Animal extermination greenspring hollow stuck!!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jamezpwnz

earlier in the game i killed the saber cat that i am meant to kill for this quest and now im unable to figure out what to do. The quest location is supposed to be in greensprings hollow but all i see is the quest marker above a dead saber cat. I tried talking to the quest giver but that didnt help.

Roggo

Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem so if you are still stuck on that one, here's the very easy fix (assuming you're playing on PC!):
Go to the hollow and look at the sabre cat, hit the 'tilde' key on the top left of your keyboard to open the console. Click on the sabre cat and then type: resurrect. The sabre should come back to life, whack it down again and the quest is done.

Hope that helps, any trouble message me and I'll try and help more!

Roggo

Roggo

Hi Mankemorfar,

Unfortunately the developer console is only accessible on the PC version (unless a PS3 guru knows better!) so the only way you'll get that quest fixed is by loading an earlier save or if they release a patch that addresses this issue (not likely for a while I reckon).

So your options are to ignore the quest for now and hope for a patch, or to reload an earlier save.

Sorry I can't help more than that!

Caelos

Having the same problem with this Sabre Cat, killed it while going from point A to point B about 20 levels ago and now the quest can not be completed. Playing on Xbox here. Any info on how to fix without having to restart would be greatly appreciated.

Ghost town

Same problem for me. I'm playing this on a 360. I can no longer take part in any other Companion quests. I guess I'm going to be a werewolf for a very long time now.

LadyArgent

It would be nice to know when a fix will go in for the 360. Sounds like there are a lot of glitches though so I'm guessing it will be awhile before fixes.

Lord 0blivion

I figured out that if you reload your previous autosave from whiterun (since you most likely fast travelled from when you talked to Aela in the companions home to greenspring hollow) from before you talked to Aela, you should be able to get a different quest from her. Now this doesn't fix the fact that you killed the animal, but it's a way around the problem.

NOTE:I had this same problem and tried to fix it, figured I'd test something out and it worked. I completed a the previous quest of gathering a Totem before right before getting this new quest.

Hope this helps.

dementia27

I figured out that if you reload your previous autosave from whiterun (since you most likely fast travelled from when you talked to Aela in the companions home to greenspring hollow) from before you talked to Aela, you should be able to get a different quest from her. Now this doesn't fix the fact that you killed the animal, but it's a way around the problem.

NOTE:I had this same problem and tried to fix it, figured I'd test something out and it worked. I completed a the previous quest of gathering a Totem before right before getting this new quest.

Hope this helps.

:mad: i found out today i was looking at you tube and this came up i killed the saber at the beginning i did not know i try using conjugation to bring it back its hope less same results. i have a file saved thank god just before i join the companions.were they make u do mini task then that big quest were all those un dead are.do i talk to aela before joining the companions...please help :sadface:

Windress

For those unable or unwilling to load a previous save, I'd like to point out that Area Maps have a typical reset timer of anywhere from 14 to 30 in-game days (that's a range of about 17 hours to 36 hours in real-time). The area could very well respawn the Sabre in this time period. So if you want to see if you can wait it out, I'd suggest traveling away and doing something else for a day, then returning to this quest.

On PC, if you're stuck because the Sabre Cat is not there or already dead, you only have to enter this code in the console to terminate the task of that quest automatically :

setstage CR02 20

After that, you only have to talk to Aela the Huntress at Whiterun. Good luck!

Kreebie

Hi there. Had this problem as well (on a PS3). The animal extermination quests assigned by Aela are supposed to be random. Save the game each time before speaking to her - if she gives you the Greensprings Hollow sabre cat mission, reload and try again. It took me three times, but she finally gave me another mission that I could complete. I realize this comes a bit late for the initial poster, but hopefully it might help others down the line. Also, if you've completed a few animal extermination quests and she still isn't giving you the dialogue for the werewolf totems, make sure you have the Glenmoril witch head(s) in your inventory. Also learned this the hard way.

Hope this helps.

PROzSHOTz

Yeah I had the same trouble on Xbox,so I just killed Aela and now hopefully be able to restart it since I also failed that mission.

Loxoceles

I have had the Greenspring glitch forever. I was excited to see two possible fixes in this thread.
I went to the input process on my pc and typed in "Completequest cr02" and got a msg that said there was no such input recognized.
Oh well,
I typed in "Setstage CR02" and got a blah blah compiled response. Viola ? Thought maybe I had a fix.
So I went to Aela and told her I was looking for work. Got the usual response, take care of the task I gave you. ie the Greenspring non-existent cat.
Wish there was a fix for the glitch. My task marker stays at Greenspring Hollow and I get a bunch of
respawned loot from the hunter each time I go there. But I would like to do some more Companion
tasks and that's not possible with an unfinished task pending.

Stealthy_kajiit

Hope this helps.
I JUST KILLED A FLUFFING DRAGON AT THE HOLLOW IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY!!!!!!!

Jetskijrod

I figured out th previous autosave from whiterun (since youhen you talked to Aela in the companions home to greenspring hollow) from before you talked to Aela, you should be able to get a different quest from her. Now this doesn't fix the fact that you killed the animal, but it's a way around the problem.

Hope this helps.
earlier in the game i killed the saber cat that i am meant to kill for this quest and now im unable to figure out what to do. The quest location is supposed to be in greensprings hollow but all i see is the quest marker above a dead saber cat. I tried talking to the quest giver but that didnt help.

Hope this helps.
I know this may be late but I'm sure it will help someone. Since the console's have now embraced mods there is one that can help you fix this glitch. Simply download the resurrect mod. This allows you to learn the spell RESURRECT. Once you learn it, if the savor cat body is still present, you can use this spell and then kill it again. It should reset it to where you can complete the quest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts