PC Annoying light flashes

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Czelen

Since I purchased Skyrim from Steam, I've been having this very annoying problem.
Every time I go into an open area and sometimes in towns, mostly during the day, the lighting seems to flash. It's as if my character is entering and leaving a brightly lit area quickly and continuously. I can't necessarily describe it, just as flashes of bright light then normal lighting. Oh, and the mountains in the distance also turn a darker colour of looking at them directly. This seems to make the flashing worse.
I've tried almost everything I could in terms of graphics settings and I've even reinstalled the game twice. It isn't just with one character either, since I've tried making a new one as well.

The strange thing is I just recently tried recording the problem using FRAPS but whilst recording, the flashing ceased. I tried coaxing the problem to reappear, travelling to different areas, walking around a different times, but whenever it's recording, the flashing stops. The instant I stop recording, it starts again.

If anyone knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate the solution very much. This bug is making the game almost unplayable and it's giving me constant headaches.

Thank you.

Ellinder77

I have the same problem. About the recording, I never used software, I just did it from my camera. Look at this:

Also, I am not a computer expert, so if you find a solution could you please walk me through it?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
For the other poster it was a video card driver related problem. What video card and driver do you have? If it's not up to date (do not rely on the system check as it's unreliable - go to the manufacturer site and look at the listing for the most recent non-beta driver) try updating it. If it is up to date try doing a rollback to prior version of driver.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts