoms". Just used GoT as an example, since that right now seems to be the biggest thing people could relate to an RP focused on kingdoms more than adventurers. But yeah, thanks for watching the thread anyways then Delusional! If you have any other ideas or anything you want to share, go ahead :)

Delusional

I'll be sure to chime in if I feel I have a good idea or some worthy advice for you guys, yeah.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Epic, that means 3 people for a start, I think if we become 5 people interested in this, we can start thinking of making the continents and lore and all, and start RPing it :)

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Is anything happening with this? If it is I could probably try and find a map for this...

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    I'm looking for other applicants, I have an idea for a map in my head, a 3 continent thing sort of, but needs 2 others at least, or more

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'd be interested, if you'd let me in. Can we choose the weather/ majority of locations in our domain? Also what would be the overall story, other than commanding our own kingdom/hold/whatever you have in mind?

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Overall storyline that I have in mind right now is:

Don't really have a storyline planned out yet, but what I know is 2 players will have guidelines to follow for their kingdoms. One will be the massively overpowered ruling state, a bit like the romans I suppose? They will have grand military assets and manpower, and be the ruling state of the players (self-proclaimed rulers through force I might add.)

The other kingdom will be a weaker one, fighting off an invasion by the massive ruling state, and openly defying the "romans" in warfare, culture, and religion (or anything else you fancy)

The other kingdoms will have a lot of backgrounds to come up with, history of their kingdoms and Houses, past relations with the others, for example. One player could have been long-term allies with the "romans", and have always supported their claim to authority, with gold, soldiers and friendship, while the other players could have been recently forced into obediance by the kingdom, or very long ago as well, a lot of geographical things will make this look in a certain way.

And once everyone's got their "base" of a kingdom CC up, we start planning out how the world looks, what's happened in it, what's invented, what relations there are, what races, climates, etc etc etc, so I guess this will be a pretty big project.

Any questions? It's right now more or less just a brainstorm I've come up with, feel free to add in some other stuff, or "storyline"

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. Can I start work on designing a map now and see what you think, and you can make any changes you want to it?

EpicVakarian

I'm certainly interested. It seems different to the basic kingdoms RP we've seen lately, I like it. I'm happy to play one of the other kingdoms, probably supporting the weaker kingdom in rebellion. I have an idea of what I want, but for now, I'll just let you know I'm in :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts