Angeline Morrard banished to Castle Volkihar Balcony (fast travel glitch)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Bear with me on this one... in my current play through the NPC Angeline Morrard has somehow been transported to the Castle Volkihar Balcony and is stuck there, never returning to Angeline's Aromatics.

I think this happened during a session of power levelling alchemy, where my strategy was basically to fast travel from alchemy vendor to alchemy vendor, buying ingredients, mixing them into potions and selling them to buy more ingredients and so on, so there was inevitably a lot of running in and out of shops and fast travelling in quick succession.

Two of the places on this circuit were Angeline's Aromatics in Solitude and the Volkihar Balcony (being the quickest way to get to Valerica's Study).

I noticed that sometimes if I exited Angeline's Aromatics while she was mid-sentence, she would appear outside with me in Solitude. On this occasion I think this happened but the split second I left the shop I fast-travelled to Castle Volkihar Balcony, and lo and behold she was beside me when I arrived. I decided to just play on rather than re-loading, assuming that she would just make her way back to her shop...but she hasn't.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and if so is there any way to get her back to her shop?

Thanks!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
What a peculiar and rather unique little bug you’ve discovered! I’ve never heard of this happening before, however in your wonderful description of what happened seems to give me a decent idea of what you might have to do in order to fix it. Go back to a previous save where she is still in her shop. Seems simple, and might lose some progress for you—however based on what you described it seems it’s the only course of action you have. From that point on try experimenting with the order in which you grind when in her little sector as well. Try leaving her shop, then the city then fast travel and see if that keeps it from happening again.

Sorry for the brief response, I’d do you better however I am currently restricted to using my phone to help at the moment. Let me know if this helps at all! Good luck! :D

Well if anyone's interested I managed to fix this by using the "moveto player" console command, not sure why I never thought of that before. Angeline is now back in her shop and carrying on as normal (I wonder if that would still have been the case if I had executed the moveto player command while I was standing somewhere other than inside her shop - e.g. outside in the wilderness - would she have still made her way back to her shop eventually?).

I still haven't figured out how this happened in the first place!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts