• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Andromeda is set in the Mass Effect universe, twenty-five years after the end of the Reaper War. If you were a member of either Sid's thread, Cerberus: The Second Head, or Simus' thread, Aftermath, you are welcome to apply for Andromeda too; that's not to say newcomers aren't welcome, however applicants might have to include writing samples in their character sheets. The basis for the backstory, current situation of the galaxy and plot is below.

Thanks to @Simus for his great support and advice on organising this thread.

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER MASS EFFECT 3?
    • Commander Jane Shepard activated the Crucible and destroyed the Reapers, miraculously surviving her ordeal aboard the Citadel.
    • The Catalyst did not lie; the Crucible didn't discriminate against the Reapers. EDI and the geth were killed after the Crucible fired.
    • The mass relays were damaged heavily, but the network was repaired within eighteen months.
    • Gunnery Chief Ashley Williams sacrificed herself on Virmire to buy Shepard time to stop Saren and Sovereign.
    • The rachni were spared on Noveria and Utukku, and are now proud members of the Citadel community. They have their own embassy, but require an asari messenger to relay their song into speech. Human diplomats have nicknamed the messenger "Hermes".
    • Tuchanka's 1500-year nuclear apocalypse is coming to an end; krogan infrastructure and architecture has cropped up over the planet remarkably fast, as have krogan children. The krogan population has increased tenfold since the implementation of the genophage cure, and it is not uncommon to find young krogan named Mordin, after their salarian saviour.
    • Balak was overthrown, and the batarian Hegemony is now under the control of a far less fanatical leader. Most batarians have abandoned their ravaged homeworld, Khar'shan, but some more resilient members of the species have settled themselves there, attempting to rebuild the best they can.
    • Due to the geth's destruction, the quarians have been delayed in bringing their immune systems up to strength, but they are now getting to the point where their enviro-suits are no longer necessary on Rannoch. However, most quarians still wear their suits aboard ships or on colony worlds, for both tradition and safety. They are attempting to rebuild the geth as closely as possible, but are yet to make a breakthrough; 300 years of unpredictable synthetic evolution meant that no quarian could even hope to make the geth exactly the same. However, they do hope to at least grant the geth their individuality once more, and live peacefully alongside them.
    • The Leviathans, who were reclusive at best during the war, have since dropped out of contact entirely. No-one knows what they have done since the Reapers' destruction, but as they were never entirely trusted in the first place, the governments have left them to their own devices, assuming they have simply retreated back into their position of hiding from before the War.
    • Commander Shepard helped Aria T'Loak retake Omega from Cerberus' General Oleg Petrovsky, but taught her along the way to care more for her people. While Aria still doesn't really care for her people's wellbeing, she makes sure they see her as a good leader, mainly to keep her position of power. She co-ordinates closely with the Talons to maintain security without oppressing the people of Omega.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIENDS AND SQUADMATES?
    • Jane Shepard and Garrus Vakarian tried for a child, but as predicted, their biologies did not work well together. They were visiting Urdnot Wrex on Tuchanka when Shepard had her miscarriage, and Wrex found her crying. He instinctively knew what had happened; he'd lived under the genophage's curse his entire life. He comforted Shepard and offered her one of his own children to adopt, assuring her he had too many already. Six months later, she and Garrus had decided to take up Wrex's offer, and adopted a newborn krogan baby, whom they named Urdnot Thane. Shepard's experience dealing with Grunt's adolescence made her an excellent mother to the krogan, and two years later, the couple adopted two more children; a human and a turian, both bearing only temporary names as both their fathers had died fighting the Reapers, and their mothers had died in childbirth. After some deliberation, the human child was named Arryn Vakarian, and the turian named Adrien Shepard. These three children get on extremely well together, and are like nieces and nephews to the old Normandy crew.
    • Tali'Zorah vas Normandy is leading the quarian scientists and engineers responsible for rebuilding the geth. She is careful to maintain the geth's networked, collective intelligence; improving on the schematics for the original geth, rather than guessing based on the geth who fought the Reapers.
    • Urdnot Grunt still leads Aralakh Company, and is one of Wrex's closest friends.
    • Liara T'Soni maintains her position as the Shadow Broker, and Feron is still her top agent.
    • Legion's sacrifice warranted a war memorial on Rannoch; a symbol of peace to quarians, but also a great tragedy after the geth's destruction.
    • Mordin Solus' sacrifice warranted a war memorial on Tuchanka.
    • Councilor Valern petitioned for the Thane Krios War Memorial, and took Kolyat's advice; funding salarian research of Kepral's Syndrome in an attempt to save others from the pain Thane suffered.
    • Nelson's Column in London was destroyed in the Reaper occupation, and has been replaced by the Anderson Memorial Column. Every year, on the anniversary of the firing of the Crucible, diplomats of all species gather at the Column to pay tribute to the legions of those who gave their lives to secure the galaxy's safety.
    • Javik did not lie on Earth; after the Reapers were destroyed, his job was done. He returned to what he knew as the Cronian Nebula, found his squadmates' graves, and added himself to their ranks, but only after having helped Liara write the book she'd asked him about.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COUNCIL?
    • The asari and turian councilors, Tevos and Sparatus, still serve their species proudly.
    • Councilor Valern died of old age a few years after the Reaper War, having made the most of the life Thane Krios gave him; Kolyat Krios at his side, as a friend.
    • Dominic Osoba was given the human seat on the Council, and has done his best to aid anyone still suffering from the War.
    • The volus were granted a seat on the Council for single-handedly holding together the galactic economy while the Reapers rampaged through the galaxy. Din Korlack currently represents the volus on the Council.
    • The quarians were granted a seat on the Council on the condition that the geth share that seat, if they are ever brought back up to the individuality they accomplished on Rannoch. This was a reward for the huge bravery and sacrifice they showed in both evacuating allied colonies, and in fighting to liberate Earth. Zaal'Koris vas Rannoch sits on the Council to represent his species.
    • The krogan were granted a seat on the Council for playing a major part in the liberation and resistance movement of two Council homeworlds; they prevented the fall of the turian homeworld in the Miracle at Palaven, and Earth could not have been liberated without the krogan forces Urdnot Wrex brought with him. Without the krogan, there wouldn't have been a galaxy left. Urdnot Mord, fifth son of Urdnot Wrex, sits as the krogan councilor, having been raised specifically to be more diplomatic and friendly than most krogan.

WHAT'S THE STORY?
    • Since the galaxy converged on Earth to defeat the Reapers, it has been very rare to see any significant diplomatic arguments among species. The salarians were, at first, wary of the krogan's newfound power as councilors, but upon realising Wrex would keep the krogan in line and was willing to be diplomatic for the sake of his people, they have recently become more friendly toward the krogan. Quite simply, the galaxy is undergoing a golden age of co-operation and partnership, in which everyone helps each other, no matter the species.
    • The original SSV London, an Alliance cruiser, was destroyed over Earth by a Sovereign-class Reaper, and after the Battle of London, Admiral Hackett saw fit to rebuild the London as a Normandy-class frigate, named for the Battle, rather than the City, of London. It was constructed by a galaxy, rather than a race; similar to the Normandy, human and turian designers adapted the systems to be even more advanced than the original Normandy. However, other races also worked on the ship. Quarians, salarians, even rachni; all races have played some part in the construction of the London, and as it nears completion, it has already become a symbol of galactic co-operation, both in its name and its history.
    • The new SSV London is about to go on its maiden voyage to Haestrom; a team of quarian marines and scientists believe they have discovered what is causing the planet's sun, Dholen, to destabilize so quickly.

You are a member of the elite, multi-species squad hand-picked by the Council to man the SSV London, and retrieve this intel from the quarians on Haestrom. You've been told to report to the docks, where the mission CO and XO will meet you and introduce themselves. Good luck.

RULES
    1. I have high hopes for this roleplay. I won't be accepting everyone who applies, only those with particularly appealing character sheets.
    2. No controlling other characters, no over-powered characters, etc.
    3. Stick to the lore of the series and the backstory I've laid out for you as best you can.
    4. Post once a week if you can to be convenient. After two weeks without posting, your character will be "parked" until you come back. If, two weeks after your character is "parked", you still haven't posted, you'll be removed from the members list.
    5. Don't be rude to anyone. We're all here to have fun.

CHARACTERS
    Your character(s) will have to fit into one of these roles to be accepted. If you can come up with a new role, however - either one I've missed, or one you feel should be included - feel free to apply under that role too.

Captain: EpicVakarian as Arryn Vakarian (character sheet on page 1 of info thread)
    XO: EpicVakarian as Adrien Shepard (character sheet on page 3 of info thread)
    Pilot: Simus as Nessus/Sails The Stars With The Enkindlers (character sheet on page 2 of info thread)
    Communications Tech: (open)
    Chief Engineer: (open)
    Ship's Medic / Chief Scientist: (open - think of this as a Mordin-like role, rather than a Chakwas-like role)
    Weapons Master: Wolfbane as James "Vex" Teller (character sheet on page 2 of info thread)
    Main Gunner: (open)
    Intelligence Officer: Toxius as Brandon Zuriel Kehoe (character sheet on page 1 of info thread)

All roles are free to engage in combat too, if you wish; just include your character's combat style or class in your sheet. Once your sheet is posted, I'll inform you if you're accepted or not. If you are, then you'll be added to the cast list immediately. If not, then I'll give you a list of possible improvements you could make to your sheet to improve your chances of being accepted. Thanks for reading, and have fun!

EpicVakarian

The SSV London was a beautiful ship, there was no denying it.

Arryn couldn't help but feel anything other than nervousness as she gazed over its curves, however. This was her first posting since training, and she was being put in command of a brand new Normandy-class frigate. What if she messed up, caused her family shame? She didn't think she could handle that; not after what her parents had accomplished nearly thirty years ago.

Jane Shepard and Garrus Vakarian weren't her parents, not really; but they were certainly her mother and father. They had adopted her at the age of two, an orphan after the Reaper War, and raised her for over twenty years. They had brought pride and honour to their respective races, and Arryn was proud of that, but it had felt like a shadow lurking over her ever since she'd been told what her posting was.

"You'll do fine."
    Adrien, her turian brother, always seemed to know what she was thinking. To be honest, she knew what he was thinking too; it came of inseparable companionship that had lasted twenty-four years, ever since they had both been adopted from that same orphanage in London. His words comforted her slightly, but she was still worried.
    "I keep thinking that somehow, I'm going to fl*ff this up. And I'm worried that because I'm thinking that, I'll be even more likely to."
    "You know what dad would say?" Adrien put a hand on his sister's shoulder, gazing over the ship as well.
    "He'd say to stop worrying and kick some ass," said Arryn, chuckling.
    "There's that," Adrien said, "but he'd also tell you that no matter what happens to this ship, he'll be proud of you."

The words themselves didn't help too much, but Adrien's comforting touch helped a lot. Arryn paused for a moment before pushing off the handrail.
    "Thanks. Really." She smirked, and gave Adrien a playful push. "You know, this is your ship, too. Just doesn't say it on the Alliance records. So stop worrying and kick some ass."
    He laughed, putting an arm around her shoulder and holding her close.
    "We'll be fine. Trust me. I've got a good feeling about this."
    "Yeah, well, you had a good feeling about that asari dancer in Chora's Den last night, too; so you'll forgive me if I ignore that."
    Adrien poked her in the side, making her contort instinctively. "Alright, alright, sorry."

They stood there in silence for a few minutes, just staring at their new ship. It felt as though they'd inherited it; as though their parents' stint with the Normandy was being reflected in them.
    "Hey, have you gotten all cozy in that big XO office on deck 3? I was planning to put my guns in there."
    He smiled, but ignored the sarcastic comment; Arryn was just like her father.
    "Yeah, I'm all set up. Though I'm not a fan of that big desk in there; makes me feel too much like one of those damned politicians. I might end up tossing it out the airlock."
    "Adrien," she said, putting a scolding tone to her voice. "No spacing the furniture. Adrien! Are you listening to me?"
    "Yeah, yeah, I got it. No spacing the furniture. You spoil all my fun." There was a pause. "What about you? How's the captain's cabin?"
    "You know, if you want it, just ask. Seriously."
    "No, I don't want it. I told you that when we moved our stuff in. Are you unpacked?"
    "Yeah. Ready to go."
    "Well, then I guess all that's left is for the rest of the crew to move in. Who do you think will be joining us?"

Arryn paused. She'd not really thought about who she might be commanding; now she did, she had to add an extra worry to her list.
    "Not a damn clue. Some humans, I expect; it's still an Alliance ship, after all. Maybe another few turians, an asari? A drell? I mean, we won't know until they get here. Maybe a krogan!"
    "If you'd said that to any other turian, they'd have crapped themselves," Adrien said, giving the turian equivalent to a smirk, "but I think I might just be able to deal with a krogan after dealing with Thane for so long. Our big brother and I had some mean playfights..."
    "Oh, shut up; you started ninety percent of all those fights!"
    "Details." He winked at her. "Anyway, it's not like we don't get on."
    "I miss him already."
    "So do I, girl. We'll be back, don't worry; and so will he. Aralakh Company's not exactly cannon fodder, nor is a Normandy-class frigate. These things aren't cheap, you know!"
    "I know he'll be back, I'm not worried about that. But having a krogan for a big brother tends to put your problems in perspective; nothing seems to be an issue when Thane's around, because you just feel like he'll sort it all out with a headbutt and a growl. Without that..."
    "Like I said, Arryn, we'll be fine. We wouldn't be on this ship if we couldn't handle ourselves."
    "Yeah." She paused again, scratching her head. "Thanks, Adrien."
    "Anytime."

There was another few minutes of silence, interrupted only by quiet noises emanating from omni-tools as Citadel engineers performed final checks on the London.
    "Could you do me a favour and go check over the ship one more time? I'll wait here. If the crew turns up, I'll call you."
    "Sure."
    Adrien walked back into the ship, and Arryn gazed at the ten-foot-high lettering along the hull, spelling out "L O N D O N". It was still surreal to her, but it was getting better. She was becoming more accustomed to being a ship's captain by the minute. She let herself become engrossed in her own thoughts, just waiting for her crew to reveal themselves.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Nessus could barely steer his skycar correctly. Excitement was rippling across his membrane at such a rate that all six of his long, muscular tentacles were shaking. He still hadn't decided if it was because he was ecstatic or terrified but he still couldn't believe the circumstances that had put him in this car on his way to the docks. Less than an hour ago he was on the Presidium chatting with his friend and fellow hanar Dalen. They were enjoying a drink at Apollo's Coffee and discussing Dalen's new shipment of hats. Nessus loved hats. Ever since he saw the first Blasto movie, which was still the best, he'd wanted to wear them. With sunglasses. Nessus had met Blalsto once when he was much smaller and found him a pertentious jellyfish but still respected him as an actor and icon for their people. Plus he had great taste in fashion regardless of how one looked at him.

As they were chatting they were interrupted by a human messanger with a note for Nessus. He had been ordered by the Council itself to report to the Alliance docks on the Presidium. He was to join a special crew of a Normandy class vessel on a mission of galactic importaince. And he was supposed to fly it. Nessus laughed in the human's face when he read the note, convinced it was a joke. He was a pilot in the hanar military and a very good one but he had done little more than fly cruisers on routine patrol missions since he graduated flight school six months ago. The most exciting thing he had done so far was to fly some drell marines to First Land in the Terminus Systems to babysit a rowdy space station. Most of the time it was one boring survey mission after another, broken up by helping the occasional lost civilian ship or scaring away a small pirate vessel.

Now he was being asked to fly a state of the art warship as part of an elite crew for the Council. He was on his way there now and he still couldn't believe it. As he neared the skycar lot he decided that he would simply head to the ship, meet the crew and let things sink in.

Nessus climed out of his purple skycar and grabbed his pink duffle bag. adjusting his personal mass effect field to let him hover at his full height. He was certianly a sight to see: His purple fedora and pink rimmed Blaso sunglasses made him instantly recognizable. At six and a half feet he was tall for a hanar and much more muscular than most of his kind. His tentacles bulged with long, supple muscle and were as thick as a human's leg. He effortlessly carried his duffle with one of them and wheeled a large metal crate containing his hardsuit and guns with two others. When he used all six tentacles he could push a skycar. A testament to his cybernetics and gene therapy and of the military training programs imposed by Javik, the Great Enkindler who had changed drell and hanar society forever.

As he arrived at the docks he saw the ship. It really did exist and had the name LONDON in large bold lettering on its surface. He hovered there for a minute, just taking it in. This was really his ship to fly, his chance to bring glory to himself and honor to his people. No hanar had ever had such an honorable or importaint role so Nessus couldn't fail. He would not fail. He adjusted his hat and sunglasses and was about to step aboard when ne noticed another crew member, a small and skills human female with a face of great confidence but eyes of doubt and worry. She was obviously nervous but determined to act brave. That was always difficult and Nessus admired those that could overcome their fears. Seeing no reason to delay he floated over to introduce himself.

"Greetings" He flashed, his translator converting his bioluminescent speech into a high pitched but confidant voice. (OOC: The voice of the hanar Javik reads when he's on the Citadel). "This one assumes you are also a crew member of this fine vessel? This one is named Nessus and it has apparently been given the honor of piloting this ship. Would you be so kind as to introduce this one to the captain so this one may introduce itself?"

(OOC: This one apologizes for the sudden change in text size. It seemes the forums are buggy today.)

Last edited:

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    The ships buzzed in and out of the docks, making little sound even for their size. Ever since he was a kid he always loved watching the ships go in and out of the docks, thinking up what heroic action the Alliance class ships were going to do next. It would seem that now he is the one doing the heroic deeds, most likely some kid's unknowing hero just as he had when he was a boy all those years ago. Some things never change. The ice cold metal of the hand rail brought him from his memories and back to the present. His eyes glared at the rail during his daydream.

Now he was reassigned to the SSV London. It was better than being ground side in some ways. Fighting and serving is in his blood, there was no denying it; It ran in the family. He was excited to get back in the fight, to find that camaraderie in unlikely people. In some way he had a romanticized view of the Alliance, and he wasn't ashamed of it either. The black duffle bag was being gripped loosely and over his his right shoulder. James had hoped that this time will turn out better and cleaner. Last time was, bloody, to say the least. How much sleep has be been getting since then? Have the names and faces gone away? Not fully. they'll probably never will. Some ghosts don't and shouldn't be forgotten. The ghosts of past since gone have been on his mind weighing heavy on him. It was one of the reasons why he is looking forward to getting back out there.

"For now they can rest. It's odd how I didn't received a lot of information on my new posting. Maybe there's a good reason for it?" He quietly questioned himself as he continued towards his new posting. It was almost like the first day of college; it's so uneventful because you've done it before but it's nerve racking because its the first day of college. That would be one way to describe it at least. For him the only halfway stressful thing is meeting the new crew, and seeing how they react to you. As he got closer he ran his fingers through his brown hair, trying to keep his zen. Before he knew it he was in front of the hulking space vessel with the word L O N D O N in big letters. With London in big fl*ffing letters I reckon this is the ship. If it was any more obvious it would have the union jack draped over the sides with an arrow pointing at it.

As soon as he saw a beautiful girl who stood with authority he shaped up and introduced himself properly, "Teller reporting for duty. Most know me by Vex. Are you the commanding officer of this vessel?" He wanted to maintain a level of respect for the sake of just meeting her and if she was indeed the commander of the London. First impressions were important to him, after all.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Less than a day ago Brandon was on Earth visiting his mother in Pretoria, he had just returned from an off-world fire mission escorting civilians to a newly colonized volcanic world off near Systems Alliance space. A courier showed up at the door, handed a letter and then left as quickly as he had appeared. Brandon couldn’t help but read its contents, which stated that he had to serve aboard the SSV London which was currently at the Citadel. So he said his goodbyes, packed up and was now sitting in the presidium having a bite to eat with his old C-Sec Captain, whom he was good friends with.

Brandon held one dossier in his hands with it only containing the details of when the ship was officially commissioned as well as when constructed starting, the rest of the details were either classified or top secret, and information on the SSV London was nothing his currently rank nor his status could attain. He would have to be debriefed by the commanding officer, hopefully he or she wouldn’t be too strict.

So, this is all of it?” Brandon asked Adams, his formal Captain while noticing his new rank and attire.

Yes just about everything I can get on the London and whatever it is, you can be sure this isn’t some dead-end job,” Adams replied and pointed to the dossier once again.

Wouldn’t think that it is, It’s where I’m going to hopefully complete my N7,” Brandon said, standing up and was going to make his way to the SSV London.

Good luck with that, I’m sure you’ll make it. I cover the meal, now go before you’re late and remember to call this time!” Adams finished off with, motioning for him to put away his credit chip and pulled out his own. Brandon shook his hands and said his goodbyes before catching a sky Taxi.

Soon he was viewing the side of the SVV London, which was elegantly designed and had its name spelled in capitals across the ship. He paid the taxi fare and made his way to where a small group of people, and a Hanar seemed to have gathered, they seemed like the Londons crew. The Hanar was unlike any he had ever seen, it had thick muscular tentacles which just seemed to add to its height and size. He couldn't help but be intrigued and wanted to learn more. The other member was a male which seemed to be about the same age as himself, brown hair and was probably flirting with the younger female who was obviously the captain of the ship as pertaining to her rank, unless he was wrong. Brandon was walking with his suitcases in hand, he was promised his weapons and his armour was to be shipped directly to the SSV London as it wasn’t allowed on the Citadel.

London, a state of the art war ship. Similar in design to the SSV Normandy, with both Human and Turian design however he couldn’t be sure to what many upgrades this ship could have. The exact details would be great, perhaps he could ask the Engineer in charge of it. He grew closer to the crew, and just about reached them when the one man was just about finished with whatever he said. He greeted the Hanar respectfully and then made his way over to the captain who he could say was pretty good looking.

Lieutenant Commander Kehoe, reporting as ordered ma’am” he saluted as per regulations. She knew who everybody obviously was, and probably had everything on everyone including the report either she or her XO had to write up about him.

EpicVakarian

The first crew member to arrive was, to Arryn's great surprise, a hanar. He had thick tentacles and wore, quite comically, a fedora and sunglasses. He was pushing a large metal crate in front of him.
    "Greetings," he said in a fairly high-pitched voice. "This one assumes you are also a crew member of this fine vessel? This one is named Nessus and has been given the honour of piloting this ship. Would you be so kind as to introduce this one to the captain so this one may introduce itself?"

Arryn smiled up at the hanar's sunglasses; unsure where to look otherwise.
    "You're looking at her. Arryn Vakarian." She held out her hand and let Nessus reach out with one of his tentacles, imitating a hand-shake as best she could with the hanar. By that time, a human man had arrived, with another close behind him. The first stood up straight and spoke respectfully.
    "Teller reporting for duty. Most know me by Vex. Are you the commanding officer of this vessel?"
    "I am."
    "Lieutenant Commander Kehoe, reporting as ordered, ma'am."
    "Please, at ease. I'm no fan of all these formalities. So, let me get this out of the way; I'm Captain Arryn Vakarian; yes, that Vakarian. My XO is aboard; Adrien Shepard, my brother." She let that sink in, and waited for any questions, but these soldiers seemed to have better self-control than she would have expected. "So, you're Nessus, and you're Teller. You're Kehoe. But I don't know anything else about any of you; not even your full names. I understand that's a very private thing with hanar, so I'll let you off." She smiled at Nessus, letting him know she wasn't going to intrude. "I could have read all of your service records, but I chose not to; I prefer to get to know you personally. I'd ask now, but the plan is ideally to set off ASAP, so get yourselves settled in. I'll wait out here to introduce myself to the rest of the crew, and once we're on our way, I'll come round and get to know you all a little better."

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    The noodles were a little spicy. Despite that, they were still pretty good. Grunt had been right, this restaurant was really good. As he exited, he put his helmet back on his head, sealing it in place. Normally, people weren't allowed on the Citadel with full armor, and active weapons, but then, most people weren't a towering Krogan either. Borm turned to his left, and looked at the big dent in the wall outside the restaurant that had yet to have been fixed. Borm chuckled, remembering the story Grunt had told about how he had stolen a Police cruiser on his "Birthday", and had been shot down, and was hungry, so he went to get noodles, and how Shepard had bailed him out of trouble. Borm walked on, heading to the elevator that would take him to the docking bay. A few days ago, Wrex had come up to him, and asked if he wanted to join the crew of a new ship that was to be crewed by many different Species. Borm said yes, having nothing better to do anyways. Ever since the end of the Reaper War, there hasn't been much need for combat. Most of the time, while in the Outer Territories dealing with bandits and pirates, they would give up fighting as soon as they saw the Krogans. Borm figured that maybe there would be more action on this mission. So he set off from Tuchanka, were he was on leave, and traveled to the Citadel. Borm rolled his neck as best as he could in his new armor. It was a prototype, created with the best technology the galaxy had to offer, as well as thick armor plating. It was pitch black in color, with red glowing stripes on it, and eyes that glowed green (Which happened to be the same color as his.). Borm entered the elevator, which had a group of civilian humans on it, and began ridding it up, heading to the space dock. A nice jingle came on in the form of elevator music, and Borm began tapping his foot to the music. Unfortunately, for the humans riding with him, this caused the elevator to shake every time he tapped his foot. The elevator continued climbing, and the music stopped. Borm turned his head, and looked at the humans in the elevator. "So how are you doing today, humans?" He asked in his deep, voice, which sounded even deeper as it was sent through a mic in his helm. The door to the elevator parted, and Borm took a step towards the door, making the elevator shake a little. The humans inside, three females and a male, scrambled out in front of him, screaming as the left. Borm chuckled, as he swore the male screamed higher and louder than all the females combined. As he exited the elevator, he hit his head on the top of the door with a loud bang, which was amplified due to the helmet he had on his head. He let out a loud curse, and then continued out of the elevator. Luckily, his ship, the SSV London wasn't to far away. It was easy to spot with the huge letters on the side that said London. Borm walked up a small stair case in about two steps, looking at the ship as he did so. It didn't look to bad. Was a little shinier than he liked, but he figured it wouldn't stay like that for long. He saw some of the people he would be working with. Three humans, and a... a Jellyfish! And it was wearing a fedora and sun glasses. Borm let out a loud audible chuckle. As he approached, the bridge that led to the ship shook a little with each of his steps. As he finally arrived near the group, he stood up to his full height, towering over everyone in front of the ship. "Who's the captain of this boat?" Borm asked in his deep, Krogan voice, which was filtered through his Helmet microphone.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Varnius stood staring at the datapad that held his new orders. He'd been transferred from the Decitius to a frigate, the SSV London. Orders were to head to the citadel docks and meet up with his new CO, and the rest of the crew. "I am not happy with this" a voice from his side announced. The Turian glanced down and smirked. "Orders are orders, doc." Then he continued in a softer voice "seriously though: thanks for patching me up."

The human woman smiled. "Just doing my job. Good luck out there." Varnius nodded his thanks, and left the med-station. He headed towards the docks, a duffel bag in each hand. One contained his armour, the other his weapons and a few personal effects. Currently, he was wearing his off duty apparel, dark grey clothes, that looked more like a military uniform than anything resembling casual wear.

He would have liked to rejoin his friends and crewmates on the Decitius, but he'd learned while in the medbay that the ship was still undergoing repairs. After a few weeks stuck in a medical station, he was just glad to have the opportunity to get up among the stars again. He would have gone even he'd been assigned to an ore freighter. 'Besides, it should be interesting to meet a few new people'

He made it to the docks, where a group of mixed species had assembled. Varnius recognized a couple of humans, a krogan, and a...hanar? Varnius blinked, wondering if maybe he should have let the doc keep him in the med-station a little longer. But no, he wasn't imagining things, there was definitely a hanar floating among the group. He approached, and announced "Varnius Tandros of the TSF Decitius reporting for duty"

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    "Please, at ease. I'm no fan of all these formalities. So, let me get this out of the way; I'm Captain Arryn Vakarian; yes, that Vakarian. My XO is aboard; Adrien Shepard, my brother." The young lady said excitedly. It was confirmed she was the Captain, and just not any Captain she is the young daughter of Commander Shepard and her brother just happened to be the XO of her ship. Brandon would love to see anybody trying to get close to her without provoking her brother, or she might even already be spoken for.

"So, you're Nessus, and you're Teller. You're Kehoe. But I don't know anything else about any of you; not even your full names. I understand that's a very private thing with hanar, so I'll let you off." She carried on, pausing just for a second and it was probably for any questions some might have. He couldn't believe that she didn't know anything about any of them. She then turned and smiled at the Hanar, "I could have read all of your service records, but I chose not to; I prefer to get to know you personally. I'd ask now, but the plan is ideally to set off ASAP, so get yourselves settled in. I'll wait out here to introduce myself to the rest of the crew, and once we're on our way, I'll come round and get to know you all a little better."

She ended off with, pausing for only a second before there were a few loud thumps. Loud metal thumps and by the sounds of it whoever it is, was pretty heavy. Brandon turned and saw a huge hulking metal figure approach the team. Obviously it was a Krogan.

"Who's the captain of this boat?" The Krogan boomed out. He couldn't believe the Krogan thought this marvel of a ship was just a boat. He smiled politely before turning back to Arryn, the Captain.

Brandon Kehoe. May I ask where my quarters is, or should I ask your brother? I believe I’m your intelligence officer” He held his hand out for Arryn to shake, while the Krogan stopped near the crew. He had one idea in his mind, don’t mess with the Krogan. At the same time, he was glad to have on on board. Brandon believed Arryn was just about to respond when another crew member, a turian, approached.

"Varnius Tandros of the TSF Decitius reporting for duty" He clearly said, just as how Brandon did. Clearly a man of the military, or should he rather say, Turian. He waited for Arryn to respond once again to him, and then the new arrived crew members. He couldn't wait to get settled in, more so getting to know everyone and last one of them on the crew and the way the conveyed respect. “First hour here and already getting the feel of the crew, well they were picked for a reason. Apparently the same as why he was chosen. Also if Arryn didn't read up on the crew members, then it was probably Adrien that was going to write up my report, Brandon thought to himself, she seemed new to commandeering ships or maybe she wasn't and just gave off this sort of outward appearance. His mind suddenly wandered back to the mission and to the fact they had to leave immediately.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "This one appreciates your consideration Captain Shepard. It assures you that it is most eager to get to know you." Nessus said, allowing Arryn to grab one of his right tentacles in a "handshake." It didn't take a salarian mathematician to tell him that he was a strange sight amongst this group, but he would earn their respect in time. "Perhaps, if this one finds you worthy of sufficient trust, it will reveal its Soul Name. It sees no reason as to why this should not happen. Now then, which way to the helm? This one is eager to familiarize itself with the London's controls and to prepare to get underway."

Nessus took some time to look around while he waited for the captain to answer him. Two humans, one of a darker skin color than the other, a strong looking turian and a massive krogan. Bigger than any he had seen before.

Yes. He was indeed still the strangest one here.

Latest posts